Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Project: PapaBear - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Project: PapaBear

Trail Leader
    the clutser is officially fully operational! i love how it turned out, and how they calibrate the speedo is awesome. last i knew it was all dip-switches set by trial and error, but tell this thing ot count drive 2 miles, and it's DEAD nutz on with the GPS.

drove to NJ to see Tim's shop and pick up the fenders he bent up for me. huge thanx again to LII! while over that way Melinda and i cought a Rascal Flats concert with Sara Evans and Hunter Hayes in Atlantic City. drove home after, it's 3hours exactly from our seat to home.

to do list:
    Brakes - dodge 2500 master cyl, line-lock, prop valve (have all parts, just gota do it)
    rear fenders (need sheet for the top, mounts, paint)

[URL="http://stuweb.ee.mtu.edu/~marmille/jeep/5-mile.JPG"]YJ: d44/12b(4.56, truetrack/detroit), 2"BDS springs/SOA, d300, 4.6 stroker, cage[/URL]

Its pronounced "6-D.o.F." - "6 Degree's of Freedom"

Trail Leader
    wow ... wtf have i been doing ...

well i have been driving it a little here and there, i couldn't be happier with it. sounds AWESOME, drives smooth, just love it. got new front shocks on, made it a lot better.

the dodge 2500 master is great. brakes are still not ballanced since the rears are so much bigger then the front, but better then with the factory master/prop. once the new front axle/brakes are in she'll be real nice. i cut up the factory prop valve mount to make the mount for the willwood as well. got the line lock wired up for a "parking brake" and all 3 switches are wired to idiot lights on the cluster, but only the line lock is in. (line lock, ARB air compressor, aux lights)

got the cover made for the e-brake hole, good layer of weather stripping under it.

got the mirror brackets functional. i bought the KC windsheild light mounts and added my own mirror bracket b/c i couldn't find any mirror brackets i liked. plus more lights never hurt anyone. i still have some cosmetic touches to make to these, thats why they are only on with the one bolt. but they will pass inspection, so if i can get it done before the move it's all good.

[URL="http://stuweb.ee.mtu.edu/~marmille/jeep/5-mile.JPG"]YJ: d44/12b(4.56, truetrack/detroit), 2"BDS springs/SOA, d300, 4.6 stroker, cage[/URL]

Trail Leader
    and with these, it's "DONE!" obviously a long way to go till it's really done, but this makes it ready for inspection. hopefully here in the next week i can borrow a set of small tires for the pics to send the state, and it'll be daily driving it.

before anyone asks, it'll be a year before i can dive back into working on this thing for stuff like the front axle n cage. planning the wedding is leaving me feeling ... drained.

Trail Leader
    Damn thats nice, that thing looks amazing. Whats the story with your YJ though? Retired now that you have a jeep with a 6.0 or just waiting till you feel the need to bring it out and beat on it?
    97 Ram 2500 V10 5 Spd on 33 ST'S, Intake and Headers soon to be leveled with 4:10s
    99 TJ 4.0 32rh, 231 SYE 2wd low locked 30/35 with 4:10s on 35 KM2
    05 Rubi on 35 STTs-Broken

Trail Leader
    so during all of this, i had to rip the tranny back out and return AAAALLLLL the advance adapters clutch parts. what a POS worthless crap pile of a "kit". GM sold the 6.0 and nv4500 in a stock truck, with both internal and external slave aplications. why the FAWK did they sell me a land rover slave that doesn't FAWKING work?? oh i know, to fit on their pourly engineered bell housing with a bad casting! seriously was bad, the customer service was just as bad too. they tried to help and only made things worse.

i replaced it all with a rusty and used stock GM clutch and internal slave from a freaking 4.8L truck. it hols the power WAY better, tranny shifts WAY better, feels better, is just right. had to grind the AA bell in non-functional area's to fit the slave, but it's awesome. stock Tj master, stock GM internal slave/clutch/flywheel. now i can buy a SPEC stage-3 clutch for the same price as AA pile of crap kustom BS and have a WAAAY better set up.

Trail Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by 97V10MN View Post
    Damn thats nice, that thing looks amazing. Whats the story with your YJ though? Retired now that you have a jeep with a 6.0 or just waiting till you feel the need to bring it out and beat on it?
    thank you! and it is amazing. i love driving thru town 30mph in 5th gear at 900rpm .... chug chug chug chug. it's either that or 6-grand where the sounds just makes me smile like a kid on x-mas morning every time.

the TJ is a DD streetrod and due to time and $$ won't get a real front axle for probably 2 years. new house, wedding, etc. the YJ however i hope to enter in at least one RCrocks comp this year, and full series next year.

the new trail "Afliction" at Rausch is awesome. thats my fiance under the jeep, and it wasn't really that cold.

Trail Leader
    Awesome build and can't wait till ya get it completed. Thanx for all the pics as that docs it well. Think I like the cluster more than anything as thats the way JEEP should have made it in the beginning, but wouldn't get mad if someone dropped in a V8 in mine,,,LOL
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#8b0000]If it has Wheels and involves dirt...I can Break it!!

Red Jeep Club Member #640
    Z.O.R.U. #300[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Trail Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by chux72vette View Post
    Think I like the cluster more than anything...
    thanks! i am real proud of how that cluster came out, it's even better in person. i wanted something clean that looks like it really belonged, but obviously no where near stock.

Quote Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
    ok, so after rounding 2 cam's and blowing a rod thru the block, i got the 3rd 4cyl up and running and she's been doing pretty good. but still only a 4-popper. had one of the tires BLOW out on my way to work a few weeks ago as well, the belts were broken and i was headed to get a new tire that day after work ... still lame.

anyways, lots of new developments.

motor: 2005 6.0 LQ4, 75000 miles, compete changeover package
    car dvd players being shipped in. was on loan to Ian at Extreme4X4 as a display for a show on changeover motors. $1800 after shipping and for the wait a free cable throttle body

Kilby mid width front bumper from scratch-n-dent (installed)
    old used warn rockcrawler rear bumper/swingout (installed)

early bronco 9" w/ spare shafts and 8.8 disk brakes (some assembly required)
    4.56 used gears (in the mail)

Kenwood 6-3/4" component speakers in the soundbar
    Kenwood 5-1/4" component speakers in the dash
    Kenwood 4 channel and 1 channel amps
    Kenwood 10" slimline subs (2 in the mail by accident)
    jvc reciever from my burb

Bestop Sunrider
    tinted window kit
    besttop soft doors

the sound bar is awesome. had to trim some to make the 6-3/4" speaker fit in the 5-1/4" hole. i re-used one screw hole and opened it up from there. then a nice 1-3/4" hole saw for the tweaters while leaving the foam in place. sounds way better, way more sound, can't wait to have front speakers too.

also found this pretty interesting, the windows all zip in and even pop seal in the bottom with the tonneau still in place. i only ever have the windows in place for actual rain, so it's easier this way.

first thing this weekend i set out to make myself a new desk chair for work, turned out awesome i think. i could have put a little more finish work into the bracket, but i wanted to get back to workin on the TJ.

next was actually having front speakers in the TJ, the factory crap just didn't work any more. this is how i got a round speaker in a rectangular hole ... turned out great, but after a test fit it needed a little more trim work. the speaker is centered on the inner of the mounting holes and centered between them. basically need to cut off all other plate around those holes. i didn't look far enough back behind the dash to see where it would hit, and made something that looked similar to the deal i found online and figured she'd be good, NOPE! oh well, they are all set now.

I really liked those speakers and looking to purchase them. Sorry even the thread is old but I need source to purchase them. SO help me?
    Last edited by Densther; 01-29-2013 at 02:20 AM.

This build is awesome that things a beast !
    2002 jeep wranger x
    4 inch rc lift
    35x 12.5 maxxis
    9500 rc winch

SCUBA STEVE KEEPIN EM WET AND SOGGY SINCE 1979!

Trail Leader
    so i ended up moving again and missed updating this thread ... i guess i owe ya'll that much. the jeep has been thru a few different rear diff options, now with a 3.92 and full case Detroit. still 31spline, but i now have external hub front spindle out to put on the rear when i go 35. jeep now has almost 5000 miles on it, and still treating me great. there's nothing quite like lifting a tire going around someone with a jeep!!

teaching the old dog n new pup to play nice together while measure for new rear shocks.

just getting the old d60 parts prepped. we have a sandblasting cabinet here at work they let me use, stuff turned out great.

Brow Santa delivered a little wheeler bling for me too. Still not sure when I'll finally start building the front axle.

Trail Leader
    also went with a new bumper. brand new company, all new stuff to the market. i really like the light mount ... opinions?

i put the front on so far, plan to get the rear here pretty soon too.

Last edited by 6DoF; 12-16-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
    also went with a new bumper. brand new company, all new stuff to the market. i really like the light mount ... opinions?

i put the front on so far, plan to get the rear here pretty soon too.
    i did pretty much the same fairlead mounted light setup. I run a double row though
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Trail Leader
    last winter i took the YJ apart to rebuild, didn't get finished, and ended up building a whole new deck this summer among other things. so i'm FINALLY back to the YJ now. it will be ready for spring!!

Thread Information