Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ford Excursion Diesel

Thread: Ford Excursion Diesel

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

Ford Excursion Diesel

I have listed this truck on eBay, the listing is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT I will sell locally or you can bid on it. If there is less than 12 hours left in the auction I cannot sell locally anymore. The auction contains many photos also. Here is a link to my CL Ad: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/1726376383.html

2000 Ford Excursion 4x4 diesel truck with the Limited trim package. It has 205,000 miles on the truck. I have owned this truck for about 3 years and logged almost exactly 20,000 miles on it. I use this truck for road trips, all my city driving is done in my Honda Civic or on my motorcycle. The truck came from Columbus, OH where the previous owner used it to haul the kids to hockey games around the state of OH.

Shortly after buying the truck I installed a 6 position computer chip that is adjustable for anywhere from stock to 140 Hp over stock. I have found that I get the best fuel mileage on the 75hp setting. Here is the chip http://www.dieselmanor.com/ts/TS-1180402.asp . I also installed a MPRP stainless 4" exhaust, as seen here: http://www.dieselmanor.com/mbrp/s6200409.asp . At the same time I installed a AFE stage 2 cold air intake, it is the third one down on this page: http://www.dieselmanor.com/afe/afe_ford_psd.asp . Before I did any performance mods I installed a 3 gauge pod: http://www.dieselmanor.com/gauges/DM-3gk-isf.asp . With the gauge cluster you can monitor transmission temp, turbo boost and exhaust gas temp. The trans temp gauge acts a little funny, sometimes it will not read, 95% or the time it works fine.

Few thousand miles after installing all the upgrades the 195,000 mile stock transmission gave up on me. I had a new transmission built with a high performance torque converter as well upgrading anything else so that it will be able to handle the power. Sorry, I don't know much about automatic transmissions, I just told them I wanted it built to handle a lot of power and to last a long time. $2500 later I got my truck back. I also had a extra large tranny cooler installed, so the trans temp gauge is pretty useless because no matter what you are doing, you will never overheat the transmission now. I imagine this transmission is good for another 200,000 miles, if not more.

I had a tree branch fall on the truck a few years ago and break the windshield and scratch the hood, roof, right fender and both right doors. The truck was repainted then to fix all the scratches and to eliminate the brown accents on the outside of the truck.

The left door on the tailgate was damaged and replaced. The black paint does not match perfectly. There is a small dent by the left rear tail light. There are no creases and it probaly can be popped out pretty easily. You can see both in one of the photos of the rear of the truck, the dent is betweent the gas door and the light.

There is no rust issues on this truck. It is in great shape. It is a 10 year old truck but it is not perfect, there are small scratches here and there.

The 7.3L diesel motor runs terrific. In the winter, if the temps are going to drop below 15 degrees I plug the block heater in for about an hour before I start it. It will fire right up then. During unloaded highway driving I get about 20-24mpg! Depending on winter fuel and summer fuel and if I am driving through mountains or not. I don't drive enough in the city enough to know what I get there, maybe 14mpg? The performance modifications helped the fuel mileage a lot.

The 4wd works perfectly except for the automatic hubs do not lock in. You have to turn the locks on the two front wheels by hand. It was not a big deal to me because I had a F150 and a Jeep that had manual hubs and I am used to that.

2 tires are almost brand new and 2 have 25-35% left on them. They are high mileage highway tires. The two newer tires probaly have 40,000 miles left in them. The other two have maybe 10,000. The full size spare is brand new and has never been used.

I always park in my level driveway, so I never use the parking brake. A few months ago I used it and discovered that the cables rusted on the passenger side and will not release properly. If you want to use the parking brake the passenger side cable will have to be replaced.

The interior is the Limited trim package. Leather seating for 7 people. Wood grain accents. The first row of rear seats are reclining and are comfortable for even full sized adults. I have the third row of seats, they are not pictured in the ad. Both myself and the previous owner were non-smokers. The front 2 seats are heated. The drivers seat has a small tear in it that was repaired and is only noticeable if you are looking for it. There are 2 air conditioners on this truck and both do a very good job of keeping it icy cold inside. The stereo has a tape deck and a single cd slot. There is also a 6 disc changer in the center console. The changer is a factory option and is controlled by the stereo. The power door locks all were replaced except for the drivers side rear door. It will lock on it own but you need to unlock it by hand. If you give me $80 for the part from Ford, I will put it in for you.

I will include a giant stack of receipts from just about all the work that has ever been done to this truck. I also have a rubber cargo mat that fits in the back and protects the carpet all the way up to the front seats. Lastly I have a cover for the grill, in the winter the truck takes a long time to warm up, this cover allows the truck to warm up faster and to maintain heat. You can see it here: http://www.cabelas.com/p-0005914512605a.shtml

I am selling because I have been unemployed for the last 15 months and have not been driving the truck. I might drive it 2-3 times a month to haul my dirt bike about 5 miles away. I just bought a small beater pickup to haul the dirt bike, so I don't see any reason to keep this truck around.

Sorry about the long description, I wanted to be a through as possible.

If you have any questions, please ask. I can usually respond within a hour or so.

I would prefer a cash payment but I do understand not everyone has cash on hand. Capital One does a great auto finance program. If you are going to finance through another bank, please pick one that is local to here that we can go to a branch and complete the paperwork. I will not mail my title to your out of state bank without having a full payment first. I have the clear title in hand.

Last edited by trailerrails; 05-06-2010 at 07:49 AM.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Bump

Interested in trades for a nice daily driver. Maybe a Grand Cherokee, Wrangler, Trail Blazer, BMW 3 or 5 series wagon. 2wd or 4wd, it does not matter much.
    Last edited by trailerrails; 05-05-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Thread Information