Thread: Hawkins Hollow Trail conditions?

Hawkins Hollow Trail conditions?

Anybody got any recent trail reports from Hawkins Hollow? I've been kicking the idea around with my buddies to fix the dangerous side tilt section, but I've recently learned there is no longer access from MT Tabor RD. (or is it Sandy Flat Rd? I can never remember, I usually just go by memory rather than road names) Anybody know anything about Indian Creek Camplands?

Less posting, more wheeling! notmYJ's Avatar
    As far as I know its closed. Last word I had on it was the road has been gated and closed to the public, and anyone on it is tresspassing. And if memory serves me, the jagoff from the campgrounds is a key player in getting it closed. I wouldnt give him a dime.

Have read here and get updated on what has happened....
    http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/sho...hawkins+hollow
    Last edited by notmYJ; 09-23-2009 at 03:22 AM.
    92, 4.0, AW4, SOA, 8.8, D30, 37's, etc etc
    92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)

"Send lawyers, guns, and money. The shit has hit the fan" - Warren Zevon

Everytime someone installs a Super35 kit, an angel looses its wings. Do you want that on your shoulders every time you get in the jeep? Why, I think not...

Wow, I had no idea all of that was going on. That camplands dude is a total d-bag! Well, I'm taking a group of my Rover customers out there the weekend of Oct. 24-25 and am still planning on running the shelf road down to the river unless it got gated as well in the last year. Anybody wanting to meet up with us feel free, I'm camping at Ohio Pyle, Kentuck campground Friday night. I'll post up more details as they get ironed out.

I have grease stains on the knees of my dockers Muzikman's Avatar
    Remember, once you get down, you will need to get back up. The top is most likely gated and from what I was told recently the Church camp has been gated as well. Once in, there might be no way out except for back up.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam
    Pittsburgh (Penn Hills), PA

The Xterra
    The Jeep

Yes I know we will end up running the shelf road back up. I actually prefer running it going up which is why I'm totally bummed about the Mt. Tabor road access being closed down, this trail can't be done as a loop anymore.

Thread Information