Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

4D Chevy buisness coupe

Thread: 4D Chevy buisness coupe

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! 13below0's Avatar

4D Chevy buisness coupe

Heres a few pics of my friends car we just finished the cage on. Its 4D chev. buisness coupe. We are just taking care of the cage and a few odds and ends when the sheet metal is on. Should be a cool little ride. Hes going to do some nostalgia drags with it also, thats why it got the cage. As always all tig welded. 1.75x0.95 cro-mo tubing. I should have a few more pics tomorrow I forgot my camera today.

crazy ****ing seat bracket

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL WELDER...

Less posting, more wheeling!
    that shit is sweet! did you do anything for heat treatment with the cromoly?
    Last edited by justin'sbig7; 09-21-2009 at 10:59 PM.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar
    nice!
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

Trail Leader
    Nice,I always thought that old straight axle gasser look was awesome.

Justin, there was nothing done for heat treating. I have searched high and low and got 3000000 different answers on it. I even stoped at where I attending school and talked to 1 of the instructors. Pretty much what I have gathered is that the people that usually ring in and tell you that you HAVE to do it usually dont even weld. Most of the Large teams NHRA for examlpe do not do any heat treating on there chassis. From the limited bit of research I have done, i have found that none of the top builders do it. My jeep has been floped over, pulled from the cage etc. and I have had no problems.

gotcha. that is about what i have come up with as well. just hoping you maybe knew for sure. from what i gather, tig welding or oxy welding seems to be the top choice.

so is it gonna be fender-less? fender well headers would be sweet.
    03 s10 4x4
    89 irocz mullet mobile
    90 miata v8 project

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Is the guy wearing the hat in the second pic Stan?
    ···╔════════╗
    ·█╢░░░░░░░░╟█
    ·._├────────┤_.
    ╘╕Θ║║║║║║║Θ╒╛
    ═══╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═══
    Hyper..... or, just call me Tim
    '13 Jeep JK Wrangler (his)
    '16 Jeep KL Cherokee Trailhawk (her's)

Jeep Ambassador to the FJORC

„ɹǝʇʇods ʎɯ ǝɯɐןq ˙˙˙˙sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı„

Very cool & I love the old school shop.
    Saved by Grace

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation. – James Madison

Yes it will have fenders, and yes it will have fenderwell headers, there gonna look bad ass!
    Hyperbuzzin, I have no idea who Stan is, so no sir its is not. Were out of the Erie Area.
    Chris, this shop supposedly was a old Packard (sp) dealership in the 1940s. Its got all kinds of charter. HAHA! We got a few builds going on that Im going to start trying to get posted, to get feedback and ideas from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by 13below0 View Post
    Yes it will have fenders, and yes it will have fenderwell headers, there gonna look bad ass!
    Hyperbuzzin, I have no idea who Stan is, so no sir its is not. Were out of the Erie Area.
    Chris, this shop supposedly was a old Packard (sp) dealership in the 1940s. Its got all kinds of charter. HAHA! We got a few builds going on that Im going to start trying to get posted, to get feedback and ideas from everyone.
    I love that shop don't paint it. Bricks and multi pane glass are cool
    I 'd ike to see the projects.
    Had the opportunity to do the chassis & cage on a 34 dodge fuel altered done with sixties drag parts, olds rear, clutchflite trans, blown hemi running fuel & zoomies its too scary for me
    It had to fit tight as it was channeled 4" chopped 2" Its recently passed nhra cert.

Keep it coming
    Saved by Grace

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation. – James Madison

This is probably only going to be a 10 sec. car if that. In 1 of the pics you can see a bad ass beadlock wheel, thats on a new mustang. That cars is going to be cert. for 7.50's needless to say its like a jungle gym, and a huge pain in the ass to even get to some of the tubes.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    What kinda powerplant you guys plannin on running? Old school exotic chevy motor or you guys running something different? Rear? Trans? This shit is really cool and i love them old altered type gasser cars. I'm a huge mopar fan, but i love all the old school vehicles.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    that is bad ass man,,, i love old cars... my old man was a greaser I guess he rubbed off on me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It really is sad that stupidity isn't as painful for the stupid as it is for those forced to witness it!"

Its just getting a small block. He has 2 either a 383 or the motor that is in the his chevelle and thats a mid to upper 400 ci small block but its a race gas motor. From the sounds of it its gonna be the 383 something he can run pump gas in. Its got a 9" rear, and 400 tranny, altough Im trying to convince him that it needs a powerglide. HAHA! this car will probably see its fair share of street time. This guys drives everything he owns, that kind of makes it even cooler to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Very cool & I love the old school shop.
    i would love to have a shop done up like a 40's/50's rodshop.

i could see finding this pic in black and white... this is such a cool pic, straight vintage

sweet project man!
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Sweet powertrain package, id go with a powerglide too lol. 383 should be a beast, i love that engine displacement in a small block. As soon as my buddy graduates from Pitt he is building an S10 mud truck, we plan on building a 383 stroker to put in it. Sweet project

The other motor would be quite a bit more power but I dont think its gonna take much to get this thing to move. I would be shocked if that car is much over 2600lbs. I cant wait to see it done. Im trying to talk him into just putting some clear on the cage and leave it alone. The car is gonna stay in primer for some time. He said mayve a few years from now he will paint it. haha

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    With the right car(which to me this fits well) the gassr look is evil. Now a hardtop 57 Bel Air, no( but a 210 or 150 post car maby...). Just if I have any opinion, do NOT finish with the 'rat rod' primered look. It just looks too unfinished and 'I was in a hurry so I can sell it and hide bad body work'. And that 'Stang looks a little out of place between those walls, takes from the back in the day vibe...

That mustang has grown roots. It might have been around before that chevy was made, haha

Here are a few more before it got loaded on the trailer

And being that this is a offroad site here is the off road heep

very nice
    2007 Quad cab frontier LE
    1998 wrangler with pink wheel centers (hers)
    2004 trx450r stress reliever.

Trail Leader
    Nothing like tire tracks on the side of the wall as a conversation piece. HMMM wander if the wife would let me do that to the house? Nice jeep by the way and I vote on keepin' the Gasser in primer.

Thread Information