PDA

View Full Version : Moraine State Park

2002wranglerX
03-15-2009, 11:19 PM
HOLY PISS. we rode it today. 4 hours of rocks and logs.... it was intense. My legs are TOAST and my arms hurt from all the lifts! CRAZY.

anyone ever ridden it? we popped in at the main parking lot. there's a trail off to the right. There's a sign that says the trail isn't complete but you can still ride it.

It was pretty wild.

Sycotik Skier
03-15-2009, 11:41 PM
yeah thats just up the road from my house. it'd definately a work out. I wish they'd let us wheel up there. It's named moraine because of the glacier that passed through and there are rocks all through that place. I'd love to be able to wheel through there. I was just out at McConnell's mill today climbing and rapelling. I love our state parks

cjw94xk
03-20-2009, 10:12 PM
We really do have a good mix of parks around. Climbing, kayaking, biking, just about everything on a small scale.
I have never done Moraine before, but I plan on it this spring. I still need to get used to being clipped in and get my legs back though

toocheaptosmoke
03-21-2009, 01:37 AM
I'd probably die trying to take a bike through there. I live next to the park and ride the sled trails, some gnarly hill climbs, would be freakin awesome to have a 4x4 trail through there. :023:

HoodRN
03-21-2009, 09:42 AM
I'd probably die trying to take a bike through there. I live next to the park and ride the sled trails, some gnarly hill climbs, would be freakin awesome to have a 4x4 trail through there. :023:

Yes it would. The Park Rangers and the Game Commission found a couple guys creating a 4wd trail off of North Country Club Road. End of trail project. It would be nice if people didn't do this sort of thing, it pretty much screws an chance of legitimate activity in the future.