Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Views on these Handguns - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Views on these Handguns

Less posting, more wheeling! JeepSteeler's Avatar
    I've shot the XDM.45, and I like it.

Haven't shot that particular Ruger but have shot the SR9 and SR9c, their autos these days seem really solid.

Between the two, the Ruger is a bit shorter and lighter unloaded. But you give up some capacity.

Tough decision between the two, would come down to which was more comfortable to me. XDM will be more supported in the aftermarket, I like the looks of the Ruger better.

Looking outside of those two just for sh*ts and giggles....

More $ but I have my eye on this .45: http://www.kimberamerica.com/product...y/ultratle_II/

I shot this HK .45 a few weeks ago at my camp, my buddy just bought it and this was its first run, it was impressive but again is more $: http://www.hk-usa.com/military_produ...45_general.asp It was really freakin accurate.

"Freedom is something that dies unless its used" -HST

I have shot the S&W M&P in both .40 and 9mm, same with the Glock and Smith Sigma. Didn't like the glock or the sigma at all.

I bought the XDm .45 over the summer and love it! Got it over in Rockwood at Hoover Outfitters. Not far from you Mark and a hell of a lot cheaper than Johnsons and Gander Mountain. Plus it's a nice store with lots of eye candy from the gun world.
    72 Jeep Commando, 401, Auto, Swampers, Locked...

Trail Leader
    The department I work for issues the Glock 31, and I carry one while working, so I'm very familiar with the Glock and it's performance in the field. I have a 9mm XD, and enjoy shooting it, and I have fired the Smith and Wesson M&P as well. The XD/M&P are basically both Glock knock-offs. Both improved on the Glock in some areas, and fell short in others. Any one of them would be a safe choice. If you are an LEO, EMT, Firefighter, or reservist, Glock will sell you a handgun at the individual officer price (slightly over 400.00 w/ 3 magazines). My XD was used, so I have no idea what they are going for.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    My buddy loves Glock, every time I have fired its jammed, my personal opinion is they are junk I know they are not but to me they feel that way. I have a ruger p89 and love it to death it was the first handgun I ever bought it feels perfect in my hand and has been dead nuts accurate and reliable. When I buy a gun the only thing I really care about is the feel and its a good make. Ruger, Springfield, Smith & Wesson, Sig, Glock are all good names some better than ever. I don't really care I have fired 1000s of rounds thru my Ruger and it has never jammed, Marc try em out feel them and buy the one you like the best I would shy away from the .357 simply based on the cost of ammo. I don't think you could go wrong with the the XD or Ruger.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

ah ok. isnt there a way to shoot before you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorox View Post
    No dick, that why I am asking for opinions. Thanks Bill I am leaning towards the XD, seems to be a popular one. plenty of after market options. accurate and reliable.
    Going to go shoot one here in the near future.
    [QUOTE=jackb1;233598]...... but I never stuck my head that close to his pipe to check it out.[/QUOTE]

yeah Dick I am going to try the XD and the Ruger.
    trailphotos.ragnorox.com
    A wise man once said: "Fighting on the internet is like the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded."
    "I just don't get all the hype over it. If it doesn't make me a sammich or go down on me, I'm not going to rant and rave about it."
    -OverkillZJ

cool. do the gun stores let you shoot before you buy? or do you just know someone with them?
    [QUOTE=jackb1;233598]...... but I never stuck my head that close to his pipe to check it out.[/QUOTE]

couple members here
    trailphotos.ragnorox.com
    A wise man once said: "Fighting on the internet is like the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded."
    "I just don't get all the hype over it. If it doesn't make me a sammich or go down on me, I'm not going to rant and rave about it."
    -OverkillZJ

I have an xdm and love it. Its a 9 not 45. Honestly go with which ever feels most comfortable for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wozz View Post
    Honestly go with which ever feels most comfortable for you.
    this is why i was asking if you had shot them before. i second this. let us know which one you decide on when you do!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

That is all........
    Hollow points...........when you care enough to send the very best.

Moderator of the DeeDeeDees! Bill's Avatar
    Nice Jeff
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Call of Duty Special Ops Edition (De-badged)

"The two most common elements in the universe are nitrogen and stupidity."

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I do not rec the XDM for carry, esp for the summer. Look into the XDsc40 or 9mm, they are great shooting pistols,world of acessories and with a good IWB holster you can wear a t-shirt with no printing. The XDM is a little big for CC. Check out XDtalk.com if yo uare intersted and if you decide to go that route i rec a Don Hume IWB holster or a Supertuck. Rugers warrent service sucks and if something happens you will wait weeks for a turn around,XD on the other hand has great customer service.
    Karma...... you will get it sooner than you think...

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    I disagree with sleeper. My XD45 at a 1-2 o clock cant on my right hip barely prints. It's a per person thing.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    I don't think you'd notice it printing on Mark since he is a bigger guy, same goes with you Josh, or even me for that matter, my Ruger shows but its a fullsize service pistol LOL
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    I disagree with sleeper. My XD45 at a 1-2 o clock cant on my right hip barely prints. It's a per person thing.
    Josh, i was referring to the XDm which is a little longer and wider then the reg XD's. But you are correct, for each person it is different. With the XDsc and basic tight t-shirt you cannot see a xdsc with pierce grip extension on someone like me for instance (6.1'' 200#'s).
    Karma...... you will get it sooner than you think...

Less posting, more wheeling! JeepSteeler's Avatar
    I had a fine customer service experience with Ruger. Stuff like that can very widely depending on who answers the phone IMHO. I"ve had sh*tty service from S&W, and great service from them too. Just sayin...

"Freedom is something that dies unless its used" -HST

When I carry, I prefer shoulder holster but again that is because I have always carried a big ass 44. I look forward to a lighter more manageable side arm.
    trailphotos.ragnorox.com
    -OverkillZJ

any of the three you have listed are fine choices...you really need to go somewhere you can shoot them and check out concelment stuff to see whats best for YOU...

I will admit it is a little different for me because I shoot lefty...I have bought more than one pistol that I quickly sold because i didnt like how they shot...one was a $950 sig...another was $300 tarus...

I also dont like to CC a high dollar pistol...my most common CC is a .380 PPK...I've never carried my kimber...

I shoot left or right but predominately right.
    trailphotos.ragnorox.com
    -OverkillZJ

Change your grip, you should be shooting on target lol
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

Trail Leader
    I just got the springfield Xd 40 subcomp. I love it. I got an amazing deal on it at ace sporting goods. It the perfect car gun in the fact that its not as bulky as all of my buddys glocks and what not but it still shoots smooth and have very little recoil for the short 3 inch barrel. Would def recommend to anybody looking for a carry gun that isnt a 9mm.
    [CENTER]90 JEEP YJ, 3 1/2 lift, [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]31x10.50x15 mudders, Snorkel, [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]OBA setup, [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Front rock crawler bumper[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by 90LiftedYJ View Post
    I just got the springfield Xd 40 subcomp. I love it. I got an amazing deal on it at ace sporting goods. It the perfect car gun in the fact that its not as bulky as all of my buddys glocks and what not but it still shoots smooth and have very little recoil for the short 3 inch barrel. Would def recommend to anybody looking for a carry gun that isnt a 9mm.

Did you buy it used? I wonder if it was mine.
    A bad day of wheelin' is still better than a good day at work

You have a jeep, that's so cute so does barbie.

'89 Toyota P/U 3.0 5 speed
    custom bumpers, sliders
    33x13.50 Super Swamper LTB

'03 Dodge Dakota 32" BFG AT DD

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    i love my Ruger SR9. 17+1 round if they offered this in a 45 i would get that too. i conceal mine well with a leather slip in style belt holster. i am not skinny but not large either. i can't conceal my 357 other then a shoulder holster
    only thing about the ruger i dont like is the trigger pull. .... wish it was lighter. other then that .... very nice well designed gun for the price. it in no comparasion to a kimberly or some of the other high dollar 1911's. but by far the best 9mm i ever shot. never had a jam up like with the glock did for me.

just my 2 cents on the sr9
    OFFROAD
    1988 cherokee chief 4.0 inline 6
    locked front and rear
    35x12.5 r 15
    8.5'' lift

TOW RIG
    1994 chevy 3500 dually
    5.7l 454
    auto trans
    4x4 manual shift

Trail Leader
    It seems like there's not too many Glock fans here. I have 2, a 17 that was my first and in the spring I bought a 30SF. I absolutely love them and my new .45 shoots excellent. I've also put thousands of rounds thru the 9mm and maybe 500 thru the .45 without a single jam. But then again I'm kinda anal about cleaning my firearms. Back on topic though. I personally like the look and feel of the XD's but have yet to shot one. You seem to know whats up so I'd say try and shoot'em and you'll know which is best. And if anyone ever wants to try a Glock, mine are always up for some range time.
    -1988 Suzuki Samurai--4 Skwirls--SOA--High Steer--The New Woods Beater!!!
    -2003 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD--3.4L--5 speed--285's--rear e-locker
    -2005 Nissan Xterra Off Road--4.0L--6 speed--Shrockworks Bumper--Wife's Ride

Thread Information