Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

bumper help

Thread: bumper help

bumper help

Ok so I found out I don't like the factory bumpers I allready screwed up the front one. So I am building new ones but I got couple ? My back one is going to be made out of 2x6 channel and I'm going to build in a hitch into it. Now my main question is about my front. I do a lot of different jeeping between mudd trails and hills. Not so much rock but every once in awhile but I want to no. If I should build it to cut back torwards the tires like a 45 degree or something like it. I'm going to build a hitch into the front too . Please help with ideas I haven't really seen any tat cut back

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I've never seen one that was angled back at 45 to the tires maybe because at full stuff it would come in contact with the tires?
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gD5vDm_Cx0[/URL]

Well I don't want it close to the tires but I want to protect the tires a little

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Most bumpers are made like this:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0042_large.jpg

http://www.blackgto.com/jeep/fender8.jpg

But you can make them a little wider for tire protection. They are usually cut shorter to allow full turning and stuffing without tire rub.

This kind of bumper turns toward the tires but there's a good chance of rubbing on them:
    http://www.oman4x4.com/albums/aevhood/aev9.jpg
    Last edited by muddeprived; 07-21-2010 at 01:13 PM.

I don't want it tat close to the tires I just want to protect them a little. Like trees like to get in them sometimes

Thank u mudd I didn't want them tat far sticking in but thank u. I have an idea now but I would still like to get more idea thank u

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    I was just thinking that if I had a TJ I DD'ed, I would Build a frame width front bumper, with bolt on extensions so I would remove those for some rockcrawling.

Quote Originally Posted by 00tjwrangler View Post
    Thank u mudd I didn't want them tat far sticking in but thank u. I have an idea now but I would still like to get more idea thank u
    Google is your friend. Try googling "Custom TJ wrangler front bumpers" and then click on "images"

http://www.google.com/images?client=...w=1024&bih=584

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    The fab fours bumpers are angled back twords the tires, at least this is what I think you are talking about. You can see it pretty well in this pic. I wouldnt make the bumper come out in front of the tires, but thats just me.
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

that there don't look safe to me
    -Ian-

whats not safe???
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

Looks safe and fun to me. A good way to get the juices flowin!

Quote Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post
    Looks safe and fun to me. A good way to get the juices flowin!
    Or soil your shorts.lol there is a much easier line over that rock but I like to take that line to see who follows me. Its starting to get pretty bad the hole on the other side of the rock is getting deep.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Heres mine i made.

A little different angle.
    and right about here is where it REALLY starts to feel light on the left side LOL.

Have ya rolled it or put it on it's side yet?

No, leaned it against a tree last weekend pretty good. had the tree not been there I would have been on my side for sure. LOL

Thread Information