Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, its in. UPDATE******

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar
    LOL, hell no...i still have a lot to do, not only that, but i need to drive it around for a while before i take it out in the woods.
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    P\/ssy
    trailphotos.ragnorox.com
    A wise man once said: "Fighting on the internet is like the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded."
    "I just don't get all the hype over it. If it doesn't make me a sammich or go down on me, I'm not going to rant and rave about it."
    -OverkillZJ

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    ^what he said
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

glad i didnt have to say it
    [QUOTE=jackb1;233598]...... but I never stuck my head that close to his pipe to check it out.[/QUOTE]

cant wheel it with no radiator, and no fluid in the t case....and its a new (to me) engine...who knows what the **** it'll do? what if i get back there and it blows up? then all you fucks are stuck helping me...
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

thats what we do. help thos who **** shit up. we dont leave a man behind haha
    [QUOTE=jackb1;233598]...... but I never stuck my head that close to his pipe to check it out.[/QUOTE]

blah blah blah LOL
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

so..... does it run does it run does it run??????????
    03 s10 4x4
    89 irocz mullet mobile
    90 miata v8 project

fo' sho'

freeze plugs blew...i ****ing knew it would happen....

Quote Originally Posted by limegreentj View Post
    freeze plugs blew...i ****ing knew it would happen....
    i'm going to come down and make you a cash offer on that thing tonight I'll toss the 4.0 outa the big TJ in it and get the big one ready for the V8!

i'm jk man, let us know if you need a hand.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

i need some freeze plugs off of someone who isnt a complete goddamn idiot and knows right from wrong.

its not hard to figure out the freeze plugs.

and that 4.0 runs like a whore, but the freeze plugs dont stay in because of retards. i might JB weld them in if i cant figure anything out...seriously...lol

Its a little hack but you could try the rubber ones you put in and tighten.

i thought of that...but i heard bad things about those

i talked to dorman for like an hour....they said they switched vendors and that could be the problem, so they are gonna send me brass ones to try, and im gonna send the old ones that dont fit, back to them (cuz they cant even find those in their inventory)

so hopefully in a few days i get them in and they work.

Smart phone, dumb Wrecker! Wrecker's Avatar
    What part number are you looking for in Dorman. The shop I work with has an old assortmant from a partstore that went under. It might be there.
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

555-069

thats for the steel ones.

thanks wrecker

tore the intake and exhaust manifolds off yesterday, and got the new brass freeze plugs today. i put one in my old block (since ihad extras) and you can clearly tell that the other ones they sent me werent gonna work...the brass ones should though....tomorrow im gonna put them in and get the engine running, let it heat up and drive it a bit...hopefully the cylinder head freeze plug will blow out, then ill just put a rubber one in there, since i sure as **** am not gonna remove the head to put a brass one in...i should be able to put one in there and tighten it with a wrench.

so far no coolant leaks out of the new brass plugs and the rubber cylinder plug...we'll see how long that lasts.

still have to fix the hole in the exhaust pipe....and the leaky t case.

jess called today and the taurus broke down....when it rains it pours...feel like im in a ****in' hurricane.

drove it to the auto parts today, all the freeze plugs are still in it....man i hope they all stay put!!!

next on the list in between fixing everything else is to pull the t case out and fix the leak, and fix the transmission mount.

Thread Information