Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Starting on the tons
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting on the tons

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!

Starting on the tons

Finally got My truss the other day. Just a little bit of trimming and clearancing to get it on there level.

T&T makes some nice stuff. Looks pretty damn tuff, and all of the welds look great.

Now I just have to get it burned on there and get started making the new longer arms. Ill post more pics as I go
    Last edited by tjblair; 12-16-2010 at 08:13 PM.
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

sorry forgot to resize.LOL
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

Less posting, more wheeling! MemorEsto's Avatar
    I've been considering the TNT truss, but by the time you add all the extra stuff like track bar, UCA, buckets......they are pricey. Stout wise I think they are the best out there.
    Acer Offroad A♦A♣A♠A♥

Yah they aren't cheap. But if you consider all the time saved measuring and figuring out where to put the uca, trackbar mounts and spring buckets. Its worth the money IMO. I was also able to have them mount the spring buckets behind the axel center line. Which should gain me about 4in of stretch without toutching the upper spring mounts.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Glad to see you started. I knew it wouldn't take long after this summer of mishaps.

Haha. Mishaps

No more broken axles!
    72 Jeep Commando, 401, Auto, Swampers, Locked...

Jeff those pics are a thousand times better than a pic in a txt message LOL This thing is goin to be nuts. I saw the front axle last week and you just don't grasp how nice and stout a 60 is until you have it and a 30 to compare side by side
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

Less posting, more wheeling!
    niiiice!
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

PghOffRoad Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tjblair View Post
    I was also able to have them mount the spring buckets behind the axel center line. Which should gain me about 4in of stretch without toutching the upper spring mounts.
    That is sweet. I never thought of that with the truss. Will you have to change up your steering with the axle 4" forward or are you going hydro?
    '99 TJ

Full hydro. Also not cheap, but much easier.

PghOffRoad Regular
    looks good Jeff let me know if you need a hand anytime. You have hysteer arm yet? I may be have my PS forsale soon.

Thanks Pete, I have balistic hysteer arms already. I will be in toutch.LOL

Very cool. How are the LCA's going to mount? Even with the axle tube, I hope. Are you going with a true 4-link or are you doing a radius arm setup?
    [URL="http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7670"][/URL]

Dont you work at an offroad shop? why not fab your own stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    Very cool. How are the LCA's going to mount? Even with the axle tube, I hope. Are you going with a true 4-link or are you doing a radius arm setup?
    Thanks, and yah I plan on having the LCA mounts even with the axel tube. I am going to go with a radius arm (or y-link), again because it is going to be easier for me.

Quote Originally Posted by red6rubicon View Post
    Dont you work at an offroad shop? why not fab your own stuff?
    yes I do. I guess Im lazy.

So what's happening to your stock axles? Parting them out?

Today I started with some practice welds, because it has been a while since I welded with solid wire and gas.

I got it all burned on, it took a little while because I had to wait for it to cool down inbetween welds. then I primered and painted. Im pretty happy with how it turned out.

Now I am waiting for balistic joints. when They get here I will have some more pics.

Quote Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post
    So what's happening to your stock axles? Parting them out?
    I think that a friend is going to buy them to swap into his tj. It should be a decent upgrade for him since mine are already geared to 4:10 and locked front and rear.

i hope ballistic comes through for ya... i waited a coons age for some stupid tabs from them. lookin good, youre gonna love the 60's. what gear and tire are you planning on running?
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

4:10 for now until I get the funds to regear.( hopefully regear next winter) I think that the 4:10's will be alright for a little while. Remember I have the doubler. we will see the 4:10 's MAY be alright with the 7:1 doubler. If not Ill most likely drop down into the 5's somewhere.
    As for the tires I'm not sure yet, I would really like to get some of the new Claws but I'm not sure if they will be out in time. probably 39-40 maybe 42's

PghOffRoad Regular
    hey jeff make sure you phase the axle shaft u joint with each other or it will steer like s--t with that spool. What are you doing for a rear locker?

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Send those Ballistic joints back where you got them! They ****ing suck balls. Every single one of mine got way loose after two rides AND had all the chrome flake of the center ball. Get the currie JJ instead.

And seriously, claws? There are so much better tires out there, it's not even funny. Even Icants (Iroks) are better than those.
    Something catchy goes here.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    hey jeff make sure you phase the axle shaft u joint with each other or it will steer like s--t with that spool. What are you doing for a rear locker?
    Yup, we talked about that at the shop remember? And I will probably be doing a spool in the rear for now too unless I find a smokin deal on an e-locker or ARB.

Thread Information