Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Project: Wife-J
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Wife-J

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar

Project: Wife-J

picked this up today for 450 bucks. needs a motor and floors. im gonna do this on the cheap, and try to do it fast....if anyone wants to give a hand...that would be cool...LOL

i want to thank Ragnorox and Xj jimmy for making the trek out to trailer it home for me....on to the pics. i'll try to keep it updated for everyone.

98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

after i get it running and floors in it, i need a set of cheap 30x9.50 at's

these are 31x10.50 recaps, good for the woods, ill sell them cheap if that helps pay for some cheap at's
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Looks good man, bang that rear bumper straighter and call her good. You got my number you need any help like I said probably next weekend hit me up.
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

i can get a bumper from pic a part for like 10 bucks, i have enough body work to do, depending on what mood im in i might just grab one from pic a part....im hoping to start on it tomorrow.

Trail Leader
    Monessen, PA/ Moon Township/ The Southside
    hey man, let me know when your gonna work on it. i wouldnt mind stoppin out

i seriously might strip it part it and scrap it....the floor is seriously gone...i didnt realize how bad it was til i pulled the seats out.

PghOffRoad Regular
    shoot me a price on the tires

Dude Lime, what all does it need man? Motor and all new floors? What year and how many miles, if you want to get rid of it, i'm seriously considering pickin it up...(voice in head, run, run as fast as you can don't do it )
    94 YJ MTO

PghOffRoad Regular
    jon don't listen that voice is never right lol
    thats how i got my xj beater lol

Quote Originally Posted by JDGreen04TJ View Post
    jon don't listen that voice is never right lol
    thats how i got my xj beater lol
    Haha, actually if he wants to get rid of it I'll let my buddy get it if he wants it, him and his dad have been lookin for an XJ as a woods beater, just haven't found the right one yet
    94 YJ MTO

the floor is almost completely gone, and it needs an engine. and probably some little bullshit.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by limegreentj View Post
    picked this up today for 450 bucks. needs a motor and floors. im gonna do this on the cheap, and try to do it fast....
    i seriously might strip it part it and scrap it....the floor is seriously gone...i didnt realize how bad it was til i pulled the seats out.
    the floor is almost completely gone, and it needs an engine. and probably some little bullshit.
    Exactly my reason for what I said in your other post. Not trying to be a dick, but you get what you pay for...and for $450, you got just that. A motor alone is enough work when your trying to get it on the road....add floors onto that and you got yourself one hell of a project.

Im also not saying you do shotty work, but if your taking the time to put new floors in, please do them right and dont cut corners.

So Brandon is swamped with orders for shit to be fabbed up, then he picks this up.

Good thing you're currently unemployed BRAH, otherwise this would probably never get done lol.

im done fabbing...lol.

i knew that the floors were rusty, but didnt think they were that bad til i got the seats and shit out. no big deal. i'll get it fixed some day.

im not in a hurry really...im gonna fix this slowly then keep it for me, and buy her a dd and she can switch between this one and a nicer one...really the floors are shitty and it needs an engine, but for 450 bucks i dont think i lost out...
    Last edited by limegreentj; 04-15-2010 at 06:54 PM.

well im gonna keep it, and build it...im not really in a hurry, but i am...LOL

i got everything but the drivers seat out today and i should be able to start cleaning up everything by saturday (maybe before)

i fully believe that after i get everything out and cleaned up, i can put the entire floor in, in probably a day and a half and have it painted and interior in in another day.

the drivers side rocker is shot, but the passengers side is like new (except for a dent) ive been pricing rocker panels and stuff, and pricing steel, and i might just cut the rocker out and do this:

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f58/roc...sliders-34626/

post #7

it'll be way cheaper and stronger. one minute i get depressed and hate myself for buying it, and the next minute im excited and anxious to get it done.

all in all, when its done i'll have a cheap reliable nice ride for both of us to drive/ light wheeling.

i might call it Project: opposite sex-j
    Last edited by limegreentj; 04-15-2010 at 09:16 PM.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    We did a rocker like that on my buddy's Samurai but we used angle instead of tube.I t worked out great.
    Give ZJ 5.2 Limited a PM I think he still might have his 4.0 from his grand he did a V8 swap on.
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gD5vDm_Cx0[/URL]

i have one lined up already, i just gotta give a heads up when it gets close to time for that..hopefully a week or so...knock on wood.

it also has leather front seats, which are nice, except the driver has a tear in it...but i ****in' hate leather seats...i stick to them. so what i might do is throw a set of charcoal grand cherokee seats ive had for 5 years in it...they are like brand new, pulled them out of a totalled zj with like 20k on it. so im gonna make em work

it also has leather front seats, which are nice, except the driver has a tear in it...but i ****in' hate leather seats...i stick to them. so what i might do is throw a set of charcoal grand cherokee seats ive had for 5 years in it...they are like brand new, pulled them out of a totalled zj with like 20k on it. so im gonna make em work
    they should be pretty simple, im not a fan of seat swaps just cause it takes up time, but i love leather seats. i have leather in the yj.
    03 s10 4x4
    89 irocz mullet mobile
    90 miata v8 project

one minute i get depressed and hate myself for buying it, and the next minute im excited and anxious to get it done.
    It's a sickness and we all have it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gibson View Post
    they should be pretty simple, im not a fan of seat swaps just cause it takes up time, but i love leather seats. i have leather in the yj.
    it surely cant be as difficult as the mazda seats in my TJ...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman 94 xj View Post
    It's a sickness and we all have it!
    and tom, you are forgetting that i have the sickness x2...i have a tj and now an xj..LOL

I'm suprised the floors are that bad. It looks pretty clean from the outside. You should cut everything out and replace it with box steel! Then put a floor on top of that. Hehe

There was a thread on PBB where I guy did that. If I find it I'll post it up.

When you get into double digits than you have an issue, my family planned an intervention when I brought home my 10th Scout lol.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

it surely cant be as difficult as the mazda seats in my TJ...LOL

and tom, you are forgetting that i have the sickness x2...i have a tj and now an xj..LOL
    lucky bastard. im stuck with a yj... and i 'found' a tj rubi in my driveway just a few minutes ago. and its not mine. i think my dad needs to sign it over into my name.
    03 s10 4x4
    89 irocz mullet mobile
    90 miata v8 project

honestly man, its crazy, the uni is solid as hell, and the bracing inside is completely rust free, and the outside is completely rust free, but the floor is completely gone...all of it.., which really isn't that big of a deal...just kinda overwhelming at first. i thought about doing something to strengthen the uni, but its in good enough shape right now. and if i put the 2x4 (or 6) rectangle steel in the rockers that will strengthen it up quite a bit.
    Last edited by limegreentj; 04-18-2010 at 01:02 AM.

Thread Information