Thread: Angels Landing, Zion Park

PghOffRoad Regular

Angels Landing, Zion Park

While visiting Las Vegas this fall, we're going to Zion Park to hike up to Angels landing and also the narrows. Then off to Bryce Park for a hike... Here's part of the AL hike. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVkiPvY8by4
    Last edited by IBJEEPN; 04-17-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by IBJEEPN View Post
    While visiting Las Vegas this fall, we're going to Zion Park to hike up to Angels landing and also the narrows. Then off to Bryce Park for a hike... Here's part of the AL hike. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVkiPvY8by4
    take lots of water. it took my bro and i about 4 hours but we also had to wait for people to pass on the narrow parts where you hang on to the chains.

it's an awesome hike. my favorite in the park. i've been there 3 times. bryce canyon is up there too, but angels landing was the most memorable.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

I did it in the winter about 10 years ago so we only saw a handful of others on the trail. I didn't stopped shy of the summit though. /regrets
    [U][quote]An operation this size you don't know who's after you. It could be the ATF, FBI... ****in' Patrik Swayze... who knows?[/quote][/U]

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    if you can, you gotta push to the top. it's amazing. there's names of people who died carved into the rock though.

going up wasn't nearly as bad as going down. it's pretty wild. It was like 85-90 degrees when i climbed it and people were at the top with empty water bottles asking for drinks of water! lol. i gave a few some shots into their bottles out of my camelback. they were crazy doing that. I killed my camel back and 1 bottle of water on that hike.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

PghOffRoad Regular
    Cool ! Thanks for the info. 2 died during this past fall there. In separate incidents.
    I heard that people (Nuts) run this trail too ! I thought the trip down would be crazy !!!
    Eeeegad !!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-WB_tMXAEw
    Last edited by IBJEEPN; 04-18-2010 at 11:06 PM.

Trail Leader
    oh hell ya i got butterflies just watching the vid that would be a blast if i wasnt so dang out of shape...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."- [B]Elbert Hubbard[/B]
    Think about it!

"You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!"

[QUOTE]
    Originally Posted by [B]limegreentj[/B]
    i wish there was a punch you in the face button...i'd push it all day long
    [/QUOTE]

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Zion is amazing..

PghOffRoad Regular
    After seeing this trail in China. Angels landing ain't so bad......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke4-c...eature=related

PghOffRoad Regular
    Headin out soon to Zion and Bryce ! With time, everything changes. With our time of arrival at Zion. We won't be doing the narrows. And the Angels landing trail has been closed for undergoing maintenance. Hope fully it'll be open when we get there. Observation point trail may be the hike we take if not. We decided to take a horseback ride in Bryce Canyon. Temps there are mid 30's in the am to mid 70's during the day. Zion is 10-15 degrees warmer..leaving vegas another 10-15 degrees warmer than that ! It's been in the low 100's there. Going exploring the local ghost towns,ect. When not "unwinding " on the strip.

PghOffRoad Regular
    Had a fantastic time ! Zion and Bryce were amazing.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I was out there in August. It rained the whole time we were in Zion, but was still cool. Was my second time there. Also Hit Bryce up as well as about 8 other national parks for a cross country trip.

PghOffRoad Regular
    That sounds like an awesome trip ! It rained on us too. We did hike emerald falls trail.
    Bryce was socked in by clouds alot. 38 degrees without the wind chill..lol

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by IBJEEPN View Post
    Cool ! Thanks for the info. 2 died during this past fall there. In separate incidents.
    I heard that people (Nuts) run this trail too ! I thought the trip down would be crazy !!!
    Eeeegad !!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-WB_tMXAEw
    im scared of heights. fu*k all that jazz. id piss myself and never move
    [QUOTE=jackb1;233598]...... but I never stuck my head that close to his pipe to check it out.[/QUOTE]

Thread Information