PDA

View Full Version : Obama to shut down Guantanamo Bay

MemorEsto
01-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Yeahhhh.....let's let all the terrorists free to run about and blow people up again!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/01/14/gitmo.detainees/index.html

YJBIZ
01-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Trust me that place has been empting out for the past two years. you think bush was going to let them all run around again. It will still be a naval port and is more than likley going to be a UN prison.

MemorEsto
01-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Sell it to a militia who will take care of the terrorists for good.

village_idiot
01-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Sell it to a militia who will take care of the terrorists for good.
Quoted for truth.:s-minigun:

SirFuego
01-16-2009, 11:24 AM
I viewed Obama's campaign as a publicity stunt to get votes. It worked. But you also have to keep in mind that there is a lot of information that the military doesn't release to civilians for obvious reasons. Wait for Obama to be in office and get briefed about the real facts in Gitmo, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Then we'll see if his opinions about those situations change at all. Of course, I don't know the real facts, so maybe it won't change.

I'm going to make a prediction here for if Obama decides to not pull out troops (which includes lengthenining the time he said they are going to be there) or not release Gitmo prisoners like he says he would. In general the masses (read: the media) will respect his decision because they will say it was based on sound information and in the best interest of the country.

MemorEsto
01-16-2009, 12:13 PM
I agree there is alot of things the public will never know.... Like people we might really have in prison and don't want the media to know.