PDA

View Full Version : New car

Aston
03-10-2009, 06:06 PM
I know it aint going off-road, but here's our new car anyway. This is what the little woman traded her '06 Exploder in on.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt161/matt1aston/lancerfrntside.jpg

Anyway... heres the highlight stuff
09 Lancer GTS
2.4L MIVEC I4 168 hp
Moonroof
650 Watt Rockford Fosgate Stereo
CVT Trans with 6spd preset shiftronic mode

I have never been one for small cars, especially small foreign cars... but this, I have to admit I am relatively impressed with to say the least. I looked over it from bumper to bumper and they really did seem to build the car well. The only concern i have is with the complicated Transmission, I guess we'll see how that does.

I dont want to get all "Fast and Furious" but i did look up some of the available bolt-ons and its seems like for about a grand it would easily cross the 200+ hp mark and without sounding like a weed-wacker.

I'm sorry to say that the damn Exploder is gone, but relieved. The transmission was acting like it could give up the ghost soon, the radiator was poorly designed so no matter how many times it was replaced it cracked and leaked, the auto-4x4 was as useless all jerky and clunky, and it was terribly underpowered and over burdened for being a 4.0L which equated to horrible gas mileage.

96greenxjjeep
03-10-2009, 06:09 PM
me likey

limegreentj
03-10-2009, 06:27 PM
nice car

RedRaider
03-10-2009, 09:00 PM
I like the new lancers, sooo much better looking than the last ones. I haven't driven one, but I hear cvt transmissions aren't sporty at all because they don't really have set gearing. let us know how you like the cvt.

.J u s t i n
03-10-2009, 09:18 PM
I definitely like the look of the new Lancers. Especially the Evo X

Ronin152
03-10-2009, 09:43 PM
I think the evo and the vw jetta are one of the few entry level cars which actually look good.

commando72
03-12-2009, 12:37 AM
I know it aint going off-road, but here's our new car anyway. This is what the little woman traded her '06 Exploder in on.

We had a Montero Sport for 7 years until we traded it on her new car. We had looked at those, but the 09's weren't out yet and she thought it was too sporty...So, ended up with a Camry. :(
Glad it's hers and not mine. :)

I would not hesitate to get a Mitsu product again, our last one was still running great with 120K on the clock.

trailblaze
03-12-2009, 01:04 PM
yeah, those are good cars.

nice move. explorers suck.