PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming is real...

OverkillZJ
01-26-2009, 11:47 AM
And the US's energy policy will now be run with the belief that man-made global warming is real.

Just watched the press conference, what... the....****...

BAD_GNR
01-26-2009, 01:12 PM
This is super cereals stuff, guys.

http://origin.aintitcool.com/images2007/gore.jpg

Excelsior!

trailblaze
01-26-2009, 01:15 PM
everyone knows global warming is from us doing the daylight savings thing later this year... we have more daylight so that means more heat.

Leady
01-26-2009, 01:52 PM
haha dude half the people I talked to last week about global warming started their side of the conversation by saying," I don't believe in global warming."

Its a good thing the government is now deciding to address the problem as a reality.

Unless the scientists are lying, the glaciers are melting. It is part of the earth's cycle because so many years ago the whole earth was ice and now it is what it is. But I think were speeding the process up.

I think that this day and age we should have the technology to eliminate carbon monoxide gasses mechanically. That should be something we spend money on.

SirFuego
01-26-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm not a proponent of human-affected global warming in any way shape or form, I have never heard an argument that convinces my scientific mind that us humans have a noticeable effect on climate of the global environment.

Unless the scientists are lying, the glaciers are melting. It is part of the earth's cycle because so many years ago the whole earth was ice and now it is what it is. But I think were speeding the process up.
Based on that argument, you are saying that all this stuff being done to curb global warming is simply being done to delay the inevitable -- so what's the point?

gearhead313
01-26-2009, 02:52 PM
So... the gov acting on a made-up issue is supposed to be surprising? nugga please.

...id just like to point out that just the other day when it was 5 f'ing degrees out, the record high was 75 in 1950.

I'm starting "Global Freezing" in spite...

Leady
01-27-2009, 02:25 AM
I'm not a proponent of human-affected global warming in any way shape or form, I have never heard an argument that convinces my scientific mind that us humans have a noticeable effect on climate of the global environment.

Based on that argument, you are saying that all this stuff being done to curb global warming is simply being done to delay the inevitable -- so what's the point?

I guess you could say that but the point I was making is that humans threw off the natural curve of the earth's progression enough already. Before humans there wasn't a problem with this. Humanity could be more cautious about it. Some people could give a **** less because they'll be dead before anything crazy happens. I won't live to see the world run out of oil, or the continents shift another 1,000 miles, or Florida to be underwater like Al Gore says will happen but its not a bad cause to support.

And I believe that scientists won't tell you some bullshit because what do they have to gain? Other than a scare tactic I see no reason.

I don't worship tree's or anything, I still add to the problem but I also believe its a problem.

Like I said earlier why can't we make CO2 eaters or create a perfect environment? There is crazier shit going into building cell phones than that.

Deadman 94 xj
01-27-2009, 03:10 AM
haha, global bull shit.

George Carlin comes to mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOOc5yiIWkg

OverkillZJ
01-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Conserve and be cautious: yes. Legislate an already dying auto industry, to produce more vehicles that too many folks just don't want to buy: STUPID.

DMG
01-28-2009, 03:26 PM
The Earth's climate is cyclical, going from cold to hot regardless of what we do.
Also, carbon monoxide is not a "greenhouse gas" and has not been associated with global warming. You have no idea what you are talking about.

haha dude half the people I talked to last week about global warming started their side of the conversation by saying," I don't believe in global warming."

Its a good thing the government is now deciding to address the problem as a reality.

I think that this day and age we should have the technology to eliminate carbon monoxide gasses mechanically. That should be something we spend money on.

OverkillZJ
01-28-2009, 03:27 PM
This is super cereals stuff, guys.

http://origin.aintitcool.com/images2007/gore.jpg

Excelsior!

I need to buy you a beer just for that :048:

BAD_GNR
01-28-2009, 05:48 PM
The Earth's climate is cyclical, going from cold to hot regardless of what we do.

I agree x11ty billion. We just haven't been around long enough to have witnessed the warming trend.

I need to buy you a beer just for that :048:

That episode summed up my feelings pretty well about this topic, thanks.

DodgeMudder
01-29-2009, 11:56 AM
I have one simple thought for all of those who think global warming is real and man made or influenced. If you actually look at the real tamps globally to show this global warming crap, it stopped warming back around 2001-2 and has been in a slight decline for the last 5 years.

OverkillZJ
01-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Great, Global FREEZING is the next fad.

Desert_Runner
01-29-2009, 02:18 PM
:s-minigun:650 scientists deny man-made global warming

Over 650 dissenting scientists from around the globe challenged man-made global warming claims made by the United Nations Intergovernemntal Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and former Vice President Al Gore. This new 231-page U.S. Senate Minority Report report -- updated from 2007’s groundbreaking report of over 400 scientists who voiced skepticism about the so-called global warming “consensus” -- features the skeptical voices of over 650 prominent international scientists, including many current and former UN IPCC scientists, who have now turned against the UN IPCC. This updated report includes an additional 250 (and growing) scientists and climate researchers since the initial release in December 2007. The over 650 dissenting scientists are more than 12 times the number of UN scientists (52) who authored the media-hyped IPCC 2007 Summary for Policymakers.

The chorus of skeptical scientific voices grow louder in 2008 as a steady stream of peer-reviewed studies, analyses, real world data and inconvenient developments challenged the UN and former Vice President Al Gore's claims that the "science is settled" and there is a "consensus." On a range of issues, 2008 proved to be challenging for the promoters of man-made climate fears. Promoters of anthropogenic warming fears endured the following: Global temperatures failing to warm; Peer-reviwed studies predicting a continued lack of warming; a failed attempt to revive the discredited “Hockey Stick”; inconvenient developments and studies regarding CO2; the Sun; Clouds; Antarctica; the Arctic; Greenland; Mount Kilimanjaro; Hurricanes; Extreme Storms; Floods; Ocean Acidification; Polar Bears; lack of atmosphieric dust; the failure of oceans to warm and rise as predicted.

If your interested here's the link
http://current.com/items/89613636/650_scientists_deny_man_made_global_warming/0.htm

Jay

Leady
01-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Also, carbon monoxide is not a "greenhouse gas" and has not been associated with global warming. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Sorry wrong gas, all I was trying to say is this, if there is any effect on the earth's atmosphere from humans, with our technology we could reverse the effects. That's all I wanted to say.

DMG
01-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Oops, I did not understand what you were saying, then.

Sorry wrong gas, all I was trying to say is this, if there is any effect on the earth's atmosphere from humans, with our technology we could reverse the effects. That's all I wanted to say.

2002wranglerX
02-24-2009, 11:30 PM

did you hear today they announced that the sea ice they thought was melting wasn't. they were off by an area the size of california or something nuts like that.

do you ever notice that they're never wrong the OTHER way? it's always "oh it wasn't as cold as we thought".

it's bullshit. period.

Leady
03-16-2009, 10:44 AM
I don't know what to make of it really, I hope we aren't ruining the planet. But the earth does go through cycles naturally, so everything that is here now, could be different millions or thousands of years from now.

OverkillZJ
03-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Why wouldn't it be different millions of years from now?

You realize what a short time period humans have been here compared to millions of years?

Leady
03-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Oh yeah totally I understand that we've only been around for so long. I know the earth will be different in millions of years. I guess one point is that maybe humans are trying to secure a future for themselves because I'm pretty sure the earth will still be here. Hell, the earth froze over and look at it now. All the continents shifted around so much according to certain studies. There is a lot that the actual planet will make it through that humans won't, so maybe a global warming scare was to remind people what we actually need to survive so they wouldn't screw it up.