Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I know the forum sucks right now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know the forum sucks right now.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar

I know the forum sucks right now.

I've been getting a lot of feedback lately about how much this place, well, sucks. Believe me, I'm well aware. I started changes and upgrades when I thought I was going to have time to complete what I have been planning for this place for years: easier to use software, host your pictures and videos here, on line / live chat, an active runs / M/G calendar, etc. Unfortunately I got sidetracked by several things and let a lot of important things slip by, this summer the great weather included, and am now focusing on the business which keeps me fed and clothed.

I haven' given up on this place, but I'm not planning on completing the upgrades and big changes for months. I'm working insane hours on the business and finally have my priorities in order, and truthfully making this place prettier at the moment is toward the end of that list.

It will be worth it eventually, but for now, hang in on the suckiness, and go wheel. It is at least serving its basic purpose of bringing 4wheelers together in an open setting with no club laws, dues, or requirements (other than not being a complete asshat.)

-Matt

Bill Molestered Jebus (again.) BAD_GNR's Avatar
    As much as this place sucks, it still doesn't suck as much as Al's mom. Between giving BJ's and eating (and when she eat's it's pretty much like a vacuum cleaner, I mean, she's ****ing huge), there isn't much time for anything else with her.

Given how much Al's mom sucks, that might not be much of a compliment. That's like saying, your football team is better than the cleveland browns.
    It's about to get all kinds of stupid up in here!

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Well, at least you know it sucks . I personally don't mind it.
    Heat the hole freeze the shaft

Smart phone, dumb Wrecker! Wrecker's Avatar
    At least something in my life sucks.
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

Previously: LB Offroader
    As you stated, the forum serves it purpose, and it's free! The people on here that have families, jobs, looking for jobs, and going to school to better themselves, completely understand and will not complain. You do a great job Matt keeping up with the site.

Yeah I think its fine we still post pics, set runs up, and act like asses works for me!
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

My offer to help still stands. I know its hard to let someone else work on your project but if you want help, just ask.

it's not that bad matt. like you said the function of it still works and thats all that matters. this sucky color does not bother me as much other things in my life.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Good enough for me, I ain't gonna complain about somethin that's free.

It's a forum for information exchange. Information is exchanged. M&G and other events are planned. People laugh. People get pissed. People type stupid things. People get pissed. People get off-topic. People type stuff that isn't PC. People get pissed. Matt steps in and puts people in their place.

It's the same forum, just without the black/gold theme. Seriously...slap on a black/gold theme like it was before and how much different is this new site from the previous one? Were there a bunch of naked women on this site that I wasn't aware about?

I'm not saying that this forum has always sucked -- far from that in fact. I'm just saying that everyone's perception of this site "sucking" is all psychological because it's not the same interface you were used to.

For a group of people that participate in a hobby where bling is frowned upon, it's sort of amazing that the bling is expected for the website
    Last edited by SirFuego; 08-09-2010 at 11:14 PM.
    [URL="http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7670"][/URL]

The forum is fine Matt, It's just you that SUCKS!
    trailphotos.ragnorox.com
    A wise man once said: "Fighting on the internet is like the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded."
    "I just don't get all the hype over it. If it doesn't make me a sammich or go down on me, I'm not going to rant and rave about it."
    -OverkillZJ

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    U are doing a hell of alot more with this site than my dumb a$$ can do. And i can still do all the things i did on the previouse site.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! 13below0's Avatar
    Hell this is way better than most sites. Theres a good bit of info on here, tech, fab, people actually wheel on this board so all in all I think its serves its purpose. Good job!
    SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL WELDER...

CRAP
    I did not know this sucked. I happen to enjoy my time on it.
    The responses to my newbie questions are helpful, and the members I have met and who have unselfishly helped us have been awe sum.

What makes a great forum is the membership. Yes the bells & whistles, the colors are cool but it takes a lot of work to make what appears at times to be a simple change.

Last week a wrangler flagged my wife & I down while in the truck. The driver saw our Forum sticker and said he has been watching us because he just moved here and is looking for a place and for guys he can wheel with.

SO for those who think it SUCKS I suggest,
    1st look within, (are the challenges extreme, or the difference between chocolate & vanilla)
    2nd offer suggestions

JMO
    m
    Fathernsons.com Started with a 94 xj at a shown & shine a few years back. Knowing we had a difficult time against the trailered entries, we added a sign that read, "we use this jeep to promote our father n son time together".
    From that vendors & without solicitation wanted to sponsor our site. Its starting to come together more and more.
    Thanks to all. Meanwhile we will see you on the trails.

Thanks everyone. A lot of it is a matter of pride, I never liked half-assing anything. I'll do it when the weathers cooler and I don't want to spend all my evenings running, playing with the dog, and having fun!

you know one of the little things i really like about this site compared to the others? i can always go back and edit a post or thread title. the time to edit doesnt expire after 8 seconds like other places. i appreciate that
    [QUOTE=jackb1;233598]...... but I never stuck my head that close to his pipe to check it out.[/QUOTE]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    Thanks everyone. A lot of it is a matter of pride, I never liked half-assing anything. I'll do it when the weathers cooler and I don't want to spend all my evenings running, playing with the dog, and having fun!
    You have a life outside work and the computer? Hows one do that?

Its raining out, and I'm brain-fried on the server work I did today, so I have a surprise on the forum by tonight. It'll look a lot different. Step one of a 12 step program to a less sucky forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecker View Post
    At least something in my life sucks.
    ...I can't believe no one commented on this. I let it go for a month, but had to bring it to light!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I like the new look bad ass!! And it's easier on the eyes too.
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gD5vDm_Cx0[/URL]

Before anyone comments on it - yeah, the logo doesn't look right! I sent it to one of my graphics guys, we'll have something nicer looking that matches the colors and theme shortly.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Hoooray!
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Good work

PghOffRoad Regular
    Yeah, I was completely unaware of this site's suck factor. Wow. Thanks for cluing me in, Matt.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Sweet!!!!!!!!
    [quote=OverkillZJ;182503]You poopstick![/quote] [quote=Gibson;183934]i cant get my nut off, my hand is to damn big.[/quote] '94 XJ sport, 4 dr, 4.5" RC lift,and a Logan's front bumper.

Thread Information