Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What all's wrong with this picture? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What all's wrong with this picture?

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Here's more along the lines of what I was talking about. This is from one of the Jeep speed rigs:

Like you said though, it probably wouldn't have helped much in that situation.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Strange... I see the steering box brace (which on unibodys can cause as much harm as good considering unirail flex) but is that a crosspiece between framerails attached to the track bar bracket on the right?

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    Strange... I see the steering box brace (which on unibodys can cause as much harm as good considering unirail flex) but is that a crosspiece between framerails attached to the track bar bracket on the right?
    Yep. I've never seen one like that though. Mine mounts directly over top of the trackbar. Which caused me to have to rebuild the trackbar because it was binding.

^^The way that one mounts is nice though, because it allows the trackbar to stuff up in there.

Either way though, in your situation with the bolt hitting the bar like that, something would have to give.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    I believe that is on an xj. And I don't think that a brace of that type would work with how your full hydro is set up ( or with any full hydro for that matter) but you sound suprised that the trackbar bracket is on the right.
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

It doesn't matter if it was on the left or right. Nor would it matter if it was an XJ or a ZJ becuase it was fabed. As far as the hydro I don't know. There's enough crap involved in the front ends of these things as it is, whats another bar?

I do like the way they did that though. The only down side is it's single shear, but they're not running 42's either.

Triangulate and get rid of the track bar all together. Lol
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

No difference if the track bar is on the left or right with full hydro, no surprise here. Only mentioned "right" as reference to what was going on in the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by tjblair View Post

Haha, it's been attempted on rigs better designed rigs than mine, no luck yet... on a true tube buggy I've seen it done, though.

Quote Originally Posted by tjblair View Post
    Leaf springs!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman 94 xj View Post
    Leaf springs!
    EFFFFF THAT! i just spent a year getting rid of those fawkers on the samurai, haha

There's no room for triangulation on these that's for sure. I guess that's why the 3-link is so popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman 94 xj View Post
    It doesn't matter if it was on the left or right. Nor would it matter if it was an XJ or a ZJ becuase it was fabed. As far as the hydro I don't know. There's enough crap involved in the front ends of these things as it is, whats another bar?

I do like the way they did that though. The only down side is it's single shear, but they're not running 42's either.
    Agreed I was just saying that looked like an xj to me. I have a brace similar to that on mine but it is a good bit smaller. I think it is 3/4 tube and it is welded at both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    EFFFFF THAT! i just spent a year getting rid of those fawkers on the samurai, haha
    LOL! I hate mine. They're both sitting crooked...and I don't think it's the bushings! I was thinking about fabing up a traction bar but now I think I might wait a few years and do a wristed 3-link in the rear. I think that's what it's called. Similar to a whishbone set up. Either that or do what everybody else does and do the 4-link.

If the friggin jeep lasts that long...

Thread Information