Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I want an m4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want an m4

Less posting, more wheeling!

I want an m4

yes. i do. i cant wait to get one.

that is all
    [QUOTE=jackb1;233598]...... but I never stuck my head that close to his pipe to check it out.[/QUOTE]

Smart phone, dumb Wrecker! Wrecker's Avatar
    Got one and building another. But they dont have cool names like shotty.
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

they have cool names like zombie destroyer. i like that a little better.

and i bet the m4 doesnt hate fun
    [QUOTE=jackb1;233598]...... but I never stuck my head that close to his pipe to check it out.[/QUOTE]

I had fun that night. And you can get ejection port covers with that stuff on it FYI.
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

I have one of these uppers, I dropped a few mags though it not bad for the price.

http://www.jsesurplus.com/custom16hb...tandard-2.aspx
    [I]"Its not a bondfire unless you can see if from space"[/I]\
    TJ now with the power of a 5.2L vs 2.5L get same gas mileage....crap.

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    I 2nd the upper quality

Web Wheeler!
    I built one a few years ago, got a Ciener .22lr kit, played with it for a bit, and ultimately got bored with it and sold it for what I had into it.

Unless you like pretending you're Timmy Tactical, they're nothing impressive.
    2000 XJ SE - 3" Rusty's Lift, Full-Length Roof Rack, Manik Brushguard

ok. its official. you are absolutely NO fun.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! jackb1's Avatar
    I was just looking at my notes this morning for my next purchase. I had an M4 for a few months and sold it to pay for something else and have been regretting it ever since. I can't decide on barrel length for my next one but think I have the specs on everything else decided. I like the idea of buying and building as it is so easy a monkey could do it but I just don't trust the quality. Maybe I should. I think I'm going colt this time and I know the downsides.

Are there any places around that actually have a nice selection? Ace only has a limited selection and they're usually lower end and A1. Maybe a gun show coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by Dick.Breakey View Post
    ok. its official. you are absolutely NO fun.
    Your just jealous. I have an M4 and I can drive my XJ. And you would love my shotgun.

Free Frank!

Quote Originally Posted by jackb1 View Post
    I was just looking at my notes this morning for my next purchase. I had an M4 for a few months and sold it to pay for something else and have been regretting it ever since. I can't decide on barrel length for my next one but think I have the specs on everything else decided. I like the idea of buying and building as it is so easy a monkey could do it but I just don't trust the quality. Maybe I should. I think I'm going colt this time and I know the downsides.

Are there any places around that actually have a nice selection? Ace only has a limited selection and they're usually lower end and A1. Maybe a gun show coming up?

well you just missed a pretty decent gun show last weekend. thats where i saw an entire table of them. all ranging from 750-1600/

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecker View Post
    Your just jealous. I have an M4 and I can drive my XJ. And you would love my shotgun.
    i was talking about the very bitter individual who posted above me.

and i will drive mine soon and will have one soon. so im alright

Quote Originally Posted by Dick.Breakey View Post
    well you just missed a pretty decent gun show last weekend. thats where i saw an entire table of them. all ranging from 750-1600/
    I was in a friend's wedding and couldn't sneak away all weekend or I would have gone.

ah i gotch ya. yeah id be pissed if a buddy of mine did that. well maybe not. i guess id only be pissed if i wasnt invited along.

maybe next time

I was actually pretty happy... he intentionally scheduled on a steeler bye-week.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I'll play,I want a Barrett model 95. http://barrett.net/firearms/model95
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gD5vDm_Cx0[/URL]

I wouldn't call what they have low end. Not top of the line either. I've never seen an A1 there though. If you want something high end You are better off building it yourself, at least getting a complete upper and building your lower.

I really like this place, have ordered a few things from them.
    http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/index
    A bad day of wheelin' is still better than a good day at work

You have a jeep, that's so cute so does barbie.

'89 Toyota P/U 3.0 5 speed
    custom bumpers, sliders
    33x13.50 Super Swamper LTB

'03 Dodge Dakota 32" BFG AT DD

Quote Originally Posted by EddyB View Post
    I wouldn't call what they have low end. Not top of the line either. I've never seen an A1 there though. If you want something high end You are better off building it yourself, at least getting a complete upper and building your lower.

I really like this place, have ordered a few things from them.
    http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/index

Maybe low end isn't appropriate, but it isn't anything special. Last time I was there was a few months ago. They had 1 A3 on a .22 and the rest were A1 or 2. I guess it could change over a lot. I just assumed they wouldn't sell that many.

A1- carry handle w/ windage adjustments only on rear sight
    A2- carry handle w/ windage and elevation on rear sight
    A3-Detachable carry handle w/ windage and elevation on rear sight

The way they are hanging on the wall the knobs for detaching the carry handle are against the wall. From a distance it could be hard to tell them apart.

There is nothing wrong with an A2, as long as you are ok running iron sights. There are ways of mounting optics to them, they are just limited and you do not get a good cheek weld with the optic mounted on the carry handle or in front of it.

I have an A2 and like it, Hindsight being 20/20, I would have bought an A3.

They sell a lot of AR's. They are not going to carry high end custom jobs though because of the turn around on an item like that.
    A bad day of wheelin' is still better than a good day at work

You have a jeep, that's so cute so does barbie.

'89 Toyota P/U 3.0 5 speed
    custom bumpers, sliders
    33x13.50 Super Swamper LTB

'03 Dodge Dakota 32" BFG AT DD

Trail Leader
    I just put a lower together from spare parts, S&W MP15 receiver with Daniel Defense parts. Stuck a BCM M4 upper on it, planning on buying an ACOG a little later (unless Santa Claus brings me one).

Less posting, more wheeling! JeepSteeler's Avatar
    Maybe low end isn't appropriate, but it isn't anything special. Last time I was there was a few months ago. They had 1 A3 on a .22 and the rest were A1 or 2. I guess it could change over a lot. I just assumed they wouldn't sell that many.
    Have you checked Sportsmans Supply in Butler? I was up there a few months ago nabbing a new .380 and they had a few back in the corner. You never know what they'll have but at least you can go mess with them and not have to stand behind the counter and ask for one at a time.

I'm debating between the Ruger SR-22 (556 .22 version) or the Sig 522, I might go up soon to see what they have. I know they had a few M&P's and Colts in stock last trip. I don't know too much about the black guns so this might not be useful info at all.

"Freedom is something that dies unless its used" -HST

Quote Originally Posted by JeepSteeler View Post
    Have you checked Sportsmans Supply in Butler? I was up there a few months ago nabbing a new .380 and they had a few back in the corner. You never know what they'll have but at least you can go mess with them and not have to stand behind the counter and ask for one at a time.

I'm debating between the Ruger SR-22 (556 .22 version) or the Sig 522, I might go up soon to see what they have. I know they had a few M&P's and Colts in stock last trip. I don't know too much about the black guns so this might not be useful info at all.
    I get up there about once every month or two. I've never bought anything other than some ammo. They only had a few last time I was there but nothing close to what I want. Sounds like their stock must change a bit. I think they only had one .223 and the colts were all .22

Bult a colt from the start

Quote Originally Posted by rubicon20032003 View Post
    Bult a colt from the start

i like it

Damn what a good thread. I was shooting one this weekend and I have the bug now too.

My question is is it possible to build a flattop carbine for $500?
    Ian

I heart bumpsteer...

1993 YJ, My Jeep's as tall as I am

Thread Information