Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Cyclocross anyone?

Thread: Cyclocross anyone?

Mearth

Cyclocross anyone?

Haha, NOICE!!! Tell me you love the egg beaters!
    1980 CJ-7 304 TH400 BW1339
    1999 TJ Sport 4.0 32RH NP231
    2001 XJ Sport 4.0 AW4 NP231

Trail Leader
    I've never cyclocrossed or even attended a race, but they're great all-around bikes. Great for commuting, general off/on road riding and I just like their look.

Oh, and how dare you post without introducing yourself. You're going to be in big trouble.

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    I'm in the process of buying one now.

Trail Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepGeneral View Post
    I'm in the process of buying one now.
    Are you still doing the MS ride? It's pretty soon isn't it?

Mearth
    jeepxj3: of COURSE I do If for no other reason than the sense of smug superiority

Shodan: Whoops! My bad

Trail Leader

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    Are you still doing the MS ride? It's pretty soon isn't it?
    It's this weekend, I had to back out because a good friend is getting married. I was going to ride Sunday, but 80 miles with a hangover wouldn't be much fun.

Mearth
    I've never cyclocrossed or even attended a race, but they're great all-around bikes. Great for commuting, general off/on road riding and I just like their look.

Oh, and how dare you post without introducing yourself. You're going to be in big trouble.

Fixed

Go watch a race - you'll be hooked!

Trail Leader
    Welcome!

I can't afford to get hooked on any more hobbies. Especially ones that require me to buy more bikes.

Mearth
    Welcome!

I can't afford to get hooked on any more hobbies. Especially ones that require me to buy more bikes.
    Better to start off with Jeeps and add bikes, than to start off with bikes and get hooked on Jeeps $$$ !

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar
    looks like fun.....as for right now im just trying to get my wife off of rails to trails type stuff and into more woodsy stuff....we rode a total of 30 miles this past weekend
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    My cross bike is my favorite bike. I do just about anything on it. Never raced it though.

Where did you go? I am looking for something just above the Rails to trails, just to get into the woods. The improved trails are nice but all you do is go up or down a trail with no more than like 5% grade. Nothing really exciting.
    Its never the program, always the programmer.

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    If I hadn't met you, I'd assume you were a 90 nerd wearing huge glasses after saying that, LMAO!

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar
    we went to rails to trails this past weekend, we rode from my friends house in sarver to great belt road and back (18 miles) and saturday evening we rode 12 miles
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    i was kicking around selling my road bike and buying either a portland or raleigh makes a really cool cyclocross bike.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002wranglerX View Post
    i was kicking around selling my road bike and buying either a portland or raleigh makes a really cool cyclocross bike.
    Portlands are cool but if you can find a Poprad in good shape go for that. The steel frame is pretty sweet.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    cool, i'll check em out! I have a 2007 Trek 1000SL i'll try to sell. I've ridden it like 4 times. lol
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Trail Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002wranglerX View Post
    My Trek 1500 was sold so I could buy a Surly CrossCheck 58cm. It was a good swap .

Thread Information