PDA

View Full Version : My AR Build

notmYJ
02-12-2009, 04:03 AM
It has been a few months in the making but all parts will be here on fri. I have had the Stag Arms lower for a while. The Bushy A3 complete upper, DPMS lower parts kit, "Cheap" optics, CAA collapsible stock, CAA ergo grip and a few others will all be here on fri. I already have half dozen 30rd Pmags, a few 30rd GI mags, etc.

I am planning on putting it together fri afternoon. I might make it to my buddies house on sat to shoot at his range (yes he has a range in his basement, capable to 50BMG, It rivals most indoor ranges in the area). I will be upgrading the furniture as time goes on, but I am glad to have a complete rifle at this point....

Update: Parts showed up today 2/13. Here is what I have for parts...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/regalracer1979/CIMG0181.jpg

Here it is mostly assembled. My DPMS lower parts kit did not have the trigger springs so the trigger group is not installed, but you get the idea. I called the supplier, and they are on the way. Also, I have to get a new mount for my scope to mount it on the flat top. No biggie, but I can't wait for some zombie killin fun!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/regalracer1979/CIMG0182.jpg

MF Steve!
02-12-2009, 07:15 AM
Word. If you're interested in trying any furniture before you buy, mine has all been upgraded. VLTOR enhanced modstock, VLTOR CASV-EL handguard, Tango Down battle grip...you're more than welcome to F around w/ it. I've also got an armorers tool and all the right sized punches needed.

notmYJ
02-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Cool. Thanks Steve. I am thinking about getting a YHM Lightweight Free Float 4 rail hand guard and gas block. It doesn't have any iron sights on right either. But flipup sights might be a good a idea

dan58
02-12-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm beyond jealous. It's still in unknown land. Been 13-14 weeks now.

MF Steve!
02-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Cool. Thanks Steve. I am thinking about getting a YHM Lightweight Free Float 4 rail hand guard and gas block. It doesn't have any iron sights on right either. But flipup sights might be a good a idea

No problemo. If you wanna talk parts, give me a call. The YHM flip iron sights (BUIS) are nice. I'd stay away from Midwest Industries sights, and any no-names. They seem to have some slop in them...which, well, makes accuracy non existent between flip-ups and downs.

I've ordered 90% of my parts from Rainier Arms. They're in Washington state, and their parts make it to my door in less than a week for $7 shipping. Top notch everything. www.rainierarms.com

I'll say that quality does come with a pricetag in the AR parts. Don't do it nice because you did it twice...

notmYJ
02-13-2009, 01:49 AM
Steve, also check out ar15-rifles.com I ordered a couple things from him, he is up in Freeport, PA. Hell of a nice guy, talked to him for a bit when I ordered my lower parts kit.

I realized a problem today though. As I am piecing this together cause I didn't want to wait to order a kit from the big kit companies, I realized I didn't order a buffer, tube, or spring. But I think I found one locally so I am gonna get it in the AM, then get home before the UPS and FedEx guys show up.

I'll put up some pics when it all gets here.

notmYJ
02-14-2009, 01:04 AM
Updated the first post with pics...

MF Steve!
02-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Nice job. What made you go with an A3 upper vs. an M4? What's the barrel length?

Al's Custom is in Freedom, not Freeport...used to drive by all the time goin to see the ex...

notmYJ
02-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Nice job. What made you go with an A3 upper vs. an M4? What's the barrel length?

Al's Custom is in Freedom, not Freeport...used to drive by all the time goin to see the ex...

Wow, I just rechecked myself and your right... He is in Freedom, and it is an M4 not a A3. I have been in a drug induced haze for last few days with wicked sickness... lol.

Also, one more plug for Al's, I didn't even get to call him about the missing parts from my lower kit, and the springs that I needed showed up on sat. He is good!

If, I feel better by mon, I might try to get out and squeeze a few off....