Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

*competition Buggy Stolen, Keep An Eye Out*

Thread: *competition Buggy Stolen, Keep An Eye Out*

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar

*competition Buggy Stolen, Keep An Eye Out*

Hal Frost has been an active member in the overbuilt Grand community for as long as it's been around. So much so, that he built his competition buggy to look like a WJ, and spent a fortune doing it. I've wheeled with this rig, it's probably my favorite buggy in the world, and Hal's just a cool guy. His rig is one of the 3 buggies on the MallCralwin.com calendars.

If you see anything pertaining to this rig, whether it's parts that were on it for sale, perhaps sold by someone who doesn't know the history of the parts, let me know and I'll pass it on to Hal, or contact the company that built the buggy for Hal:

Twisted Customs LLC
    605-923-7288

twistedcustoms.biz

The following is copied from Pirate4x4.com from this thread: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453413

Quote Originally Posted by Brian E
    Anybody in Vegas watch out for this truck. It is Hal Frost's 2004 Twisted Customs WJ. It was parked in a storage lot on a small double axle car trailer Sunday night, and this morning both were gone.
    The buggy has a Currie Rockjock 60 in the front, Fabricated 9" hsg. in the back with a Hi9, LS1, Grand Cherokee body, Walker wheels, CTM axles painted baby blue, and almost bald 39" Krawlers. The trailer is a low double axle, all black, bumper tow. It says Twisted Customs, and Custom Welding on the side.

Wow. That sucks.

Trailer and all. I wonder if he had the trailer locked in any way.
    -Brandon

99 TJ

"Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know."

Moderator of the DeeDeeDees! Bill's Avatar
    I had read that on another site. That thing is going to turn up somewhere. It is too rare not to show up on the radar somehow.
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Call of Duty Special Ops Edition (De-badged)

"The two most common elements in the universe are nitrogen and stupidity."

Not just that, it's so absurdly custom that even parting it out should be next to impossible considering the customization in parts.

I'll find and post pics of the axles later, craziest crap I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ
    Not just that, it's so absurdly custom that even parting it out should be next to impossible considering the customization in parts.

I'll find and post pics of the axles later, craziest crap I've seen.
    lets see those pics
    00 Cherokee Sport

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

more info:
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian E
    I just talked to Hal. They got to see a crappy video and it was a white Excursion from Hederson NV. that drove off with it. It was 11:34am on Monday. The guy threw a grey tarp over the buggy when they drove off. The video was too bad to see any plates.
    Brian

Hal just posted up info / links on details of the custom axles:

Quote Originally Posted by ROKN ZJ
    Here're a couple different pics:
    Front axle:

Rear Axle:

Side view with new roof-line:

Notice how the steering rams are mounted to the tube which bends from one side of the axle to the other. On the front axle this bracket is removable, but on the rear axle it is hard mounted.
    The rear axle is a 9-inch housing from Spidertrax:
    http://www.spidertrax.com/core/media...4f9fa6ca6f5fda
    And the front axle and all the knuckles (F&R) are from Currie:
    http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...jrockjock.aspx
    I couldn't find a good picture of the knuckles on their website, but they are very different looking.
    Also here is a Stolen poster I made up and put at a couple 4-wheel shops in Vegas. If y'all want to print out a handful and hand them out to other shops around town, or if you're in the Barstow/LA area, or even St. George/Cedar City feel free. I'd really appreciate getting the word around as MUCH as possible.
    Unfortunatly I don't have any good pics of the trailer. The stickers on the side that say "Twisted Customs" and "Custom Welding" are black with mirrored silver outlines in big bubbly letter (I believe, Brian H can correct me if I'm wrong) Also it's wider than normal, and has a small diamond plate box on the front between the tracks you drive up on. And it uses a 2 5/16" ball. It also has three small circular lights on the back along with the brake lights. The furthest right circle light doesn't work. And finally it has a South Dakota License plate.
    Thanks for all the help so far guys, I REALLY want to find my buggy and the trailer. In any condition, I just want to find them...
    Hal

By the way, when Hal says "LARGE REWARD" - he means it. He's not exactly short on cash.

Thread Information