Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Pictures from my trip to Coal Creek OHV / Windrock in TN this weekend!

Thread: Pictures from my trip to Coal Creek OHV / Windrock in TN this weekend!

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar

Pictures from my trip to Coal Creek OHV / Windrock in TN this weekend!

I'm in the truck on the way back (obviously I'm not the one driving) so I just finished sorting through 579 pictures.. got it down to 200 something. I'm not going to take the time to post them all here, so LINKS:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=9d47543f77

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=0fc33605d2

I have a ton of video I'm going to put together, but that might take me a week or so. Been a long time since I've made a good vid!

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Looks like a blast!

LOL. Sorry, had to do it

Haha, I knew I'd regret that one - I was bored. Thought it looked funny though, so what the hell!

Haha. It's all good! Any serious breakage? I've never been there, it looks rough!

There were 14 bolts broken... Only thing broken in my group was a yota that killed a birfield (shocker) and a YJ that blew 2 transmission mounts. Almost forgot, the WJ buggy had rear shock / limiting strap issues. By the end of the weekend one shock was kind of attached, the angle iron crossmember he made was snapped in half, and the other shoke was wrapped around the axle. We used sections of a ratchet strap to make new straps, which actually kept the springs from flying out every 10 feet. No one I know of ended up hanging from their harnesses...

I don't think there's as much hardcore as Paragon and Big Dogs has, but I don't know my way around too well. The pic set I posted is from one of the two hardest there, but the bottom 1/4 we ran is the easiest section of it. It gets HARD from the looks of the top, I think harder than anything I've ever run in my buggy - at least with the distance it goes on.

It's definitely worth the trip down...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Looks fun dude I thought you were going there for work or something I didn't realize all of this was happening.

How did most of the street driven rigs do compared to all of the buggies? Is there bypass trails to get around some of the crazy stuff?
    -Ian-

Buggies are buggies, street driven w/ sheet metal is, well, in the way! Only one guy in our group drove his rig there (big ZJ) - and he did fine. There's bypasses to the hardest stuff.

awsome pics Matt.

looks like a blast!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I noticed that Big ZJ and an older XJ 2 door getting in there. I'd like to go out there sometime.
    -Ian-

That big ZJ was Ryan, one of the hosts from Trucks TV on spike - really cool guy to hang out with, and that 5.9 has come a LONG ways since it was built on the show. Although after that trip, the passenger door no longer opens.

Thread Information