Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The Castle Doctrine has PASSED!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Castle Doctrine has PASSED!!!

Less posting, more wheeling!
    done, i also called my rep last week to make sure it was brought to the gov's table before the holiday break.

if people are in it for the props, they are in it for the wrong reason. if the locals start the fight, and the nra brings the needed money and muscle, who cares as long as it passes?
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

Trail Leader
    If it wasn't for the NRA's influence, money, and political muscle, most other second amendment groups would have never had a chance to come into existence. This fact escapes a lot of the bedwetters over at PAFOA.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    ^ Thank you.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

Web Wheeler!
    I'd like to take this opportunity to say a few words...

Told you so.
    2000 XJ SE - 3" Rusty's Lift, Full-Length Roof Rack, Manik Brushguard

Smart phone, dumb Wrecker! Wrecker's Avatar
    ^
    So no body should try anything since you said so?

I hear your rock calling you.

The new Gov. has voiced his support for it. So we still have a chance.
    Last edited by Wrecker; 11-29-2010 at 12:05 PM.
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post

Told you so.
    Someone needs to bitchslap you for your own good. You're saying "told you so" because we tried. Really? Wow!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! jackb1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecker View Post
    The Gov. has voiced his support for it. So we still have a chance.
    Thought it was dead: http://www.ammoland.com/2010/11/27/p...islation-dies/

Did I miss something? I hope I did.
    It's not illegal, it's frowned upon.

anything pro second ammendment is a plus in my book....
    5 gears, 2 doors, one crazy nut behind the wheel lol

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Last I read this bill died on the governor's desk.

Maybe this thread jinxed it!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    It wa vetoed on Saturday. Rep. Perry promises to reintroduce early in 2011
    I got this from a PAFOA thread.

Print Email Font Resize

Perry deplores veto, promises Castle Doctrine will be reintroduced

AMANDA DOLASINSKI - The York Dispatch
    Updated: 11/28/2010 08:48:30 PM EST

Rep. Scott Perry said he is disappointed, but not surprised, Gov. Ed Rendell killed his Castle Doctrine legislation Saturday.
    "It's a bill that strengthens Megan's Law, penalties against firearms and people that steal them and allows people to defend themselves - that's what he vetoes," Perry, R-Dillsburg, said. "Gov. Rendell has been against the citizens and citizens' rights in this regard for the past eight years. The governor is really out of step with a vast majority of Pennsylvania."
    Rendell on Saturday vetoed the bill, saying it would escalate violent acts by expanding a person's rights in Pennsylvania to use deadly force in self-defense, even when safe retreat is possible, if feeling threatened outside the person's home.
    Rendell criticized the bill as a dangerous solution to a nonexistent problem that would encourage a "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality.
    "I do not believe that in a civilized society we should encourage violent and deadly confrontation when the victim can safely protect themselves" through retreat, Rendell wrote in his veto message released Saturday. "As keepers of the public trust, we have the solemn duty to protect our citizenry, not put them in harm's way, and to protect the sanctity of human life."
    The veto was one of three bills Rendell rejected Saturday. Perry said there are already plans to re-introduce the bill in the next session.
    "Almost immediately it will be re-introduced," he said. "We did a lot of work on it to get it to what we thought was perfect. We don't see any reason to change it at this time."
    The measure broadening Pennsylvania's so-called Castle Doctrine also would have offered immunity against civil lawsuits to people who could show that they acted within the law's guidelines.
    Under current law in Pennsylvania, the use of deadly force in self-defense is not justifiable when safe retreat is possible, unless a person is attacked in his home or workplace, Rendell said.
    The vetoed bill said, in part, that "no person should be required to surrender his or her personal safety to a criminal, nor should a person be required to needlessly retreat in the face of intrusion or attack outside the person's home or vehicle."
    A number of states have Castle Doctrine laws, although most limit the use of deadly force in self-defense to the home or private property.
    Dauphin County District Attorney Ed Marsico said in a statement Saturday that it's rare that a prosecutor targets people who were legitimately defending themselves. Conversely, prosecutors in states with wider self-defense protections are finding that criminals are exploiting them by making bogus self-defense claims, Marsico said.
    The term-limited Democratic governor, who leaves office Jan. 18, took action on the bill Saturday, the last possible day he could have vetoed it before it was to become law automatically.
    The timing of Rendell's veto left just a tiny opening for lawmakers to reconvene to try to override the veto, which would require a two-thirds majority vote in each chamber before the current Legislature expires at midnight Tuesday. But House Speaker Keith McCall, D-Carbon, has no plans to recall the chamber's members, a spokesman said Saturday.
    The new Legislature is seated in January and the bill can be reintroduced then.
    It passed the Senate, 45-4, in October and the House, 161-35, earlier this month. Republican Gov.-elect Tom Corbett, Pennsylvania's attorney general, has said he would have signed it. The bill was supported by the National Rifle Association but opposed by the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association. Rendell was conflicted about his veto, because the state Senate had packaged the self-defense elements into a wider bill with separate provisions to update the registration requirements of homeless and out-of-state sexual offenders, which he supported. But the maneuver, he said, likely violates a constitutional prohibition against legislation that incorporates more than one subject.
    [quote=OverkillZJ;182503]You poopstick![/quote] [quote=Gibson;183934]i cant get my nut off, my hand is to damn big.[/quote] '94 XJ sport, 4 dr, 4.5" RC lift,and a Logan's front bumper.

Web Wheeler!
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    Someone needs to bitchslap you for your own good. You're saying "told you so" because we tried. Really? Wow!
    Incorrect.

I said I told you so because of the celebratory "The Castle Doctrine has PASSED!!!" and earlier I stated that it's too early to say so. And oh hey, what do you know.

Trail Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post

Told you so.
    Very constructive.

Web Wheeler!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodRN View Post
    Very constructive.
    Ditto.

Thread Information