Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $150 Nissan Truck... Who is the NISMO GURU?

$150 Nissan Truck... Who is the NISMO GURU?

FIXED IT

Fuse link wire was burned up. i jumped it out

OK...

I never thought that I would wind up with this, but my credit union had an auction for this repo 1995 Nissan and I got a call yesterday that several people did not want it (rusty frame) and they were down to my bid.

$150 later, I got it... No sales tax or title fees as they notarized the title over to me and out the door I went.

My plan when I bid was to use it for fire wood or getting mulch from the Saw Mill down the road from my place, but the frame is really really rusty.

BIG PROBLEM

Repo Guys broke ignition switch. No Keys!!

Anyone know how to hot wire a Nissan Truck?? I'll be satisfied with an on off switch and a starter button...

Right now the truck wont start... I tore the column apart, I got the broken key out... and I have some little button that makes the dinging noise go away.

Is there a clutch interlock (depress limit switch) that might be causing my no start problem?? Or am I missing something.

I should be able to stick a screwdriver in what is left of the ignition switch and turn it to start it? right?

Anyone?
    Last edited by LaurelHighTim; 05-21-2009 at 02:34 PM.

I'm jealous that my subtible is lame.
    I don't know how ot help you (sorry), but I want to see pix of this $150 ride, and the rust.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar
    couldnt you just get a new cylinder from advance or something?
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    try www.4x4parts.com forum
    [COLOR=darkorchid][/COLOR]

I dont know about advance?

The column is all torn apart (busted the wheel lock to turn the wheel to get it on the roll back)

The switch is sodered on... or else I cant find the wire connection point because I have not looked that far yet.

Is it necessary to push in the clutch to start this vehicle?

Less posting, more wheeling!
    what model?

im pretty sure it is necessary to push in the clutch to start
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

A new cylinder would work just fine. It's not a ford, so you can remove it without the original key. Ford and their stupid ideas, lol!

For the frame, just back half it with either tube/pipe OR get the back half rails from summit or jegs. Those would make quick work of what you need to do to fix it. BTW cool buy, now fix it so you beat the hell out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mykal View Post
    what model?

Hard Body 1995?? Extended Cab SE soemthing or other... 4cyl...

Hell I dont know.... $150 model!!

Im not familiar with Nissan's. I was going to try to find you the FSM with wiring diagrams or search for your anwser. Forget it. Im not that worried about it. Good luck.

lol wow...what an answer....forget it im not that worried about it....wow

Quote Originally Posted by creepyjon View Post
    A new cylinder would work just fine. It's not a ford, so you can remove it without the original key. Ford and their stupid ideas, lol!
    I think that I already figured this part out as I found the plug for the switch mechanism. There are two of these trucks in the U-Pull it near me, both with keys in them, but that started and were driveable as of about a week ago.

I'm going to go see about getting the column parts.

For the frame, just back half it with either tube/pipe OR get the back half rails from summit or jegs. Those would make quick work of what you need to do to fix it. BTW cool buy, now fix it so you beat the hell out of it!
    I'd love to be able to do all of that. But I think that this frame is a little past the point where doing that is a good idea. Just riding it on the roll back tonight to get it home did alot of damage to the frame.

I have grease stains on the knees of my dockers Muzikman's Avatar
    Wait, they repoed a $150 vehicle with a rusted frame? What the hell kind of low life owned this thing?

Is it a pickup or an SUV?
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam
    Pittsburgh (Penn Hills), PA

The Xterra
    The Jeep

99'tj 5'' locked cocked and ready to rock...on 35's---sold
    05 rubicon soon to come

[I]You're keyboard must be different from mine... I have [B]F1[/B], [B]F2[/B], etc. I don't see an [B]FU[/B] key...[/I]

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
    Wait, they repoed a $150 vehicle with a rusted frame? What the hell kind of low life owned this thing?

Is it a pickup or an SUV?

1995 Hard Body... with bad frame... They all are now...

I dont know who owned the thing??

I've seen Hard Body PU's that were worse than this one... but it is pretty bad.

www.RalphsOffRoad.com RalphDogg's Avatar
    it's super easy to hot wire the truck or even add a switch, the hard part is to unlock the steering column with out a key. if you want to get rid of the truck send me a pm. i could also use a junker to drive around.

Quote Originally Posted by RalphDogg View Post
    it's super easy to hot wire the truck or even add a switch, the hard part is to unlock the steering column with out a key. if you want to get rid of the truck send me a pm. i could also use a junker to drive around.

When the Repo'ed it, the busted it out, and I took care of getting the lock completly out of the way to day.

I'll take $1000 for it, including a very very good meyer snow plow setup to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurelHighTim View Post
    When the Repo'ed it, the busted it out, and I took care of getting the lock completly out of the way to day.

I'll take $1000 for it, including a very very good meyer snow plow setup to go with it.
    Lookin' for a quick profit, eh?
    03 s10 4x4
    89 irocz mullet mobile
    90 miata v8 project

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibson View Post
    Lookin' for a quick profit, eh?
    If it's worth $1,000 and someone is willing to pay $1,000, it doesn't matter if he got it for $1... it's his to sell.

Welcome to capitalism, if it wasn't for bailouts, this is how everything would work

Today I just got $250 for a laptop I paid $50 bucks for, capitalism rules. Maybe businesses too big to fail should try it sometime!

i only agree with selling something more than you paid that for it if its worth it. a lot of assholes buy stuff cheap and sell it super expensive to some dipfuc that doesnt know any better

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Uh, then the dipfuc shouldn't overpay, or he'd be, right, a dipfuc!

i agree that people should do better research....but i still feel bad when that shit happens to people....back on topic

Quote Originally Posted by limegreentj View Post
    i agree that people should do better research....but i still feel bad when that shit happens to people....back on topic
    Right, What do I need to do to get this truck started??

i would look into replacing the cylinder, but you'd have to find the wiring too, maybe buy/borrow a haynes manual from someone

Thread Information