Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
No votes needed
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No votes needed

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!

No votes needed

Democrats Prepare “Slaughter Solution” to Ram Unpopular Health Care Takeover Through Congress Without a Vote

Posted by Dave Schnittger on March 10th, 2010
    The twisted scheme by which Democratic leaders plan to bend the rules to ram President Obama’s massive health care legislation through Congress now has a name: the Slaughter Solution.
    The Slaughter Solution is a plan by Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), the Democratic chair of the powerful House Rules Committee and a key ally of Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), to get the health care legislation through the House without an actual vote on the Senate-passed health care bill. You see, Democratic leaders currently lack the votes needed to pass the Senate health care bill through the House. Under Slaughter’s scheme, Democratic leaders will overcome this problem by simply “deeming” the Senate bill passed in the House - without an actual vote by members of the House.
    An article in this morning’s edition of National Journal’s CongressDaily breaks the story, starting with the headline: “SLAUGHTER PREPS RULE TO AVOID DIRECT VOTE ON SENATE BILL.” Excerpts:
    House Rules Chairwoman Louise Slaughter is prepping to help usher the healthcare overhaul through the House and potentially avoid a direct vote on the Senate overhaul bill, the chairwoman said Tuesday.
    Slaughter is weighing preparing a rule that would consider the Senate bill passed once the House approves a corrections bill that would make changes to the Senate version.
    The CongressDaily report was authored by Anna Edney, with Billy House and Dan Friedman contributing.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

BANNED USER
    Good

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    Good
    Huh?

BANNED USER
    I got 6kids and have never had a job that offerd health insurance, I have to go without it for myself to pay for my kids, almost every country in this world has a free healthcare system ,Im tired of payin for it

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar
    /\ lol matt...go back and read all of his posts...democrats.

if he isnt bitching that democrats are great, he's bitching how no one wheels cuz we dont go to the falls....just goes to show, if you dont agree with the democrat way, then there isnt really a way.

i had to look up all of his posts to see if he was joking when he said good, or if he was being serious

edit: i seriously dont mean to sound like an asshole, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i just think a lot of the comments you've made about politics (your opinion)
    and this forum and a lot of my friends on this forum, are kind of ridiculous. maybe im just being difficult cuz im pissy myself. i dont know you, so maybe i just get the wrong idea over the internet
    Last edited by limegreentj; 03-10-2010 at 04:43 PM.
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

I got 6kids and have never had a job that offerd health insurance, I have to go without it for myself to pay for my kids, almost every country in this world has a free healthcare system ,Im tired of payin for it

why do you have 6 kids if you cant afford all the necessities?
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

all the jobs i had have had health insurance, but it sure as hell wasnt free.

BANNED USER
    and theres some reason you like paying for your insurance? frankly I could give a crap about politics, I just want what we should have , free healthcare system. and by the way lime I never said anything to anyone about not wheelin I made a comment to a friend of mine, if you or others took offense maybe you feel it pertains to you. now say what you all want Im not arguing n Ive said all Ima say on this matter.

i didnt say i like paying for insurance, i dont like paying for my house, or my bills (but i do it) and i dont expect to get all that shit paid for for free. ive worked hard for all the things i have and im only 25. and it pisses me off when people want something for nothing. where the fuck is work ethic anymore?

BANNED USER
    how hard someone works should be reflected in their house size or kinda car they have but not how healthy they can be, poor people or uneducated people still have the god givin rite to live healthy lives

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Free health care!!!! Fawking bad ass! Who wouldn't want it. I sure as hell would. But, I'm not ready to turn my life over to the Gub'ment. Nor am I willing to watch the best healthcare system in the world go down the tube because of some welfare recipient half-breads that can't manage their own lives! (That was not a jab at you Ghost).

People hear the word "free" and a fire lights under their asses but what they fail to realize is that NOTHING is free.

how hard someone works should be reflected in their house size or kinda car they have but not how healthy they can be, poor people or uneducated people still have the god givin rite to live healthy lives
    but poor people and un educated people can still work, and pay for insurance. BUT THEY DONT\

edit: let me clarify, that people should get free health care, but not illegals and bums on the street. if you want free health care, become a citizen and get a goddamn job!!
    Last edited by limegreentj; 03-10-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Nothing is free, you're an idiot if you don't think the money will come from somewhere.

I pay for my insurance out of pocket, as I'm self employed and choose to make something of myself instead of bitching about "what I should be given."

You made your choices, no one here suggested you have six kids if you can't support them.

(From phone, excuse typos).

Nothing is free, you're an idiot if you don't think the money will come from somewhere.

I pay for my insurance out of pocket, as I'm self employed and choose to make something of myself instead of bitching about "what I should be given."

You made your choices, no one here suggested you have six kids if you can't support them.

(From phone, excuse typos).

and theres some reason you like paying for your insurance? frankly I could give a crap about politics, I just want what we should have , free healthcare system. and by the way lime I never said anything to anyone about not wheelin I made a comment to a friend of mine, if you or others took offense maybe you feel it pertains to you. now say what you all want Im not arguing n Ive said all Ima say on this matter.
    First off its not free health care, its taxpayer funded healthcare second its not my fault nor any other American's fault that you have 6 kids. Its your problem America is the land of equal opportunity not outcomes. Im so damn sick and tired of everyone saying how every other country has free health care so should we ITS NOT FREE!!!! Why would anyone want the government involved in their healthcare. Im so sick of people wanting handouts its unreal. Yeah canada has healthcare their taxes are outrageous. Europe has it but the care there blows. Im about ready to blow a damn gasket....
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

and canadas free healthcare sucks...because they just dont give a ****. thats why there were people from canada coming to the us for medical treatment

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! jackb1's Avatar
    I just want what we should have , free healthcare system.
    Are you freakin kidding me? Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, not free healthcare. In a perfect world, everybody would get free healthcare, but neither you nor I are entitled to it.

It also is not a perfect world. I would be all for it if it wouldn't cost me more, but the unfortunate side effect of "free" healthcare is that the amount we each pay for it will be increased along with our pay scale. Nothing is free and you'll pay for it out of your wages just like I will pay out of my wages.

The only problem, is that higher earners will pay more than lower earners... and people with 6 kids they can't support will be getting benefits paid for by those with fewer kids that they could otherwise support.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! jackb1's Avatar
    poor people or uneducated people still have the god givin rite to live healthy lives
    Maybe those people wouldn't be poor if they didn't have 6 kids more than they can support.

Now I am not jumping on any sides of this debate, let me be upfront with that.

1. I believe the way this is being brought up is incorrect. Since when is the agenda of the Commander in Chief above the agenda of the people whom elected the delegates in office? It is as if the elected officials do not hear the arguments of the people that will ultimately pay for this in one fassion or another.

2. Sometimes things happen in our lives that are outside of our control and those circumstances lead us to a place that we would not normally be but have to make the best of. Opportunities like this plan may (dare I say) stimulate the situations and allow better chances or better ways to make things right.

That is all.
    Its never the program, always the programmer.

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    If I hadn't met you, I'd assume you were a 90 nerd wearing huge glasses after saying that, LMAO!

beat, if im understanding number 2 correctly, you are saying that if bums get free healthcare it might make them want to do something with their life???

if thats the case i believe its totally false, getting so called "free" stuff, even though its not free, will just make more people think

"well what the fuck i get free shit, i might as well be a loser and figure out what else i can get free"

Quote Originally Posted by limegreentj View Post
    beat, if im understanding number 2 correctly, you are saying that if bums get free healthcare it might make them want to do something with their life???....
    Define Bum.
    Someone that has hit hard times and wants to make the best of it and tries hard to go ahead instead of live off of all the system has to offer, in my eyes, is not a Bum.

If you refer to someone that wants to live off the system and not want to make better their lives, then yes, I agree with you.

Things that need to have more defined lines of establishment; a way that someone can not "Beat" (pardon the pun) the system and get a forever free ride.

If I hadn't met you, I'd assume you were a 90 nerd wearing huge glasses after saying that, LMAO!

House members are concerned the Senate could fail to approve the corrections bill, making them nervous about passing the Senate bill with its much-maligned sweetheart deals for certain states.
    It's such bullshit the way the government operates these days. The idiot president can't do a damn thing without congrssional approval. So what do they do? They bribe their way into a vote. The dirty snakes take it, hook line and sinker without regard to their reasons for being against the bill to begin with. This is nothing more than negotiations set up to benefit their personal careers. Forget what's right for the people...

This is not considered "checks and balances".
    Last edited by Deadman 94 xj; 03-10-2010 at 05:29 PM.

thats the problem, you cant really draw a line between the type of bum

and you cant really define things...

that said, i think this system has worked fine for how many years, and now that Nobama is president people want to change things....why change shit that worked fine for so long?

Quote Originally Posted by limegreentj View Post
    ...why change shit that worked fine for so long?
    But has it? I am trying to stay as neutral as possible with this but consider this:

What would happen if you were injured badly enough that you had to spend, say, 30 days in the ICU. You would miss 30 days of work, you would have 30 days of ICU care and quite possibly 90 or 180 days of rehabilitive care to get close to being back to the way you were before your horrible accident.

What happens now? You have time with no income, time with hospital bills and time to get back on your feet and hopefully your employer didn't fire you over the ordeal. If you had health insurance it would cover some or all of this and if you had some sort of wage loss insurance you would have money coming in but what if you didn't..then what?

Thread Information