Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Starting on the tons - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting on the tons

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick.Breakey View Post
    i have actually heard nothing but good things about them. they seem to stick to everything. very pliable being bias ply. the owner of 4x4groupbuy.com runs them on everything and then ive seen them(along with the new claw) on extreme 4x4 and ian was raving about the rocker there too. if they wernt 13.5" wide i probably would have ran them on my rig when i was building it. i might still get them when i get to Texas, cause i dont have to worry about flares. and its just a ridiculous looking tread pattern haha
    i've heard murph didn't like them on his jeep.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Less posting, more wheeling!
    I'm assuming that's the guy. But I dunno. I heard he loves them from one of the guys he went to jeepfest with.
    [QUOTE=jackb1;233598]...... but I never stuck my head that close to his pipe to check it out.[/QUOTE]

Glad I can get everyone so into my build lol.

I talked to Ramsey at Ruff Stuff yesterday, he quoted me a great price on their heat treated, cryo treated heims I am thinking that is the route that I will go. Im still a little worried about what their lifespan will be. I know that they are going to get bathed in mud every time im out. But I have been running non cryo treated heims on my steering for almost two years now, and they are still in pretty damn good shape. I think that if I keep them sprayed down with some white lyth they should hold up ok.

As far as the tires. I only personally know one person running the rockers. From what I've seen they have a really stiff sidewall. The guy I know that is running them only had about two trips on them, so they might have just needed broken in. But they still performed very well. I have run the radial claws for the last three years and I have been happy with their performance. The only complaint I have is that the sidewalks are a little weak. But the softer sidewalks also let's them flex really well. I still would like to give the new design a try. And like I said before M/T is a supporter of the offroad park so I would like to support them. No I really don't care what any one person thinks. Some people just don't like Mickeys. Just like I don't like BFG's. My old claws went everywhere I wanted them to. With the new design and the tougher sidewall, and going from radial to bias I can't see them not performing well for me. Its probably going to come down to if the claws are out in time. If not I will most likley go with the rockers.

Thanks for all the intrest guys
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    RSS is good people. Those heims should be fine, especially if you aren't dd'ing it. They'll last longer than you think. Cartridge joints are no fun in the slop. It's a bitch to get them cleaned out well.

As for BFG vs. MT, I don't touch mud unless it's on the race course. Even then, I avoid it. I won't run a non-sticky tire, and BFG has the track record to earn my bucks. If you see mud and want the MT, go for it.

And 2K, fawk off. And congrats on the kid.
    Something catchy goes here.

Quote Originally Posted by tjblair View Post
    Glad I can get everyone so into my build lol.

Thanks for all the intrest guys
    this is the only thread related to 4 wheelin lately...

run what you like. tires are like ford chevy, dodge etc. its all in what works for ya. (except thornbird) i had iroks and they worked awesome for me, i like the creepies i have now better, but thats in a whole different league. when i was broke i had some damn near worn out 35" wild country rvts and they went great.
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

Trail Leader
    i had some damn near worn out 35" wild country rvts and they went great
    It seems the older and balder the tires the better they seem to go haha.

Quote Originally Posted by justin'sbig7 View Post
    this is the only thread related to 4 wheelin lately...
    unless you want to read gibson's threads giving xj advice
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

^ hahahaha 10-4!
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

Web Wheeler!
    If you get the Ruff Stuff joints let us know how you like them. I've ordered some stuff from them in the past and have been really happy with their parts and service. I've been thinking about getting some stuff from them to redo the 4 link on my buggy.

Looks good so far. Keep it up.
    06 Jeep Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by James 7n7 View Post
    Thanks man, Im hoping to have it ready for this summers events, so long as I can get all of the funds together.
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

Quote Originally Posted by James 7n7 View Post
    If you get the Ruff Stuff joints let us know how you like them. I've ordered some stuff from them in the past and have been really happy with their parts and service. I've been thinking about getting some stuff from them to redo the 4 link on my buggy.

i have a few of their heims on my rig. still holding up like day one and they have lasted longer than other no name heims i have run
    F T W

What are the plans for front shafts?
    [URL="http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7670"][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    What are the plans for front shafts?
    Stock for now. Ill upgrade them as needed.

hey, not sure if you ordered anything yet, but ruff stuff is having a 20% off sale this week only. good time to buy if you can, just figured id give you a heads up. the redemption code is "yearend"
    F T W

Thanks man, I hadn't seen that but I was planning on ordering some stuff this week. Man talk about good timing.

Web Wheeler!
    Yea, thats a killer deal. I'm ordering all my stuff from them this week too.
    06 Jeep Unlimited

Ordered all the heims for the front end. Anyone ordering ask for Ramsey. (Great guy)
    http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...roducts_id=381
    Last edited by tjblair; 12-29-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Just got them today. Pretty Damn beefy too.

Geez those are massive haha
    94 YJ MTO

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Awesome...

Shweet!
    Heat the hole freeze the shaft

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner97 View Post
    Geez those are massive

that's what she said
    "When your god gives you lemons... you find a new god!"

haha
    94 YJ MTO

Got a little more done today. I finished up the lower link pockets. They are 1/4 on the sides and have a 3/8 skid on the bottom. they now hang straight off the back of the axel rather than hanging down. I am just mocking it up with the old BDS long arms, to see if he length was going to change. amazingly it worked out that I didn't need to change the length at all . so hopefully I should be able to have all the links finished up by the end of the weekend.

Looks like some good progress Jeff.

The next time you have it out from under the jeep or have some extra time, you might want to throw some more steel on the pass. side upper mount. Not sure (and you might have said earlier) if your running a 3 Link, True 4 Link, or Radius arm, but regardless id beef up that mount a little more. Theres been alot of guys on NAXJA that have bent the hell out of that mount.

Thread Information