Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Project: PapaBear - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: PapaBear

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    looks good man
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Trail Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002wranglerX View Post
    looks good man
    No, these look good
    [URL="http://stuweb.ee.mtu.edu/~marmille/jeep/5-mile.JPG"]YJ: d44/12b(4.56, truetrack/detroit), 2"BDS springs/SOA, d300, 4.6 stroker, cage[/URL]

Its pronounced "6-D.o.F." - "6 Degree's of Freedom"

Ragnorox has those on his YJ, they are frickin awesome!
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Got them! Love them!

trailphotos.ragnorox.com
    A wise man once said: "Fighting on the internet is like the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded."
    "I just don't get all the hype over it. If it doesn't make me a sammich or go down on me, I'm not going to rant and rave about it."
    -OverkillZJ

Quote Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
    No, these look good
    Im not at all a fan for the$ ... they're kinda played out... kinda like the altezzas of the jeep world

Trail Leader
    Foe the deal I got, no way I was passing up the sexy bling. Plus, I've never seen a set in person, so most ppl haven't.
    [URL="http://stuweb.ee.mtu.edu/~marmille/jeep/5-mile.JPG"]YJ: d44/12b(4.56, truetrack/detroit), 2"BDS springs/SOA, d300, 4.6 stroker, cage[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by 2002wranglerX View Post
    Im not at all a fan for the$ ... they're kinda played out... kinda like the altezzas of the jeep world
    !?!?!?......Really....Thats funny, Other than my heep I have never seen another with them! And don't see how these pucks are played out they are pretty new to the market.
    Last edited by Ragnorox; 02-24-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    trailphotos.ragnorox.com
    A wise man once said: "Fighting on the internet is like the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded."
    "I just don't get all the hype over it. If it doesn't make me a sammich or go down on me, I'm not going to rant and rave about it."
    -OverkillZJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorox View Post
    !?!?!?......Really....Thats funny, Other than my heep I have never seen another with them! And don't see how these pucks are played out they are pretty new to the market.
    They've been out for a long time. 3 years ago my black tj had em. The reverse lights in them aren't bright enough and they don't justify the cost. Im not a fan. I took em off and sold them and put normal led's in.

They're big in the jk world. Everyone that does leds does these.

Less posting, more wheeling! MemorEsto's Avatar
    I thought about getting them once.... but they are pricey and my buddies Reverse burned out on them. Better off buying flush brake and reverse LED's
    Acer Offroad A♦A♣A♠A♥

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorox View Post

don't know about the played out part, but yeah those have been on the market for well over 5 years. oro used to be the only ones who made them. and yeah way to pricy for me
    "When your god gives you lemons... you find a new god!"

Well I got mine for free, my nephew works in the marketing department for the manufacturer and for not being bright enough, they are brighter than the OEM ones! Hell the reverse lights are brighter than either my truck or Passat! And pretty damn tough also they have taken a beating in the last year or so, more than a few whacks from trees. I agree for the money I wouldn't have bought them, money better spent else where on the jeep but I won't knock them on quality thats for sure. and the new ones are pretty damn bright
    Last edited by Ragnorox; 02-24-2011 at 05:59 PM.
    trailphotos.ragnorox.com
    -OverkillZJ

Trail Leader
    Timmay said the brackets should ship early next week! Tank and LEDs will be here Tuesday, still no word on the ETA for the axle jig. Delay on the d300 rebuild kit and 29 spline input, no ETA. I need to order bearing ends for the axle, t-bolts, n a yoke here soon too.

One shall never doubt the power of the Timmay!

Trail Leader
    well, i made some progress but not as much as hoped. i had to fix my sisters friend's jeep, had that grand cherokee brake light issue. also had to paint and install a new drivers mirror on my cuz's VW golf.

got the stock fenders all cut up, and the inners welded to the tube fenders. i THINK i have enough sheet to cover the tops of the fenders, but i need to buy all the sheet to cover the flares.

brackets are cut for the rear suspension!! Timmay also did some up-selling and is sending me plates to make the motor mounts out of as well. that'll save me some good time later on. i wish he had a lathe to build my axle jig too ... it's been 2 weeks and the guy still hasn't even cost estimated it!!

Trail Leader
    so after the 6 more plates that Tim talked me into for motor mounts, and the addition of shipping (37) 1/4" plates ... he still came in less then 1/3 what the local place wanted!! plus he felt the need to apologize b/c it wasn't a 24hour turn around, was 3 days including the weekend vs 2-3 week estimated local. BTW, the generic frame mounts that everyone thinks mine look like and was stupid for not using are $200 for the pair. my entire bracket set AND motor mounts cost me $209 shipped.

this is why i wear an LII (liquid iron industries) hat every day!

now if i could just get my d300 rebuild kit and 29spline input ...
    Last edited by 6DoF; 02-28-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Trail Leader

Good god are those plates nice... LII gets my seal of approval
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Those inner fenders don't look yellow hahaha. Guess you're going to use the ones you got of me for the next project. Nice project you have going, looks like a lot of work but worth it. Can't wait to see it finished.

Trail Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner97 View Post
    Good god are those plates nice... LII gets my seal of approval
    i can't wait til they get here! i'll get some good close up pics as i assemble everything. i try and get everything i can thru Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by fmlyof4whlrs View Post
    Those inner fenders don't look yellow hahaha. Guess you're going to use the ones you got of me for the next project. Nice project you have going, looks like a lot of work but worth it. Can't wait to see it finished.
    haha, yeah. i actually had to stop cutting up the red ones to come get the yellow ones. i sold my cherry stock fenders with all lights and flare for cash + a set i could cut up. just in case the other fenders didn't happen i lined up yours as a possible, and yeah, will be saved for my dad's jeep. that is ... if he gets one. after a year for research and trying to find the perfect TJ, he happened across a 1970 'Cuda and got a little side tracked.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    At least he didn't drop the jeep for a pimped out civic haha.

Trail Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by fmlyof4whlrs View Post
    At least he didn't drop the jeep for a pimped out civic haha.
    ??

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I was just saying if I wasn't into Jeep it would be old muscle cars like a cuda. Your dad was side tracked by something cool is all.

Trail Leader
    OOHHHH!!!! haha, i totally forgot about writing that. but yeah, he's oldschool. to the point that if he gets a new camaro he wants a blower thru the hood n cherry bomb mufflers. i keep shaking my head at that one ...

Trail Leader
    well today was x-mas by brown santa! gas tank, brackets, LED turn signals, LED tail lights, hydraulic flaring tool all showed up!

yesterday i got a little more fender work done ... still more to go. should suck in more at the top once it's actually bolted in, plus the shadow makes it look like way more then it is.

timmay even includes a little bag of cookies with any order from his shop! nothing like opening all the goodness with included munches, good thing i opened the brackets first!

and screw storing all this crap, scrap is up right now!
    Last edited by 6DoF; 03-01-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Trail Leader
    picked up what should be the last of the steel for my fenders, flares, n rear suspension tonight. summit order showed up with the brake prop valve n line lock. got a message from Timmay that he was working with Advance Adapters to try for a better price on their d300 parts since JB Conversion's service turned lame-duck. there really is no better customer service then Liquid Iron Industries. i really need to get the parts list together of exactly everything i need from AA and make it one big order. never fails i need just a few parts without the kit and can't find the part numbers ... gota call em here this week some time.

now i just gota decide what to work on tonight ... logic says i need to finish the fenders n be done then move on to the rear axle, but that damn gitty little kid wants to start fitting brackets something BAD.

Trail Leader
    Passenger side tonight ... these didn't take long to build, but got streatch way out. Glad they will finally be done!

Thread Information