Thread: Buying an XD 9, but where?

Trail Leader

Buying an XD 9, but where?

So im buying an XD 9 within 2 weeks, 4" barrel, bi-tone, went to my local shop today and had one priced at $600, sounds a little steep to me? that was at Big Bucks sport shop in Wexford. Ive been advised not to go there, but wanted to see their inventory. So my question is where is a good firearms distributor that has decent prices. it seems like half the members here have an XD or XD-M, so where and how much did you get them for? too bad sportsmans wharehouse isnt still here, i live .4 miles from it.

thanks in advance

Less posting, more wheeling!
    I think there is (I'm pretty sure there used to be) a gun shop right below North Allegheny Intermediate...like across from Magoos. In a little brown building IIRC.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    I don't know about the XD, but I had LOTS of trouble finding the XD-M... in a 9 or .40

Trail Leader
    yea the shop by the intermediate was called High tech handguns, and is now a dentist office.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Well its pretty out of the way for you, but its called Johnson's Gun Depot in Norvelt. Everything is priced really fair, and they have a hell of an inventory, both new and used. If your ever down this way stop over there, its right by the Westmoreland County Fairgrounds. Give them a call and see what they can do for you. My buddy just bought an xd-45 mid size frame last night from them. Not sure what he paid. I think he got the entire box kit thing they sell them as. Gun Depot phone number is (724)-423-1100 give em a holler see what they say, and if you can get what your lookin for give me a txt and ill give you detailed directions.

BTW, Rob if you do that run on the 15th theyre talkin about to creek falls, we can swing past there probably on the way back depending on what time it is. It is in between Greensburg, and Mt. Pleasant.

I do most of my gun shopping at Ace on 19 in Washington.

I have an XD40SC that I got used and you don't want to know what I paid for it.
    A bad day of wheelin' is still better than a good day at work

You have a jeep, that's so cute so does barbie.

'89 Toyota P/U 3.0 5 speed
    custom bumpers, sliders
    33x13.50 Super Swamper LTB

'03 Dodge Dakota 32" BFG AT DD

PghOffRoad Regular
    You could order online and have it shipped to a gun store of your choice

This place has real good prices

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i...hp/cPath/21_24

Sometimes when I am drunk I text people... Harley25's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner97 View Post
    Well its pretty out of the way for you, but its called Johnson's Gun Depot in Norvelt. Everything is priced really fair, and they have a hell of an inventory, both new and used. If your ever down this way stop over there, its right by the Westmoreland County Fairgrounds. Give them a call and see what they can do for you. My buddy just bought an xd-45 mid size frame last night from them. Not sure what he paid. I think he got the entire box kit thing they sell them as. Gun Depot phone number is (724)-423-1100 give em a holler see what they say, and if you can get what your lookin for give me a txt and ill give you detailed directions.
    x2

I bought my EBR there and they are very good to deal with.
    - 2008 Tundra 5.7L SR5 4x4
    - 2007 Jeep Rubicon
    - 2003 Honda Civic EX
    - 2009 Harley NRS
    - 2010 Polaris Ranger 800LE

Johnsons but if your looking for the best deal goto Elmos in brownsville and order it. You will get the lowest price around. Seriously

big bucks is ALWAYS 100 more than anywhere else.

I don't even buy targets from them anymoer.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Try john browns down in rochester. I think he has a few bi-tone XDs laying around or you could get a luger.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! jackb1's Avatar
    I was just at a place east of Butler on 356 a few hours ago. I always forget the name but I think it is sportsman supply. I can get it for you if you want, but they had 1 or 2 XD bi-tones, I think in 9mm, a few blacks and half a dozen XDMs. I didn't pay close attention to the prices but they stuck out enough that I did notice they seemed very reasonable.

If you want a .40XD in black I'm considering selling mine. Shoots great, a bit of holster wear. Thinking about getting an M.

They also had 6-10 EBRs in stock, colt and 1 or 2 others. I think I'm going to get one soon but I will need to get someone who knows something about them teach me first.
    It's not illegal, it's frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by jackb1 View Post
    I was just at a place east of Butler on 356 a few hours ago. I always forget the name but I think it is sportsman supply. I can get it for you if you want, but they had 1 or 2 XD bi-tones, I think in 9mm, a few blacks and half a dozen XDMs. I didn't pay close attention to the prices but they stuck out enough that I did notice they seemed very reasonable.

If you want a .40XD in black I'm considering selling mine. Shoots great, a bit of holster wear. Thinking about getting an M.

They also had 6-10 EBRs in stock, colt and 1 or 2 others. I think I'm going to get one soon but I will need to get someone who knows something about them teach me first.

here ya go.

http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=81462
    A bad day of wheelin' is still better than a good day at work

You have a jeep, that's so cute so does barbie.

'89 Toyota P/U 3.0 5 speed
    custom bumpers, sliders
    33x13.50 Super Swamper LTB

'03 Dodge Dakota 32" BFG AT DD

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

Less posting, more wheeling! notmYJ's Avatar
    Welcome back to July.....
    92, 4.0, AW4, SOA, 8.8, D30, 37's, etc etc
    92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)

"Send lawyers, guns, and money. The shit has hit the fan" - Warren Zevon

Everytime someone installs a Super35 kit, an angel looses its wings. Do you want that on your shoulders every time you get in the jeep? Why, I think not...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    like i said it might be too late. i didn't see that he bought one. its a useful link anyway.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyB View Post
    I do most of my gun shopping at Ace on 19 in Washington.

I have an XD40SC that I got used and you don't want to know what I paid for it.
    this is a good place ... but you have to watch for deals. i got a new RUGER SR9 for around $375 .... and a RUGER LCP .380 for around $200 ... they had RUGER reps there for ruger days .... 70% off all rugar guns. they have a web site .... they post normal prices and when there gonna have sales. search ACE FIREARMS
    OFFROAD
    1988 cherokee chief 4.0 inline 6
    locked front and rear
    35x12.5 r 15
    8.5'' lift

TOW RIG
    1994 chevy 3500 dually
    5.7l 454
    auto trans
    4x4 manual shift

Trail Leader
    LOL sorry guys i never posted up, but i went with the XD 9mm black on black 4" barrel. I love it, its def a good buy, I got it back in the end of august at gander mtn for 550 with the case and extras with it.

Thread Information