Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Possible new hotness
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible new hotness

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!

Possible new hotness

Might have just cut a deal for this bike, brand new, 2,000 (2008 model, demo, only ridden 2 times around shop)

Last edited by 2002wranglerX; 05-28-2009 at 07:01 PM.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

just do it
    1980 CJ-7 304 TH400 BW1339
    1999 TJ Sport 4.0 32RH NP231
    2001 XJ Sport 4.0 AW4 NP231

Quote Originally Posted by jeepxj3 View Post
    just do it
    dude is calling me back tomorrow. I want to put it on my trek card. He thinks it should work. He's in MD (it's a shop).

MSRP on that was like 4600

From what I hear, its a decent bike, like a cross between:

And

Quote Originally Posted by 2002wranglerX View Post
    dude is calling me back tomorrow. I want to put it on my trek card. He thinks it should work. He's in MD (it's a shop).

MSRP on that was like 4600
    4600 for a pedal bike!!!!!!!!! Are you nucking futs?
    I could buy a shit load of parts for the jeep for $4600.
    Damn you could even get a decent motorcycle for that kind of money, and guess what, no pedaling.
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar
    i know what your sayin man....i bought a cheap haro mtb for 50 bucks used....i could find a damn nice dirtbike for 1500 bucks too...hell i spent 4 gs on my ****ing jeep
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    $4600.00............Where's the f***in' motor????

Less posting, more wheeling!
    My mountain bike was my obsession prior to my jeep but i don't think i have that kinda money into it. Thats a sweet bike though!
    2007 Quad cab frontier LE
    1998 wrangler with pink wheel centers (hers)
    2004 trx450r stress reliever.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    If you guys think $4600 is a lot, don't look at top end road bikes......

but 4600 is a lot....regardless if road bikes cost more....thats insane!!!!
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

I would rather shoot myself in the foot than pay $4600 for any pedal bike. But if that's your thing go for it, I guess.
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

Quote Originally Posted by tjblair View Post
    I would rather shoot myself in the foot than pay $4600 for any pedal bike. But if that's your thing go for it, I guess.
    Should we take up a collection?

You guys fail to realize... Hes getting it for 2k, not 4600, thats how much it MSRP'd for...

Hey what ever floats your boat. 2 grand is better than 4600 but it's still a shit load of money to pay for a bicycle IMO.

no i knew he was getting it for 2 g's...i was just saying that 46 is a helluva lotta money....well 2 g's is a lot of money to me right now but if you can afford it then its obviously a good deal....make like a groundhog and gopher it

Quote Originally Posted by tjblair View Post
    Hey what ever floats your boat. 2 grand is better than 4600 but it's still a shit load of money to pay for a bicycle IMO.
    Again, you fail to realize this bike is designed specifically just like your Jeep is... I'm sure people look at your Jeep and figure why waste that kind of money on a Jeep building it? In stock form it essentially does the same as your built one... But when designed/built correctly it can be a completely different animal.

Same holds true with bikes. You can go buy a piece of junk from Walmart and destroy it in one summer, or you can buy a decent bike like what Ryan is showing, and it can do a hell of alot more on the trail because its lighter, can take hits alot smoother, ride nicer, shift nicer, etc.
    Last edited by Grammar Nazi; 05-30-2009 at 07:55 PM.

i agree 100%

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    That is a nice bike, I rode the s-works version a couple years ago. That this is light enough you can 24hr race it if you want. Just crank the for down and it can fly up the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by trailerrails View Post
    That is a nice bike, I rode the s-works version a couple years ago. That this is light enough you can 24hr race it if you want. Just crank the for down and it can fly up the hills.

ya man, i really liked it. it showed 29.9lbs on their scale. sub 30 lb 6" bike... I'm hoping it all works out.

As far as for $ on the bike... I have around 3g's into my paragon right now. I should have just bought this bike from the start.

And i know it buys a lot of jeep parts... but i have a TJ on 1 tons and 42's... so that's kind of done and I don't really need any jeep parts at the moment lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dan58 View Post
    If you guys think $4600 is a lot, don't look at top end road bikes......
    I paid like 600 for my leftover Trek 1000sl lol. while i was there i was peeping the 6-7000 dollar all carbon 15 lb bikes... pure sickness.

I could never justify it though. I think i ride my roadie like once a week at best. and never in the rain (too scary).

Quote Originally Posted by jeepxj3 View Post
    From what I hear, its a decent bike, like a cross between:

And
    yup but i can still take it to seven springs... kind of what i was looking for. I'm not ballsy enough to go full on downhill bike

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    yea, 29ers are hot right now but a light 6" travel bike is way more fun. I have never been much of a 29er guy. I like the speed and maneuverability of the smaller wheels. I used to run a 24" rear wheel on a few of my bikes for a while. Stronger wheel and faster acceleration. The enduro is still my favorite do it all bike.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002wranglerX View Post
    yup but i can still take it to seven springs... kind of what i was looking for. I'm not ballsy enough to go full on downhill bike
    A full on downhill bike will just make everything easier, so basicly, it takes more balls to ride that stuff on a shorter travel bike.

Quote Originally Posted by trailerrails View Post
    A full on downhill bike will just make everything easier, so basicly, it takes more balls to ride that stuff on a shorter travel bike.
    i understand, but i'll do seven springs maybe once a year. I've ridden some aggressive geometry downhill type bikes on the normal trails and it didn't make sense for me to buy one when it'll spend the majority of its time In north park.

If i go to seven springs it'll just be go go mess around on the beginner/intermediate stuff. I'm not big into jumping. fat guys aren't real graceful lol

Awesome bike! When it comes to being nuts for spending that kind of money, it's all about what you like. My brother has thousands into his hunting gear and hunts a few times a year. I don't knock him for it because he enjoys it. Some people have a lot into fishing or camping gear, or maybe quads or something. I have bikes. You can't hang a quad in your shed or throw a few of them on top of your Jeep to take to the local trail. Plus biking's good for you (unless you crash).

Check on insurance. If it's not covered for theft on your homeowners, then it might cost around $400 a year to insure it (ouch). And that only covers it for theft! Or you can just do what I do and never let it out of your sight. Oh, and if you hang it in your garage, lock it to something. Don't make it easy for some lowlife to make off with it.

Happy riding!

Less posting, more wheeling!
    hey what ever floats your boat.. err bike?

biking must be more of an obsession than a hobby for you eh?

Thread Information