Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My plans for the YJ (I want your opinion) - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My plans for the YJ (I want your opinion)

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibson View Post
    ohh bull shit, yota frames are 10 times more likely to rot out, even the factory knows it. remember the yota frame recall 2 summers ago?
    yeah, I have a tacoma which is what was affected.

but, if my frame fails anytime between now and 2018, toyota will either buy back my truck at 150% of KBB excellent retail value, or give me a new frame, LCAs (IFS ftl) and rear suspension, as well as other shit (i think exhaust is in there too).

Right now they're doing frame replacements (01-04 only), but I'm guessing in the future they'll switch to buying them back like they did the 95.5-00's.

Pickups didn't have frame rot problems like Tacomas did.

Less posting, more wheeling! gonecheenin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepGeneral View Post
    I run a 4cyl and will probably never run anything else. Wheeling is more about traction and gearing than HP.
    Sometimes. But I like hill climbs too, at which point that thought process has a few horsepower-less flaws

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! mxg342's Avatar
    My 4cyl-Auto with 31" tires was terrible. I understand the 5 speed is a little better but I'll never own another 4cyl Jeep again (if I do, it won't be a 4cyl gas motor)
    84 CJ7 with some stuff....

2005 Dodge - Tow Pig 462/865

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by aman-fred View Post
    P.s. tone down the jeep wave. A simple wave does just fine lol.
    He shouldn't be waving at you in that station waggon anyway. Lol Thats a wrangler thing buddy.
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

Trail Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by pittim View Post
    yeah, I have a tacoma which is what was affected.
    Mine was rotted. Toyota replaced the frame, rear leafs, UCA's, and while they were at it I had them do the timing belt and clutch for just the cost of the parts. They gave me an '08 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab to drive for 2 months while they did it. Let's see Chrysler do that!Gibson, by the way my stock Tacoma kept up just fine this past Sunday. Get your Heep safe and just wheel what ya got. Learn to walk before you run.
    -1988 Suzuki Samurai--4 Skwirls--SOA--High Steer--The New Woods Beater!!!
    -2003 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD--3.4L--5 speed--285's--rear e-locker
    -2005 Nissan Xterra Off Road--4.0L--6 speed--Shrockworks Bumper--Wife's Ride

I'm jealous that my subtible is lame.
    what i might do is clean it up some, put the 33s on it and see if i can trade it for an XJ and some cash. i think if i did that, that might put me ahead of the game.

SWEET CHRIST MAN!

as the lady from The 40 Year Old Virgin said so eloquently:

Are you F#Ck!ng retarded?!?!?

How in any way does swapping out to another vehicle put you ahead of the game (unless it's not rotted out and already lifted with decent tires on it ready for the trail)? STOP RUSHING and making up BS lies to yourself, GTF off the PC and take it to someone who can give you a straight up full damage report and a dollar figure for them to fix the frame problems. I'm not saying XJ's aren't capable (because I've wheeled with several XJ's and they went everywhere every other rig on the trail did), but I'm only guessing it's cheaper & easier to find parts for a YJ than an XJ, just an opinion, I didn't do any research. BTW, how the EFF do you expect to trade a vehicle with a semi-rotted out frame for a better vehicle (and cash)? Seriously, I defend you how many times, I go out of my way take you wheeling, yet you continue to dig a deeper whole to bury yourself into? Fricken crap man, I can only take so much, you're attitude is really jackin me off!

every time you reply to a thread, you're wasting time when you could be getting the real scoop on your frame.

OK, NOW I'm officially done reading this thread.

^ l. O. L.
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

what i might do is clean it up some, put the 33s on it and see if i can trade it for an XJ and some cash. i think if i did that, that might put me ahead of the game.
    trading one problem for another.

just fix the frame and wheel/drive it. with the $ your dad spend on it you are already buried in it. patch it up and it'll be fine.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Yeah gibs get it to a frame shop or someone that knows that they are doing to it. Wont be your last jeep beat it learn have fun.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

Ill give ya 500 bucks for it!
    1980 CJ-7 304 TH400 BW1339
    1999 TJ Sport 4.0 32RH NP231
    2001 XJ Sport 4.0 AW4 NP231

stop the fu*kin ADD train already. shoot me your addy and i will try to swing by after work some night and give you an educated opinion. it may be simple, everything here is speculation. you have had a few people look at it that dont know jeeps, let alone the frame problem they have. let me look at it before you open your friggin mouth about upgrading or trading it....

every time i start to think its worth giving you advice you pull this teenage crap and start pissing me off again. when you sent me the pics of this a month ago i gave you advice, you didnt listen. when you asked for advice after you bought it lots of knowledgeable people chimed in, you dont seem to be listening again.... you still dont listen and decide to do the total opposite of what everyone here suggests. LISTEN to the advice here you will be better off for it.

i am starting to thing we should all just say that you dont need to worry bout the frame holes, they just drain the bad stuff out. dont fix that frame, i dont see anything that needs fixed at all.... maybe then youll do the opposite of what we say and DO IT RIGHT.

ohh bull shit, yota frames are 10 times more likely to rot out, even the factory knows it. remember the yota frame recall 2 summers ago?
    yeah, cuz we all know jeep frames never rotted...... you have the only one
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by justin'sbig7 View Post
    stop the fu*kin ADD train already. shoot me your addy and i will try to swing by after work some night and give you an educated opinion. it may be simple, everything here is speculation. you have had a few people look at it that dont know jeeps, let alone the frame problem they have. let me look at it before you open your friggin mouth about upgrading or trading it....

every time i start to think its worth giving you advice you pull this teenage crap and start pissing me off again. when you sent me the pics of this a month ago i gave you advice, you didnt listen. when you asked for advice after you bought it lots of knowledgeable people chimed in, you dont seem to be listening again.... you still dont listen and decide to do the total opposite of what everyone here suggests. LISTEN to the advice here you will be better off for it.

i am starting to thing we should all just say that you dont need to worry bout the frame holes, they just drain the bad stuff out. dont fix that frame, i dont see anything that needs fixed at all.... maybe then youll do the opposite of what we say and DO IT RIGHT.

yeah, cuz we all know jeep frames never rotted...... you have the only one

very well said ..
    vendors that did me right during my build .check them out

[URL]http://rockstomper.com/[/URL]
    [URL]http://www.ballisticfabrication.com[/URL]
    [URL]http://www.foothillmotorsports.com[/URL] best deal on super swampers
    [URL]http://www.kore4x4customs.com/[/URL]
    [URL]http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/[/URL]
    [URL]http://polyperformance.com/[/URL]
    [URL]http://www.completeoffroad.com[/URL]

okay, im sorry guys, i understand what your sayin. justin, this is a different jeep than the one i sent your pictures of, that one was an 89, this is a 94. im just a little pissed right now about the brakes that are kickin my ass, so if i give anyone attitude, im sorry.
    03 s10 4x4
    89 irocz mullet mobile
    90 miata v8 project

okay, im sorry guys, i understand what your sayin. justin, this is a different jeep than the one i sent your pictures of, that one was an 89, this is a 94. im just a little pissed right now about the brakes that are kickin my ass, so if i give anyone attitude, im sorry.
    That brake line giving you issues or something else?
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Quote Originally Posted by 2002wranglerX View Post
    That brake line giving you issues or something else?
    yeah, its stuck in the soft line. i need to do both front hard lines, the passenger sid is all buggered up, its half crimped at the soft line. now i need about 84" of hard line to get to that side.
    03 s10 4x4
    89 irocz mullet mobile
    90 miata v8 project

you want me to come out tomorrow and help?
    2007 Quad cab frontier LE
    1998 wrangler with pink wheel centers (hers)
    2004 trx450r stress reliever.

nah, im takin a break for a few days, thanks for the offer though.
    03 s10 4x4
    89 irocz mullet mobile
    90 miata v8 project

Less posting, more wheeling! notmYJ's Avatar
    I have some thoughts on this.....mess of a thread, but most have been said, and the others will fall on deaf ears. So, as a fellow rusty YJ owner, I wish you luck. Your gonna need it with every bolt try to turn, and every blow of the hammer or poke with a screwdriver.

Remember to smile. It helps.
    92, 4.0, AW4, SOA, 8.8, D30, 37's, etc etc
    92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)

"Send lawyers, guns, and money. The shit has hit the fan" - Warren Zevon

Everytime someone installs a Super35 kit, an angel looses its wings. Do you want that on your shoulders every time you get in the jeep? Why, I think not...

Quote Originally Posted by notmYJ View Post
    I have some thoughts on this.....mess of a thread, but most have been said, and the others will fall on deaf ears. So, as a fellow rusty YJ owner, I wish you luck. Your gonna need it with every bolt try to turn, and every blow of the hammer or poke with a screwdriver.

Remember to smile. It helps.

right on. some days these things will make you wish you got into stamp collecting.
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar
    lol/\ x2
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

Will someone who knows what they are doing go look at this thing? We have fixed some pretty bad frames. I would like to know how bad this one is.

Thread Information