Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Idea # 2,642 : Jeep Comanche Build

Less posting, more wheeling!
    ill get back to you on it hahaha. i know some things, but ill wait to go into detail. its what i believe to be a great deal
    [QUOTE=jackb1;233598]...... but I never stuck my head that close to his pipe to check it out.[/QUOTE]

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by DBreakTX View Post
    ill get back to you on it hahaha. i know some things, but ill wait to go into detail. its what i believe to be a great deal
    oh you gotta share more than that man
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

haha i will soon
    [QUOTE=jackb1;233598]...... but I never stuck my head that close to his pipe to check it out.[/QUOTE]

Now?

You can't post this in a public forum and leave us all hangin. C'mon!

well. a little about it. 4.0 swap. auto. long arms

Trail Leader
    MF Steve's?
    99 TJ
    11 Ram 1500

i dunno. i havent seen it yet. just heard a little about it and it seems like a good purchase. i have, however, read his build thread. so when i go see it and it has a yellow 4.0 in it ill know haha. but i wouldnt know otherwise.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Unless you're talking to DMG - it's not Steve's.

i dunno. i havent seen it yet. just heard a little about it and it seems like a good purchase. i have, however, read his build thread. so when i go see it and it has a yellow 4.0 in it ill know haha. but i wouldnt know otherwise.
    sounds very familiar lol

haha. yeah. if its mfsteves, then ill be happy cause i dig the entire build. ill take pics of it when i go see it this week. then i can get criticized on whatever it is, or at least i expect it haha. but for, what i consider to be great, the deal im getting on it, ill let yall piss into the wind

haha. yeah. if its mfsteves, then ill be happy cause i dig the entire build. ill take pics of it when i go see it this week. then i can get criticized on whatever it is, or at least i expect it haha. but for, what i consider to be great, the deal im getting on it, ill let yall piss into the wind
    it had a really good start to it...

absolutely. i think it would be very capable with a few things completed on it.

so i think ive decided on a tire. the LTB seems to be the best and most affordable choice. i always hear great things about it and at 180ish for 33"s not a bad price either. though, the one i found on 4wd has a 13.50. i dont really want that wide of a tire, is there somewhere else that offers something of less width?

What happened to your 33s? Did u buy it? What's its current state?

http://www.walcks4wd.com/productdetail.aspx?pid=3159

skinny as you can get em

but for real, ive been lurking this thread for a while and I NEED SOME PICS
    96 xj rust
    some old chevy rust
    some motorsickles

and a dirtymax

"If i diddnt have bad luck, i wouldnt have any luck at all"

Quote Originally Posted by 2002wranglerX View Post
    What happened to your 33s? Did u buy it? What's its current state?
    i sold them. thought i needed the money for my vacation, and i ended up not. so ive got the money in my savings and thats helping me pay for the jeep. and ive got a bonus, hopefully, coming thats gonna let me finish the manche and get new wheels/tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth_Fratelli View Post
    http://www.walcks4wd.com/productdetail.aspx?pid=3159

skinny as you can get em (dick haha. i mean for the ltb's!!!)

but for real, ive been lurking this thread for a while and I NEED SOME PICS

ill have some later this week. ill see the manche some night this week. or i should anyways. and ill give the final nod to me bying it or not. ill keep yall updated. but im about 99% for sure that im gonna get it, so im keeping this thread as my build thread since its already made its presence noticed. eventually Matt will move this to the build category im sure.

is it sitting on wheels/tires or anything?

last time i saw the build thread there was still a long way to go

from wat i understand, there is not tooo much. its a project for sure, but with a few weekends working on it, it would be there. i would get it with the axles hung i believe and able to roll down the road. well the driveway to a trailer anyways. and its got a bad set of wheels and tires on it to move it around. but thats it.

from wat i understand, there is not tooo much. its a project for sure, but with a few weekends working on it, it would be there. i would get it with the axles hung i believe and able to roll down the road. well the driveway to a trailer anyways. and its got a bad set of wheels and tires on it to move it around. but thats it.
    should be interesting... do you have a garage? i'm just wondering.

yeah ive got a 2 car garage. the only thing i need to do is run a couple more outlets for a new compressor i am getting. and i need a keroseen heater for the winter. besides that its ready to go

Less posting, more wheeling! JeepSteeler's Avatar
    Good luck with your project, I've been watching and reading, hopefully it doesn't need too much. Your stream of consciousness posts are always good entertainment.

FWIW, I bought a couple of cheap "Workforce" quartz type overhead heaters from Lowe's last winter for around $30 each and mounted them above my bench. Pumps out enough heat to keep your fingers working anyway. Cheap and easy to mount/use, just plug them in, no kerosene needed - maybe something to think about. I have a propane torpedo too, but my garage isn't all that well insulated.

"Freedom is something that dies unless its used" -HST

Quote Originally Posted by JeepSteeler View Post
    Good luck with your project, I've been watching and reading, hopefully it doesn't need too much. Your stream of consciousness posts are always good entertainment.

FWIW, I bought a couple of cheap "Workforce" quartz type overhead heaters from Lowe's last winter for around $30 each and mounted them above my bench. Pumps out enough heat to keep your fingers working anyway. Cheap and easy to mount/use, just plug them in, no kerosene needed - maybe something to think about. I have a propane torpedo too, but my garage isn't all that well insulated.
    haha thanks. i try to amuse people with my changing thoughts as often as i can haha. but this one is a for sure. i cant wait.

mine isnt very insulated either. so ill need something that works well. i used to use the kerosene burners that looked like, and sounded like, a jet engine in the garage i grew up in. maybe ill chek out those cheap things for my bench.

Trail Leader
    so, just to clear up my confusion...Is it MFSteve's? If so, that thing is pretty awesome, good snag.
    99 TJ
    11 Ram 1500

haha. Well I guess since the cat is out of the bag anyways, yes, it's that one.

Thread Information