View Full Version : Glenn Beck on AIG

Ragnorox
03-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Very interesting and troubling.....The stuff the Feds don't want you to know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqiJ7u6fqTA

OverkillZJ
03-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Glenn nailed it, as he often does.

We can't go back on a contract, it is as simple as that. If the US Government starts forcing companies to go back on contracts, then what the hell ground are we standing on?

Ragnorox
03-19-2009, 08:11 PM
I find it disturbing that that amount of money was handed out just to go overseas

Bird_Flu
03-19-2009, 10:13 PM
I find it disturbing that that amount of money was handed out just to go overseas

You aren't the only one. I'm also disturbed by the fact that there were quotas for sub-prime mortgages. No wonder it all went down in flames when banks were either asked or required to have a minimum amount of mortgages be sub-prime. Again this is just another reason for term limits and the abolishing or severe limiting of lobbyists. I wonder who convinced the morons in congress to push banks for sub-primes?

OverkillZJ
03-19-2009, 10:15 PM
You aren't the only one. I'm also disturbed by the fact that there were quotas for sub-prime mortgages. No wonder it all went down in flames when banks were either asked or required to have a minimum amount of mortgages be sub-prime. Again this is just another reason for term limits and the abolishing or severe limiting of lobbyists. I wonder who convinced the morons in congress to push banks for sub-primes?

Some times I think you forget you're a registered democrat :overkill:

:116::116::116::116::116:

Bird_Flu
03-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Some times I think you forget you're a registered democrat :overkill:

:116::116::116::116::116:

Doesn't mean I don't think most of them are a bunch of dipshits. Well that goes for most politicians really.

OverkillZJ
03-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Hippy! (Yeah, I'm bored...)

DMG
03-19-2009, 10:22 PM
I seriously want to start my own business so (Jen, stop reading here) I can use creative bookkeeping to avoid paying taxes simply to avoid paying for the bullshit BHO is spending our money on.

OverkillZJ
03-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Such business exist to an extent, but they're doing it by helping super-rich folks send their tax dollars to charities who can actually do GOOD WORK and HELP PEOPLE instead of the government who will most likely throw it away.

One example is Wealth Transfer Solutions Inc, one of my clients, and one I'm proud to work with.