Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Opinions... Thinking about buying.

Thread: Opinions... Thinking about buying.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

Opinions... Thinking about buying.

LIFTED WRANGLER (1074 views) Share |
    02:22 pm, 19 February, 2011
    Asking Price: $3,300.00 For Sale: FOR SALE 1994 JEEP WRANGLER, 2.5 4 CYLINDER 5 SPEED.4 INCH SUSP LIFT 3 INCH BODY LIFT,RUNS GREAT 4WHEEL DRIVE WORKS GREAT,8000 POUND WINCH, JACK MOUNTED ON HOOD ALUMINUM WHEELS WITH 33-12.50-15 BOGGERS WITH ABOUT HALF TREAD,131,000 MILES, MAY TAKE GUNS AS PARTIAL TRADE..EMAIL OR TEXT OR CALL 814-762-2554 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 814-762-2554 end_of_the_skype_highlighting $3,300 inspected till octoberemail the seller Member since
    January 13, 2009See Other Ads by the seller

Thinking about making an offer. I was just wondering though how gutless this thing would be with a four banger turning the wheels. Woud it pull a trailer with a 4wheeler on it? Looking for all your opinions and thoughts.
    CrazyAsianofPa

94 YJ on 33s. Welded rear, gutless 4 banger 5 speed, but a helluva lot of fun.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I'm going to bet that has stock axles under it and with those tires it will be a dog, those are heavy tires on an underpowered rig. If you swap to 4.88 gears it will be able to pull a small trailer w/ a wheeler. I would be concerned about the d35 in the rear running boggers.
    I'm not completely worthless, I can always serve as a bad example.

[COLOR=red]Every time I walk into a singles bar I think of my mom's wise words, "Don't pick that up, you don't know where it's been." [/COLOR]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Just talked to the guy. Willing to take 3 grand for it. He did say that it's a little underpowered on the hills but it'll drive 60-65 with no problem in 4th gear. He said 5th gear is to high for the higher speeds. He said I'd be doing some shifting on my nice 34 mile one way trip to work and back. For being 17 years old though, he said it doesn't smoke, leak fluids, and has very little rust.
    CrazyAsianofPa

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I ran 34 LTB's w/ stock gearing on my '95 and his discription is a little missleading, you will use 4th down hill and be screaming 3rd to hit 65 on flat ground and slowing to 60 or less on uphills. I ran to Wellsville from Erie a couple times set-up that way and it was tireing listening to the motor turn that much and to keep having to shift every time the road looks like it might go uphill or a bird in front of you flaps it's wings in your direction. And this was going down rt 11 in Ohio which is mostly flat I couldn't imagine trying to DD that set-up in the hills around PGH. Now you could toss a set of 31's(or smaller) on it for street use and save the 33's for the trail and it won't be bad.

[COLOR=red]Every time I walk into a singles bar I think of my mom's wise words, "Don't pick that up, you don't know where it's been." [/COLOR]

Less posting, more wheeling! JeepSteeler's Avatar
    70 miles a day with that setup will drive you insane, both from the noise, ride, lack of power, and what has to be fairly horrific fuel economy IMHO. Granted you move down to 31's like DodgeMudder said and maybe drop the body lift it may not be too bad.

"Freedom is something that dies unless its used" -HST

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Bought it. Got it for 3 grand. A little under powered. It was in Clearfield and if anybody knows I80 out of Clearfield, it's along hill climb back up to the Pennfield exit. Kept it in 4th the whole way up it and was able to keep right around 60 the whole time. Jeep is in great shape, a tiny bit of rust on the bottom of the rear door but nowhere else. Solid and pretty much rustless frame, no fluid leaks, drives straight as an arrow, no weird clunking or other unsual noises.
    CrazyAsianofPa

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Good man. Bet your happy to be back in a Jeep!
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Nice to be back in the jeep but I found out this morning just how gutless a 4banger is. I stalled it about 4 or 5 times just in my back alley where there's about 10 or 12 inches of untouched/unplowed snow. Hope I didn't make a mistake buying it. Come on spring/summer so I can take the top off. Hopefully that will make it all better.
    CrazyAsianofPa

I'm jealous that my subtible is lame.
    Glad to see your back in a Heep boss. I hope this one works out for you

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Find a cheap set of DD tires for it in a smaller size and save the Bogggers for trail, they are going to wear really fast on road, and you will be much happier w/ the Jeep, keep the boggers around for when your in low range.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    What he said
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    x3, I was disappointed in how bad 29" all seasons looked on my DD yota, but they were free and probably the best thing I could have done for street use.
    1984 Scrambler - On the road again
    1984 Toyota pickup - Rust
    1985 Toyota pickup - More rust
    1990 Toyota pickup - Less rust, more blown timing chain

Less posting, more wheeling!
    How about some pictures?

Less posting, more wheeling! JeepSteeler's Avatar
    Congrat's man! I know you've been wanting to get back in a Jeep for a long time. Hope to see ya around on here a lot more.

"Freedom is something that dies unless its used" -HST

Trail Leader
    5.88 gears, anyone???
    Originally Posted by [B]skeebs[/B]
    [I]there should be specific criteria people must meet in order to purchase a jeep

[/I][QUOTE=mangotango;227621]^^^Gettin' laid in the shower and you're complaining about the water? Really?
    That's like having someone give you a million bucks and complaining about the color of the check.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=dan58;233662]The ugly as hell police says illegal.[/QUOTE]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Thanks everyone, yeah it sure is nice to be back in a Jeep. This is my 1st Wrangler though after having 3 cherokees. 5.88 gears? I was thinking someone said 4.88's. There's a set of yukon 4.88's on pennswoods for 75 bucks. What would labor costs be around to get em installed, anybody know? I was thinking of seeing if anybody wanted to swap tires. I don't need these overly aggressive TSL's. I'm not going to be doing any hardcore wheeling, just your "throw you kids in the back on a nice day and do some trail riding" thing. No rock crawling in my future. I really don't want to go to AT's but thought maybe an off-brand mudder might do.
    CrazyAsianofPa

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I need to get that ridge runners sticker off so I can put a Pgh-Offroad one in it's place. Figure a hairdryer and air chisel will get it off.

Last edited by crazyasianofpa; 02-23-2011 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Added pics.
    CrazyAsianofPa

Thread Information