Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ridgerunner97's XJ Build - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ridgerunner97's XJ Build

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Well I guess Gibblets balls finally dropped!
    trailphotos.ragnorox.com
    A wise man once said: "Fighting on the internet is like the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded."
    "I just don't get all the hype over it. If it doesn't make me a sammich or go down on me, I'm not going to rant and rave about it."
    -OverkillZJ

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Get the Bullshit out of this thread, its a fawkin build thread.
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

trailphotos.ragnorox.com
    A wise man once said: "Fighting on the internet is like the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded."
    "I just don't get all the hype over it. If it doesn't make me a sammich or go down on me, I'm not going to rant and rave about it."
    -OverkillZJ

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner97 View Post
    x2 I don't have any beef with anyone on here. Or any real reason to add to it, I just think EVERYONE need to keep drama out of the threads...

On a side note, Jeeps lookin good, I can't wait to start my build
    Last edited by Doty152; 10-14-2010 at 06:21 PM.
    "If guns don't kill people, people kill people, does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toasts toast?"

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar
    i just wanted to say...jon, jeeps lookin good

oh and yeah...GTFO gibson, fuuckface asshole!
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

exactly why i put either ignore or PM me. the xj is lookin good though. you gotta teach freddy how to drive his

He did okay on the ride Sunday.
    94 YJ MTO

He did okay on the ride Sunday.
    im just going by what i heard. so im assuming you fixed your unibody, did you ever get to the mini boatsides?

No haven't welded it, or done the boatsides, no money and other shit has come up.
    94 YJ MTO

Quote Originally Posted by gibson View Post
    how bout you put that dick back in your mouth. There is no reason why should should have any concern over what happened when i sold the jeep. The kid looked it over 5 times by himself and 3 times with both friends and family and decided it was it was what he wanted regardless of the problems. He didnt ask if it had any problems, let alone if it had frame problems. I saw it the other day, i have pictures, its even more hacked up now than when i had it. If you are so concerned about it, ill give you the kids address and you can take it up with him.its out of my hands, i dont really give a shit if you want me here or not, i have just as much right to be here as you do. If you have any problems with me, either ignore me or pm me.

ZING!
    Last edited by Sloth_Fratelli; 10-14-2010 at 08:39 PM.
    96 xj rust
    some old chevy rust
    some motorsickles

and a dirtymax

"If i diddnt have bad luck, i wouldnt have any luck at all"

sorry Jon. i just hate everything about that kid. punk kid. ill be done and only pm him
    [QUOTE=jackb1;233598]...... but I never stuck my head that close to his pipe to check it out.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Gibson View Post
    exactly why i put either ignore or PM me. the xj is lookin good though. you gotta teach freddy how to drive his
    im not gonna lie, i aint the best at wheelin yet but im workin on it. that was the first pgh-or trip i went on and it blew all the other shit ive been doing out of the water lol. gettin rid of those tiny mall terrains will probably help alot tho
    96 xj rust
    some old chevy rust
    some motorsickles

and a dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth_Fratelli View Post
    im not gonna lie, i aint the best at wheelin yet but im workin on it. that was the first pgh-or trip i went on and it blew all the other shit ive been doing out of the water lol. gettin rid of those tiny mall terrains will probably help alot tho
    31s FTW. look at the dried rocky creek bed that i could run down at creek falls and all the stuff john runs on 31s. with a little practice you could run the same stuff.

31s FTW. look at the dried rocky creek bed that i could run down at creek falls and all the stuff john runs on 31s. with a little practice you could run the same stuff.
    his problem wasn't getting hung up underneath, so bigger tars wouldn't have helped him. his tires looked like a HT/AT mix, not very aggressive at all. if he an aggressive AT or MTs he woulda been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pittim View Post
    his problem wasn't getting hung up underneath, so bigger tars wouldn't have helped him. his tires looked like a HT/AT mix, not very aggressive at all. if he an aggressive AT or MTs he woulda been fine.
    i forgot he had those street tars, im thinkin he had a 225 bfg at for some reason. but even those would pack up around here in the spring and fall. even my old half bald 31s would do better.

i forgot he had those street tars, im thinkin he had a 225 bfg at for some reason. but even those would pack up around here in the spring and fall. even my old half bald 31s would do better.
    i really dont get the appeal of BFG ATs except for the fact that they last like 2x as long as any tire.

Quote Originally Posted by pittim View Post
    i really dont get the appeal of BFG ATs except for the fact that they last like 2x as long as any tire.

i think you just answered your own question haha.

and they handle decent in everything. so its a good tire for someone who sees a lot of street time and minimal off pavement time or at least little mud time.
    [QUOTE=jackb1;233598]...... but I never stuck my head that close to his pipe to check it out.[/QUOTE]

im debating either bumping up a few inches and cutting the fenders out to fit something like 35's, or just cutting the fenders where im at and getting 33's. either way those fenders are getting cut
    96 xj rust
    some old chevy rust
    some motorsickles

and a dirtymax

Okay bringin this back with some updates Ordered Clayton's Double Shear HD trackbar setup, its the tits got it on its pure beef.

Install was straightforward, only thing was that the frame side Johnny Joint was a hair wide to fit in the bracket, seemed like the bracket warped when they welded it at the factory. I took a angle grinder to the cast iron center piece in the JJ and took 1/16 off both sides and it went right in.

Also ordered these leafs from Iron Rock Offroad just got em today. They are beef. Weigh 55lb a pack. Top notch quality and customer service.

Lifetime Guarantee and they are built right. Lets just hope they ride good and are as tall as advertised and not more or less haha

Next on the to do list, PORC SYE Kit install into my spare 231, might wide chain it and put a 6 pinion planetary in it while its apart. Order JKS Boomerang shackles and then its time to install everything and get some 33-35s whatever I can find used and cheap!

After all that i'm still debating whether to make short arms for it, or just save my pennies and get a Clayton's 3 Link Kit for the front, also building a Dana 30 for it this summer just a little at a time, when I start on that i'm gonna catch all kinds of hell hehe
    Last edited by ridgerunner97; 01-05-2011 at 01:45 PM.
    94 YJ MTO

what kinda lift are those leafs supposed to net? that trac-bar is nice...go see the powder coat guy.

Its already powdercoated, and the leafs are supposed to be at 3.5in of lift out of the box, I think they'll be a bit taller than that tho till they settle down some, IF they settle some, I'm goin to take some free arch measurements and eye to eye measurements and compare them to some known springs see how they compare before I put em on.
    94 YJ MTO

Nice. The springs look great and I'm lovin that trackbar set up. Definitely a good choice IMO.
    Heat the hole freeze the shaft

those parts a beef. that thing is gonna be a beast.
    03 s10 4x4
    89 irocz mullet mobile
    90 miata v8 project

BFG at's have treated me surprisingly well on my cj, granted I'm locked front and rear and don't really like mud but I was out at Outback offroad park and they held their own.
    2007 Quad cab frontier LE
    1998 wrangler with pink wheel centers (hers)
    2004 trx450r stress reliever.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    So what are you shooting for height wise? School speed bumps or Mall speed bumps? j/k man, if your going for 4.5 or under stick with some adj controls, not long arms. Save your money for other things. And as far as your t-case chain there is no need at this point unless you already bought it. The 231 is a strong case and internals as is...
    Karma...... you will get it sooner than you think...

Thread Information