Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cash for Clunkers = Death of the XJ

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    Agreed.
    X3
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

I would like to personally thank the simpletons who voted for Obama for this.
    youre so very welcome
    It's a 4.0L...no matter what you do, it's going to make a funny noise.

And if you can get a forklift moving at 100MPH on electric, I want in on that project, sounds like a good time!
    -overkillzj

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar
    you voted obama? do you still think he was a good choice? honestly?
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! RalphXJ's Avatar
    The guy who lives downstairs at my APT just traded his 2000 XJ in MINT condition in on a brand new Patriot, I would have given him $4000 for his XJ, but it was gone before i knew it. If he wasn't 6'3 and in the army, I would have punched him in the face, what a waste of a perfectly good XJ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by warwagon98xj View Post
    youre so very welcome
    Do you realize how bad this is? The Obama admin just spent over a billion dollars of our money to get people to buy new cars that are marginally more effecient.
    Of course keeping an older car running instead of building a new one is far better for the environment than smelting steel and turning petroleum into plastic and rubber to make a new car.

This was basically a ploy to bolster sales at the hand-picked car dealers that the Obama admin allowed to stay open.

Of course when this plan is over, Tom and others will have more trouble because people will want to wait for the next government incentive to buy a car. And they won't have cheap cars to sell people who can't or won't buy a new car. So maybe that will be the next .gov program, helping them buy cars.

Great post.
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - New motor, long arms, 33's | Jeep FSM's & other stuff -> JeepsLimited.com

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    youre so very welcome
    Seriously, WHY?

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    Seriously, WHY?
    Great question!
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Takes jobs to smelt steel and make plastic though
    [FONT=Arial][COLOR=paleturquoise]If everyone was just like you then what would we need you for?[/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by abrzrkr View Post
    Takes jobs to smelt steel and make plastic though
    Yes, I am sure the Japanese, Canadians, Mexicans and Chinese really appreciate it.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    hell mutha fawkin yeah^^^
    99'tj 5'' locked cocked and ready to rock...on 35's---sold
    05 rubicon soon to come

[I]You're keyboard must be different from mine... I have [B]F1[/B], [B]F2[/B], etc. I don't see an [B]FU[/B] key...[/I]

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.

i was telling my wife yesterday...and no offense to anyone here because this applies to me...but....if you are driving around in an old "clunker" already and the goverment gives you 4000 dollars towards a new car....you probably still arent gonna be able to afford a new car....so eventually you are gonna lose it...just like people that cant afford a house but they still buy them anyway are losing their houses
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    It helps keep reposessors in buissness...

yeah i guess...at least thats one business barack hussein obama helped out

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    gonna try this again ... 1st time the damn page timed out and lost all that i typed ......

this topic really gets my goat! this program along with many others this government hase is nothing but a buntch of shit. like 1 has said already ... they buy your old car and you get this nice new car ... that in short time to find that you cant afford so they take it back ... you loose you job cause layoffs continue then you loos eyouur house. so you apply for government aid and are denied, welfiar laughs at you and the banks will not help either cause you dont have a job or house .... so you kill adeer to feed your family and get arrested for poaching and fined .... not that you can pay it ... so back to jail ya go! this government has forgot how they work for ... us not themselves. they all need impeached and get some new faces and ideas inthere that will work. realistic plans, not these plans that help the rich get richeer and the poor become homeless.
    how much more of the government are we gonna take? they are slowly becoming the very thing we spent the last 1900 yrs to destroy. this government is taking over ... jobs, banks, oil ... what else do they have 100% control of that we dont know about? slowly they are adding to the constatution and making provissions that allow them to take away your rights as a FREE AMERICAN. the very rights that this country wa founded on. come on america ... wake the f*ck up and see whats goin on. history has its way of repeating ... are we (us government) becoming the USSR of the 40s - 80s ? to me it looks like it .... the citizens keep loosing our rights and jobs yet the government stays strong and like i said .. the rich gets richer.
    i can see this country heading towards another 'CIVIL WAR' but this time ... citizens VS government/milatary.

sorry if i hit a nerve with some of you but ... i had to vent after reading this tread. the topic or anything involving the government gets my blood boiling.
    OFFROAD
    1988 cherokee chief 4.0 inline 6
    locked front and rear
    35x12.5 r 15
    8.5'' lift

TOW RIG
    1994 chevy 3500 dually
    5.7l 454
    auto trans
    4x4 manual shift

i agree though...and it pisses me off when some asshole says "your welcome cuz i voted for obama" THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT SHOULD BE GETTING FUCKED....NOT ME! I DIDNT VOTE FOR THE ASSHOLE BUT I HAVE TO PAY FOR HIS DUMBASS BECAUSE AMERICANS ARE LAZY AND FUCKING RETARDED! AND THEY ARE TOO AFRAID TO SAY NO BECAUSE HE IS A BLACK MAN....people dont even know if he is an american citizen for christ sake....and his wife said after he was elected that "she is finally proud of america....**** THEM!

Could someone move this to the political forum?

i didnt mean to turn it into a political thing, but too many people just dont give a **** about this kind of shit, and that is what is going to be the death of this country

Quote Originally Posted by limegreentj View Post
    i didnt mean to turn it into a political thing, but too many people just dont give a **** about this kind of shit, and that is what is going to be the death of this country
    We all turned it into a political thing because it is a political topic.

Tom, we aren't attacking you and your dealership, btw. Just the government programs.

We all turned it into a political thing because it is a political topic.

Tom, we aren't attacking you and your dealership, btw. Just the government programs.
    And the half-wits that voted this putz into office.
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - New motor, long arms, 33's | Jeep FSM's & other stuff -> JeepsLimited.com

Less posting, more wheeling!
    youre so very welcome

I find it funny that you say that because that is the same ignorance that put him in office in the first place. If you had a clue as to what's going on in my country today you'd want to keep comments like that to your self.

Nothing personal. Just get a clue

/\ x2

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    I was just upset all the XJs are getting crushed. I got verification today, the scrap yards have 30 days to sell everything off the clunkers they can excluding the drivetrain. After 30 days they must be crushed.

The program is turning into a nightmare. The site has crashed every day this weekend and we still are unable to submit deals to get reimbursed. There are lots of unhappy customers waiting to get their new car. Part of the package we have to submit is proof that the engine has been killed and the car has been purchased by the scrap yard. What if the person ends up not qualifying or the government runs out of money? He/she now has no new car and a destroyed old car.

You can turn this into a political argument all you want, but the fact is what is done is done. Bitching about it on this website isn't going to get you anywhere. Since its done, I'm working my ass off to take advantage of it.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepGeneral View Post
    You can turn this into a political argument all you want, but the fact is what is done is done. Bitching about it on this website isn't going to get you anywhere. Since its done, I'm working my ass off to take advantage of it.
    Fawk yea, I think the idea is retarded but you would be more retarded as a sales person not to take advantage of every sale you can get from it.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    [quote=JeepGeneral;167111]I was just upset all the XJs are getting crushed. I got verification today, the scrap yards have 30 days to sell everything off the clunkers they can excluding the drivetrain. After 30 days they must be crushed.

quote]
    At least there is a chance they will go to smart yards that will strip them of every valuable nut and bolt they can and stockpile it before they have to ship the shells to get crushed. Definatly sucks for XJ owners, imagine what it does to people with less commen trucks that are goeing to go for this crap. That and scrap prices climbing(verry slowly). I have parts issues now...

Thread Information