PDA

View Full Version : My next sidearm

MF Steve!
03-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Springfield XD-M 9mm, 19+1 capacity!

www.the-m-factor.com

OverkillZJ
03-11-2009, 04:50 PM
You're buying what I was going to before my $1,000 deductible went to car insurance... That thing is badass.

OverkillZJ
03-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Black or bi-tone?

rubicondave33
03-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Go get one. I bought mine right after the new year, and love it. Also, at the time I bought it Springfield had an offer for two more 19 round mags and a mag holder for free. They even came in a nice padded plastic case when I got them.
Great gun!

trailblaze
03-11-2009, 06:55 PM
awesome gun!

when i bought my XD9 they were offering i believe a 15 shot clip for a limited time. by the time i sent my check they returned it and told me no more were available. i would have had 15+1 in the smaller design.

been searching for them clips now for some time. no luck.

EddyB
03-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Trading in the .40?

MF Steve!
03-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Trading in the .40?

Nah, I want another. If anything I'd trade the XD40 for an XD40 sub compact.

Sleeper
03-11-2009, 08:56 PM
I have a .45, between GLOCK and XP XP wins hands down in my book. The feel is way better and i like the trigger pull alot as well. And cannot go wrong with the extra mag, holster,case and other various things they throwe in for you as well.

trailblaze
03-11-2009, 08:57 PM
steve, do you carry your XD's concealed?

i have a hard time keeping my XD 9 from being obvious.

OverkillZJ
03-11-2009, 08:59 PM
I have a .45, between GLOCK and XP XP wins hands down in my book. The feel is way better and i like the trigger pull alot as well. And cannot go wrong with the extra mag, holster,case and other various things they throwe in for you as well.

You mean XD?

MF Steve!
03-11-2009, 09:15 PM
steve, do you carry your XD's concealed?

i have a hard time keeping my XD 9 from being obvious.

Yes, I carry my XD40 concealed. I have a Blackhawk SERPA II retention holster. It rides pretty high which helps. Its not the best for carrying conceals with something such asa t-shirt on, but it

trailblaze
03-11-2009, 10:03 PM
just about any of these is what i want... they are sooo light. 357 or 44 mag would be my choice. 6 shots is good enough. i hope i never have more than 1-2 people i need to pull it on.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=11101&storeId=10001&categoryId=50802&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=15703&top_category=15703

DeathBlade556
03-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Steve, do you have the 3" or 4" model XD40?

BTW I've been meaning to get a CCW, anybody want to be the two character references?

LordAthens
03-11-2009, 11:50 PM
The capacity on the XD-M's is pretty unreal. I haven't had a chance to get my hands on one yet to see if I like the width. I ended up with a Houge slide on grip on my .40 and that made a world of difference as I thought the standard XD was a bit on the narrow side.

Yes, I carry my XD40 concealed. I have a Blackhawk SERPA II retention holster. It rides pretty high which helps. Its not the best for carrying conceals with something such asa t-shirt on, but it

The SERPA II, that's the belt loop "duty" version?

I have a CQC paddle that I've been pretty happy with so far. I've been breaking Dave's DeSantis in for him until he orders his XD for the last week or so now and have been using it to carry for the last 2 days. I can't decide which one I like more at this point. I like the cant on the CQC a lot more, the DeSantis has a lot of forward cant to it. I also like the fact that CQC releases right now. Maybe the DeSantis just isn't fully broken in, but I find the draw to be to tight and if you loosen it up, then it doesn't feel secure. The DeSantis carries closer though and doesn't print as bad as the CQC.

Any other XD holsters that you've tried and liked?

MF Steve!
03-12-2009, 06:15 AM
Steve, do you have the 3" or 4" model XD40?

4"

The capacity on the XD-M's is pretty unreal. I haven't had a chance to get my hands on one yet to see if I like the width. I ended up with a Houge slide on grip on my .40 and that made a world of difference as I thought the standard XD was a bit on the narrow side.

The SERPA II, that's the belt loop "duty" version?

I have a CQC paddle that I've been pretty happy with so far. I've been breaking Dave's DeSantis in for him until he orders his XD for the last week or so now and have been using it to carry for the last 2 days. I can't decide which one I like more at this point. I like the cant on the CQC a lot more, the DeSantis has a lot of forward cant to it. I also like the fact that CQC releases right now. Maybe the DeSantis just isn't fully broken in, but I find the draw to be to tight and if you loosen it up, then it doesn't feel secure. The DeSantis carries closer though and doesn't print as bad as the CQC.

XD-M is damn near the same or a hair wider width as a standard XD. Very comfortable, and the newer style grip is much nicer. Played with one at Ace the other night when I was out bidding work.

SERPA is the model. It is level 2 retention, the one with the button on the side. Level 3 has the button and needs to be rocked back before you can pull it from the housing.

I'm picky. I found not one single other holsters on the market that felt comfortable, had the amount of adjustment, or fit ME correctly. Holsters to me are just like shoes, if they don't fit comfortably, I don't buy them.

EddyB
03-12-2009, 07:22 AM

I have a Desantis mini slide pancake style holster for my XD40 SC that is very comfortable.

Lunchbox
03-12-2009, 08:08 AM
the XD-M is a nice gun. But for cost reasons, I am going with either the XD-9 or XD-40 in 4". If I had the extra 100 i would buy the XDM. Can't go wrong either way.

jackb1
03-12-2009, 08:26 AM

I have a DeSanis inside the pants holster that I like a lot. Nylon, but fits the gun very well.

LordAthens
03-12-2009, 12:21 PM
SERPA is the model. It is level 2 retention, the one with the button on the side. Level 3 has the button and needs to be rocked back before you can pull it from the housing.

I'm picky. I found not one single other holsters on the market that felt comfortable, had the amount of adjustment, or fit ME correctly. Holsters to me are just like shoes, if they don't fit comfortably, I don't buy them.

So you using this - http://www.bearonarock.com/images/Blackhawk%20CQC%20Serpa%20Standard%20Holster.jpg but with a belt loop?

I'm trying to figure out the difference, if any between the Serpa and the CQC.

I'll have to go take a look at the XD-M. I want to get something new, in all black or black / SS instead of the black / OD that I have now. I was hoping to get into a 3" model, though it looks like it's going to be a 4.5" if I get a XD-M. I'm a shorter dude and would appreciate the smaller barrel.

I'm probably going to run down to Coen Oil in Washington tomorrow, maybe I'll swing by Ace on the way home.

Looks like a sweet firearm Steve, hope you like it. Have you picked it up yet?

MF Steve!
03-12-2009, 04:07 PM
So you using this - http://www.bearonarock.com/images/Blackhawk%20CQC%20Serpa%20Standard%20Holster.jpg but with a belt loop?

I'm trying to figure out the difference, if any between the Serpa and the CQC.

I'll have to go take a look at the XD-M. I want to get something new, in all black or black / SS instead of the black / OD that I have now. I was hoping to get into a 3" model, though it looks like it's going to be a 4.5" if I get a XD-M. I'm a shorter dude and would appreciate the smaller barrel.

I'm probably going to run down to Coen Oil in Washington tomorrow, maybe I'll swing by Ace on the way home.

Looks like a sweet firearm Steve, hope you like it. Have you picked it up yet?

You make my head want to explode. CQC stands for Close Quarters Concealment. Its a product line. The holster is the SERPA. It comes in Level 2, and Level 3. I have a Level 2. It came with a paddle, and a belt loop. They are interchangeable.

No I didn't buy it. I don't have the money...hence the reason for title "My NEXT Sidearm." Someday...when I can pull an extra $1000 I'll have it.

cityslicker
03-12-2009, 11:14 PM
My little brother has an xd nine. he loves it. I am partial to hk and sig saur if I'm gonna spend the money.

LordAthens
03-12-2009, 11:35 PM
You make my head want to explode. CQC stands for Close Quarters Concealment. Its a product line. The holster is the SERPA. It comes in Level 2, and Level 3. I have a Level 2. It came with a paddle, and a belt loop. They are interchangeable.

No I didn't buy it. I don't have the money...hence the reason for title "My NEXT Sidearm." Someday...when I can pull an extra $1000 I'll have it.

Well see, there is all the confusion on my part. I don't recall my package saying Serpa on it, I definitely remember CQC. I'll be the first to admit I don't follow accessories (or firearms for that matter) with a ton of detail. I tried a few holsters at Anthony and bought the one I liked.

And the NEXT part could have meant, I put it on layaway / put a deposit on it, will have it soon, etc.

I'm glad I want to make your head explode. Gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside, knowing I'm doing something right ;)

Wrecker
03-13-2009, 08:31 AM
The Scene: MFSteve house

Steve's Mom and Dad are sitting on the couch.
They hear a loud sound.

"Honey" his mom says looking at his dad" What was that noise?"

"Steve's head" dad says while looking at the paper " He is on that internet thing again."

Mom chuckles as she says back " Oh that Branden must have come out from under his rock again and is posting."

LordAthens
03-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Lols

beat1078
03-13-2009, 11:39 AM
You mean XD?

No he meant XP. The pistol takes 20 minutes to boots up before you can fire it. Just when you acquire your target it presents a security/safety question "Are you sure you want to fire at that target? Press OK to continue or Cancel to leave this target". After you squeeze the trigger the mag ejects and you have to reboot the pistol. :gear_evil:

OverkillZJ
03-13-2009, 11:51 AM
no he meant xp. The pistol takes 20 minutes to boots up before you can fire it. Just when you acquire your target it presents a security/safety question "are you sure you want to fire at that target? Press ok to continue or cancel to leave this target". After you squeeze the trigger the mag ejects and you have to reboot the pistol. :gear_evil:

:046:

cjw94xk
03-13-2009, 11:54 PM
Does anyone on here have any experience with the Ruger sr9?

notmYJ
03-14-2009, 01:33 AM
Does anyone on here have any experience with the Ruger sr9?

No first hand, but it has been getting really good reviews. I listen to alot of gun related podcasts, brodcasts, etc, and so far I have heard nothing but good things.

jim91303
06-08-2009, 11:36 PM
i got the ruger SR9 ..... awesome side arm. i was thinking of the XD-9mm at first .... but i'm a smaller framed person so the width of the SR9 at 1'' or just under ... thinnest 9mm made ... couldn't pass it up ... good price too .... just under 500