PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Raider/Mistu Montero

Tripower389
01-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Hey Guys,

Anyone out there into Dodge Raiders? Mitsu Montero's ?

- jason

village_idiot
01-29-2009, 07:14 PM
I like those little rigs, wish i had one, but they ain't the most popular wheels in PA

Dudewayne
01-29-2009, 08:47 PM
I had an '87 Montero, I couldn't kill it. Really good vehicle.
There is supposed to be an engine swap with a Mitsubishi Starion, that way the you get a turbo and an intercooler... never did the swap though.

MemorEsto
01-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Hey Guys,

Anyone out there into Dodge Raiders? Mitsu Montero's ?

- jason

My buddy's got a Raider i'm thinking about buying and chopping up. Toy axles and 35's

RedRaider
01-30-2009, 03:34 PM
They are pretty hard to kill, w/ the exception of the 2.6 engine. I have 2. A red one w/ broken 2.6 carbed engine and rear leafs and a gold one w/ 3.0 V6 and rear coils. The one with the broken engine is currently awaiting to be swapped onto a toyota frame w/ solid axles, 38s, 4link rear, 3 link front. Problem with them is that there is almost no aftermarket support. You really can't get more than 2" of lift without doing something custom. But they will fit 31x10.5 with no fender trimming and no lift. body lifts are available. Add-a-leafs(2" lift) and new rear coils(2" lift) are available. Torsion bars can be cranked for 1.5-2" of lift in front, though new torsion bars are available (don't know how much lift you get with them). Also the rear diff is removable as a unit like toyotas and ford 9", making it easy to weld the spiders. They're also pretty cheap vehicles. I got my red 2.6(running) for $400 and my gold 3.0 (running) for $500.

Starion engine swap is possible and has been done, but most people do it with the 2.6. The 3.0 V6 has plenty of power for the little rig. Turbo kits are also available for the 2.6.

I took my gold one, w/ V6, coils, and 31s to beaverun dirt days and thrashed it pretty good on some level 2 trails there. i ripped off part of the exhaust, punctured a brake line, punctured the return fuel line, put a hole in the oil pan, power steering went out in the first few minutes there, and yet it still kept going and was able to drive back on the trailer.

village_idiot
01-31-2009, 10:31 PM
My neighbor had one i wanted to buy, but it was rusted out and he wanted like 3500 bucks for it.

doublejz
01-31-2009, 11:27 PM
You wanted to buy a lot of shit....

village_idiot
02-01-2009, 01:05 AM
You wanted to buy a lot of shit....
True, if I was Bill Gates' kid, he would be broke within the month.