Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

New 2007 Jeep Wrangler
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 2007 Jeep Wrangler

Moderator of the DeeDeeDees! Bill's Avatar

New 2007 Jeep Wrangler

Okay... discuss

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! TimMichaels's Avatar
    Overall, I'm happy. They really didn't ruin it, which is entirely what I was epecting. Cosmetically, the front end needs touched up... the grill is too slanted and the integrated fog lights look like crap. Otherwise its still a traditional-looking Jeep. As far as function, my primary concer is about the top. It better have a real soft top damnit I'm not sure about the larger size... I would really like to see it side-by-side with a TJ to really see how much bigger the TK (is it a TK) actually is. It does look like it will still perform just as well though. Yet the article mentions over and over that it is far better than the TJ... why? What's so great? An inch bigger tire is about all I saw. And removable fenders? I want to say this is a cool idea but I can't figure out a purpose yet. Enlighten me so that I know it really is cool.

PS - you neglected your own opinions

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! ArtCloud's Avatar
    notice the tires in that picture are not mt/r's but BFG MTs. maybe enough people complained about the on-road tread wear of the mt/r's....i agree though the front end needs a little clean up before release, fog lights need mounted on the bumper, bumper is way to big, fenders pertrude a little bit too far past the grille i think, other than that...looks pretty good i'd say.

they kept the solid front, bigger tires, same basic design, looks like they have a fully removable/2pc hardtop, would have rather seen them stay same width/length on the 2dr model though too, but im sure it will reduce the on-road roll-over statistics.
    -Art Davis-

-2008 Yamaha WR250X-
    -2011 WV Jetta SEL-

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    removeable fenders = cool

32" tires = cool

bumper=UGLY

WTF IS ESP MODE?

Less posting, more wheeling! gonecheenin's Avatar
    ESP
    Electronic skip protection? (ABS?)

Anyway keeping the solid front axle plus going with the bigger tires & removable fenders (thats an AWESOME idea) at least shows that Chrysler still realizes some people ACTUALLY use these vehicles off road

That warms my heart I tell ya

Funny thing,
    them people that complain about yuppies driving street queen rubicons & ETC without ever engaging Low range forget one very sweet thing, these factory modified vehicles exist because of sales numbers & if idiots want to spend all that money to cruise around looking cool without ever using it for what it was built for is fine by me because that still helps the manufacture justify building them.
    So all those idiot yuppies are doing is supporting my hobby while they turn up their nose at my lifted, dented street & trail Mo-Chine

I got dibs on the tranny! avenged7foldhc's Avatar
    like everyone else says, the front bumper isnt that attractive, but who keeps the stock front bumper anyway?

3.2 inches in track will help it handle a little better make tires that stick out stick out a little farther but now you can replace your flares easier.

more skidplates are a bonus (only if your cool and drive a rubicon tho)

no idea what the esp is either, maybe some sort of pushbutton transfercase ? if so thats not so cool...

i wonder if thats an actual picture or a computer generated pic with an article made up totally of hearsay? i bet some things will probably be different by the time the 07 models are hitting the showroom floor

'85 Yota 4-runner.

07 Honda Shadow VT600CD Miles: 3600
    mpg at last check: 55

04 Rubi (gone.. ill miss it)

did they get rid of the shovel?

Quote Originally Posted by dp
    Hard to tell from that angle, I like that caption on the first picture, "So last year!, Old model now total crap!" LMFAO!
    -Art Davis-

-2008 Yamaha WR250X-
    -2011 WV Jetta SEL-

Quote Originally Posted by dp
    YES! Thank God!

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    That's actually pretty pimp.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! TimMichaels's Avatar
    I dig it, but I'm still hoping they clean up the front end a bit before the final production model.

Also, what's up with the wheels? Smallest size is 16"... available up to an 18"? I'm not sure I like that idea... it's sort of encouraging people to pimp them out with even bigger wheels with spinners and all that crap.

Bigger wheels is good and bad.

Of course the bad would be the tires are more expensive and your wheels are exposed to more damage.

But the good, is that by increasing the wheel diameter you decrease the amount of sidewall on larger tires, which for one makes the vehicle alot more stable in more than a few ways. Also, larger wheels will alow the ability to fit larger tires onto stock alloy wheels, I know a 31x1050 or MAYBE a 32x1150 inch tire is about the bigest size I'd feel safe mounting on a stock 15x7 wheel. Lastly, believe it or not by using a larger alloy wheel and reducing rubber you're actually dropping unsprung weight (probably not that much), but by doing so increases braking performace.

A vehichle like the Wrangler which has a high reputation for rollovers and is relatively heavy for it's size, may see decreased rollover and accident statistics by increasing it's stability and braking performance.
    -Art Davis-

-2008 Yamaha WR250X-
    -2011 WV Jetta SEL-

Oh, I am liking the 1/2 doors...

I'm really diggin' the new interior. Not so much the style but it looks ALOT bigger just from the pictures. One thing that sucks about TJ's is even when you have your cruise control on just heading down the highway, theres not enough room to just stretch out and relax a little more.
    -Art Davis-

-2008 Yamaha WR250X-
    -2011 WV Jetta SEL-

Here is the video of the actual introduction of the 2007 Wrangler and Compass.
    http://www.jeepnewsnow.com/modules/news/
    There is a link from the story of the intro to the video.

What pisses me off was I was supposed to go to the Detriot Auto Show last weekend... had the tickets and everything. But no... I for some dumb reason didn't... I coulda seen that thing up close and personal... :smt076 :smt076
    [URL="http://www.jeepchat.org"][/URL]

Web Wheeler!
    ESP = Electronic Stability Program, It senses impending rollovers, and will apply braking to correct. This is kinda poopish for off-road, hence the three available settings built in.
    [U]'99 TJ, 2.5L, 5sp, 2.5"bb, 31s
    [/U]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! Happycamper's Avatar
    It's gonna take some time to grow on me.

The "removable" front fenders are hanus.
    Front bumper is awful.
    And that "skid" below the front bumper (is that plastic?) doesn't look very functionable.
    I've heard the oil pan hangs down as far as the LCA mounts.
    No more I6

I do like the beefier control arms, not stamped steel.
    They ditched the paddle handles that rust away in 2 weeks.
    Like the BFG's

I'm with my man Jeff on this, I hope this thing starts growing on me. I haven't seen much on it but pics and one vid, so maybe when I see it in person it'll be different.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! RalphXJ's Avatar
    I kinda liked the pictures, and liked it even more when I saw it in detroit!!

Why not just remove the flares!!!

See now THAT looks good.

Get your self a a 07 Wrangler, and pull the flares, and bust out the cut off wheel! Move to Ohio and your all set!!

(Yes its a bad photochop, it took all of 5minutes)

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! Happycamper's Avatar
    Much better!!! Now if we could see what it looks like underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Happycamper
    Much better!!! Now if we could see what it looks like underneath!
    Do i have to tell the story again? I got freakin yelled at for crawling under it with a camera!! i told you that already!!!

All I can say is HP D44(yes you read that correctly) and real upper control arms, no more stamped steal! The stamped ones are still on the bottom. I didn't notice, but I've heard the oil pan hangs down too low.

One hindge for the windshield, right in the middle, also the brackets that used to be cut in half as hindges on the curent TJs, is now one solid piece and needs to be completely removed to fold down the window!

Didn't notice much else, its hard to see whats under this things when they are stock!!

The only 2 they had in Detroit were Rubicons, so I dont know what is up with the other models, probably about the same!!

Thread Information