Thread: Ice Fishin

Web Wheeler!

Ice Fishin

Anyone been going?

I've been out to Lake Arthur a few times...pretty solid ice...atleast 6 inches.

The trusty Swedish Pimple with a wax worm has been good!
    If you see a 2008 lifted white Nissan Frontier speeding north of the city, it's probably me!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! jackb1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Something View Post
    Anyone been going?

I've been out to Lake Arthur a few times...pretty solid ice...atleast 6 inches.

The trusty Swedish Pimple with a wax worm has been good!
    I'm supposed to be going this weekend. I really don't know much about ice fishing though. I went once 2 years ago, didn't catch anything.

Around here in Vermont it is a bit to dangerous at some places with the marmer then normal year.
    Check out this article on buying [URL="http://www.prlog.org/10281470-where-and-how-to-buy-cheap-tires-online.html"]Cheap Tires[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.barretire.com/lapartsdirect.php"]Truck Accessories[/URL]

I did make it out that weekend. I was the first guy on the ice for the season. At least some guy who followed me out 100' behind me told me that after I set up in the middle of the ice. There wasn't a track in the snow anywhere, so it was probably true. So much snow on the ice, nobody wanted to risk it.

Didn't catch a thing. I have no idea what I'm doing though. I was happy that I bought a gas auger though. It sure beat cranking by hand. Then again, the ice was only about 5" thick opposed to 13" the last time I went so it woudn't have been so bad to do by hand.

I'm hoping to try again, maybe at Lake Arthur, later in the winter.

Web Wheeler!
    if you head out to lake arthur, let me know and i will join you if i'm free.

i did some regular fishing saturday and caught about 30 crappie and bluegill just below the Shenango dam.
    If you see a 2008 lifted white Nissan Frontier speeding north of the city, it's probably me!

The weather doesn't look like it is going to get cold enough again, but I'll let you know if I make it out.

Thread Information