Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Dick's Purpose Built Adventure XJ Build - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dick's Purpose Built Adventure XJ Build

Less posting, more wheeling!
    you are correct my friend. did you put it on the hot side or cold side
    [QUOTE=jackb1;233598]...... but I never stuck my head that close to his pipe to check it out.[/QUOTE]

where do i get tiger hair?
    [QUOTE=jackb1;233598]...... but I never stuck my head that close to his pipe to check it out.[/QUOTE]

right off the tiger. be careful they have sharp teeth... Advance Sells it along with trader horn, TSC, and hell probably wal mart
    2007 Quad cab frontier LE
    1998 wrangler with pink wheel centers (hers)
    2004 trx450r stress reliever.

ok haha. i googled on home depot and lowes and they told me to **** off. so i figured id ask here.

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick.Breakey View Post
    you are correct my friend. did you put it on the hot side or cold side
    Hot. I want to know what's coming out the transmission and therefore what temperature it is operating at. With the factory cooler I was seeing an operating range of 160 to 260 which is very bad. Anything over 220, I think, and ATF breaks down fast. With this new, large cooler, I haven't seen it pass 190 while towing and normal driving usually stays below 110 which has me a little worried the transmission might be too cold. We'll see what happens once the ambient temperature drops. I might have to partially block off the cooler in winter.

ah nice. ok. maybe you can put a cover over the front and let it warm up?

I wanna say it was the most recent issue of Jp but they just did an article on trans cooling. May be something worth looking at.
    2007 Quad cab frontier LE
    1998 wrangler with pink wheel centers (hers)
    2004 trx450r stress reliever.

are there any dana 300's that wont work?

will this 300 work?

I bought this about 5 years ago for a Jeep project and never used it (and just discovered the box). I'm unsure what it's off of, specifically.

please call if interested

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Dick you need to make sure its a Jeep Dana 300, should have a round 6 bolt pattern on the input face that bolts against the transmission. They are harder to find but IH used a 300 for either one or 2 years of Scout production, and they have a texas shaped bolt pattern iirc. You need the Jeep version i'm pretty sure. I don't think that there are any adapters out there being made to adapt the IH pattern Dana 300 to a 231 for a doubler application.
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

I dont know if Chris still has these.

But here you go
    http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/sho...light=dana+300
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

ok. Wel that's good to know. Rules out another one I called about. I think the one in the pic has the 6 bolt pattern. He's getting me more pics later tonight. I'll post em up.

jeff, what's the difference between long and short?

god damn phone. Ok. Good news. Has good shoes and internal stuff(the 8.25 I picked up over the weekend. Also has the same 3.55's as my 30.

I'll be saving money on the gear install now which is good and I'll be installing the aussie locker myself since the gears don't have to be taken out or anything. And it will be out of the truck so that makes life easier.

thought it was good news and wanted to pass it on.

If you want a hand with that Aussie install let me know if i'm free i'll come over and help ya out, hell get some beer and pizza and you can get a small group of guys over there and we can install the Aussie and get the whole rear end under that tin can in a day.
    94 YJ MTO

I used the short tail shaft version when I did my doubler, because of the shorter wheelbase. I would probably use the long tail shaft one in cherokee though. You have the room, and the long one is easier to adapt your speedo sensor to.
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

Quote Originally Posted by tjblair View Post
    I used the short tail shaft version when I did my doubler, because of the shorter wheelbase. I would probably use the long tail shaft one in cherokee though. You have the room, and the long one is easier to adapt your speedo sensor to.
    ah ok. ill see what i can find for the best deal, and hope for a longer version

Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner97 View Post
    If you want a hand with that Aussie install let me know if i'm free i'll come over and help ya out, hell get some beer and pizza and you can get a small group of guys over there and we can install the Aussie and get the whole rear end under that tin can in a day.
    oh and i plan on installing the rear end when i install the lift and tires and all that.

i will be having a lift install party and there will be beer and air mattresses provided haha

i will be having a party and there will be beer and air mattresses provided haha
    Wooooahhh, I didn't think this was that kinda group man, i'm not like that, you and Matt can do whatever ya like on your time
    94 YJ MTO

i ****ing hate changing the cps. i finally got around to changing the cps since i f'd up the old one. and it made a difference. this thing is so nice. it runs really good now. well exponentially better than when i got it. not 100%. but like 95% haha. i think theres a small exhaust leak. so now its all about getting the floors done. and then the interior back in. once i get that, it will be about ready to go for the lift and all that jazz. a small bonus coming next paycheck will finish the floors. i think im gonna tiger hair the small holes. ive got a few in the cargo area that arnt big enough for me to justify getting metal and welding or screwing it in. tiger hair will solve those. then ill go over the interior one more time in a coat of black rustoleum and then put the new vinyl carpet stuff in. id like to have the doubler done before i get my lift in. so ill be working on that. i think im gonna pick up this other one i saw as i think its the right one. $100 is a good deal i think if it spins and shifts right. ill have the pics in a little bit. so yall can tell me if its the right one. but i think its gonna work.

i love doublers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner97 View Post
    Wooooahhh, I didn't think this was that kinda group man, i'm not like that, you and Matt can do whatever ya like on your time

ok tool. i meant incase its late and we drink too much.

in that case. you get no beer and no food, and you will do most of the work.

thanks

ok tool. i meant incase its late and we drink too much.

in that case. you get no beer and no food, and you will do most of the work.

thanks
    ah hahaha hey btw you do realize that you need about 600 bucks for the adapter and mainshaft for the doubler to mate the 231 and 300 together right?
    94 YJ MTO

oh god dammit. Well I'm still gonna pick it up. I think this months bonus will pay for it haha. We'll see. If I get this bonus and I've already got the stuff I'm picking up this week, it's gonna happen haha. I need to research this thing more

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar
    ^ i agree, i actually think you are getting too carried away....you'll have it for a while...build it slowly.
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

haha. i dunno. i think its the best time. its gonna be Halloween before i order my lift and tires. so i figure ill have time to go ahead and order my locker, get it installed, get the doubler finished, and install it in time for the lift. i mean its just money, and it will be cool as all get out to have, and i want it. its happening

Quote Originally Posted by limegreentj View Post
    ^ i agree, i actually think you are getting too carried away....you'll have it for a while...build it slowly.
    ^ THE TRUTH, Dick just get it in the woods and functional first, then decide whats need doin to be where you want it to be.
    94 YJ MTO

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar
    i see what you are saying, the only thing i think is pretty excessive is the NEED for a doubler....fawk that. its not needed, and its expensive and a pain in the nards. but to each his own
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

Thread Information