Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Anyone here in to these sorta tings??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here in to these sorta tings??

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

Anyone here in to these sorta tings??

i live in an area where quads an dirtbikes on the main roads are the norm. ask Lovasz, there are so many trails around here, you can get lost very easily...
    so this is mine. i got it last year with a snapped timing chain for $1200. since i was inside the motor anyway, i put in a HotCams Stage 1 Cam an a wiseco timing chain. it was already bored to a 680, the cam woke up the thing... ive never riddin another quad with this much torque before. so here it is 2001 Yamaha Raptor 660R LE, hotcams, wiseco stuff, DID X-Gold chain, stock sprockets, RAZR holeshots, bent DG front bumper, tusk nerf bars, FULL pro armour skid plates front to back, bunches o battle scars from previous owner rolling down a 84 ft cliff........... twice... hint: thats what broke said timing chain.... teehee sry for the crappy cell pic, its from the PO, but looks a lil better now

the only time i raced it against another quad (drag style) is against a LTR450 and a 350 Banshee, both of them thought i had nitrous on the damn thing... it hauls tail... baha
    i actually got offered to trade this for a 2002 Jeep WJ Limited 4.7 HO.. i would've had it not had 234K miles on it...

anyone else got quads or sick bikes? anyone in this area that likes to go ride?
    99 WJ 4.7, 545RFE, 247 - BB on 30s
    95 ZJ 5.2, 46RH, 249 - BB on 32" BFG MT
    02 WJ 4.7HO, 545RFE, 247 - stock but breaks the tires loose on the 1-2 shift

Less posting, more wheeling!
    i got a warrior and im lookin to buy a cheap beater 125 soon.
    03 s10 4x4
    89 irocz mullet mobile
    90 miata v8 project

I used to run a built Honda 416 with a ton of work into it. I was never a fan of Raptors for anything other then flat out running your buddies in a straight line but they are quick for sure.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!

Thats my sweetheart. 78 RM250. She sings quite the tune, one of the faster old school two strokes i've ever ridden. Air cooled, remote resi dual coilovers out back, front air fork. Gonna get new side plastics for it someone painted them red for some unknown reason. Got the original aluminum tank, no dents. Waiting on a shifter for it and a new air filter from JeepGeneral at Hillview and she'll be back in business. Also need to eventually get tires and tubes for it before too long here...
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

This is my youngest brother's bike. He's on here as hondarider2000 or something, never posts. CR125, built way up. Bought it like this off a good friend of mine and is now carrying on his tradition. One of the fastest 125's in my neck of the woods, and my brother is a great rider.

This one is my middle brother's bike, he goes to Cal, on here as YZ2smoker or something. Bone Stock YZ125.

They both still have their starter bikes tho a fully built RM85 that looks like godzilla shit it out, but its the fastest small bore bike i've ever seen

And this is the other one, XR100R

94 YJ MTO

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I have a leager. Framed 250 r with a 350 big bore stroker I run it at the tracks more than trails but love to ride .might be interested in a trail ride depending on were and when

that cr is bike pron dude, awesome bike.
    03 s10 4x4
    89 irocz mullet mobile
    90 miata v8 project

Trail Leader
    Thats my 99 Sport that Snow's Polaris did some work on, 12:1 head, ported and polished, Hot Seat Speed Kit, Bigger Carb, Clutch kit ect... How do you like the Raptor? My cousin just sold his 700, I only rode with him once but it seemed like a good running mother.
    Last edited by 97V10MN; 02-24-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Sportsman 800...were always up for a ride...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Man, wish there was trails to ride in this area, usually haul stuff out to majestic trails for the weekend.

Main ride is a 1984 250R

1984 Scrambler - On the road again
    1984 Toyota pickup - Rust
    1985 Toyota pickup - More rust
    1990 Toyota pickup - Less rust, more blown timing chain

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

1987 Suzuki LT250R, Powervalve, .040 over, ported, polished, Trinity Pipe, Cool Head, Ricky Stator high output stator, -1 +2 sprockets, Works Shocks etc... Getting new bearings, to end and some love for next year currently.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I've had a few bikes. Used to ride Wellsville often as well as the Rumble On The Ridge ride in Ohio and the Cochranton poker run (wish that was still going on!!)
    Don't have access to pics from the phone. I'll put 'em on when I get home.
    ···╔════════╗
    ·█╢░░░░░░░░╟█
    ·._├────────┤_.
    ╘╕Θ║║║║║║║Θ╒╛
    ═══╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═══
    Hyper..... or, just call me Tim
    '13 Jeep JK Wrangler (his)
    '16 Jeep KL Cherokee Trailhawk (her's)

Jeep Ambassador to the FJORC

„ɹǝʇʇods ʎɯ ǝɯɐןq ˙˙˙˙sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı„

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I have a couple dirt bikes and I ride a lot. Personally I hate quads (sorry). In the areas I ride quads keep trying to ride down the single track trails blowing them open. Once a trail is blown open by quads they become tough to ride because the ruts are on the far sides of the trails and not down the middle in the best line. As dirtbikers we are always having to make new trails because the quads blow the good singletrack apart. So we are forced to make new trails and make them harder to get into and in tighter areas. We build single track parallel to the quad trails just so we don't have to ride those trails.

If it was not for quad riders trying to ride the single track trails, I would not have a problem with them. Except for this fad to put the super loud exhausts on their machines. With the people I ride with, we keep the stock exhaust on out bikes and tune the motor for that. Some people even put quieter exhaust on their bikes.

Trail Leader
    Dude you have balls, that thing must be crazy, my cousin Andrew that lives right up the road from me has a Yamaha Tri Z along with a Honda 185 and 200X. The Tri Z has some work done to it, not sure to what extent. Except for in the fields around here or behind my house I will not touch that damn thing, Its fun to dick around on but for actually riding i'll stick to two or four wheels haha.

Trail Leader
    Have any of you guys went to the Callensburgh Poker Run or the Redbank Ride?

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by 97V10MN View Post
    How do you like the Raptor? My cousin just sold his 700, I only rode with him once but it seemed like a good running mother.
    lets just say, i've been on honda since i was 8, i bought the Raptor last year and i wont buy anything else, now. was the 700 fuel injected? those dang things, you can program more parameters on those things than you can on most cars.

i like to ride at creek falls, lemont furnace, dickeron slag dumps, and im tryin out a new place this year called the yukon slate dumps...

a quad trail ride would be pretty cool, i'll try an get a decent location big enough and we can do it when the weather is nice... its a little bit more agonizing replacing stuff in the cold on a quad than it is on my Jeep anyway....

speaking of, have yall ever heard of Carolina Adventure World? or ever been to Allegheny National Forest?
    Last edited by ZJ_5.2LIMITED; 02-25-2011 at 12:38 PM.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Been to and quite a few times mostly dirt rds except the bike trail always fun for a ride just for something to do

Quote Originally Posted by trailerrails View Post
    I have a couple dirt bikes and I ride a lot. Personally I hate quads (sorry). In the areas I ride quads keep trying to ride down the single track trails blowing them open. Once a trail is blown open by quads they become tough to ride because the ruts are on the far sides of the trails and not down the middle in the best line. As dirtbikers we are always having to make new trails because the quads blow the good singletrack apart. So we are forced to make new trails and make them harder to get into and in tighter areas. We build single track parallel to the quad trails just so we don't have to ride those trails.

If it was not for quad riders trying to ride the single track trails, I would not have a problem with them. Except for this fad to put the super loud exhausts on their machines. With the people I ride with, we keep the stock exhaust on out bikes and tune the motor for that. Some people even put quieter exhaust on their bikes.
    have to agree with you...hahhaaa...when I was riding bikes I hated quads for the same reasons, they everyone I rode with got quads

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I've got a '99 Honda 400EX that I bought brand new. I wore it out and had it rebuilt, 426, cam, port polish, clutch, head work, etc. I don't ride anywhere near as much as I used to.

I was going to start running GNCC, had a sponsorship and everything, 2 days before my first race I was playing in a firemans fair race and broke my leg, wasn't able to walk for over 6 months, pretty much put an end to my racing days. I still hit a couple cross country races but never did is seriously.

I really want to get out more this summer. Only made it out a few times last year. Sometimes when I have a stressfull day, I take it out and run wide open across the hay field. Nothing like 80mph across a field to make you feel alive.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by oros35 View Post
    Nothing like 80mph across a field to make you feel alive.
    could not agree more. it still amazes me, that some ppl have never had a chance to wind out 5th gear on a 60-70HP quad before...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by trailerrails View Post
    I have a couple dirt bikes and I ride a lot. Personally I hate quads (sorry).

dont be sorry, i'm not a fan of dirtbikes.. i cant ride them in 2 feet of snow. quads a different story.
    i must say, i do have a GYTR exhuast on mine, only because it was cheap, looked brand new (used), and because one of the headers comin off the motor had a dent in it. speaking of, can anyone tell me why a quad can have 5 valves per cylinder but our Jeeps only get a measly 2?? baha....

one thing i noticed on my 2001, is that it was the only year to offer the remote resi's (stock), and aluminum square sub frame.. 02s+got steel round tube sub frames. the downside, 95% of 2001 660s had a defective transmission, the prob was the dog legs on the shift forks that engage 2nd gear, they wear so bad that they dont engage 2nd gear, effectively rendering it useles.. guess what percentage mine falls in??

PghOffRoad Regular
    I've got a 700xx that is all stock, and a KLX110 that I made street legal.

anyone on here know anything ab out husabergs? a friend has a 95 501 that we might fix up.
    03 s10 4x4
    89 irocz mullet mobile
    90 miata v8 project

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by 97V10MN View Post
    Dude you have balls, that thing must be crazy, my cousin Andrew that lives right up the road from me has a Yamaha Tri Z along with a Honda 185 and 200X. The Tri Z has some work done to it, not sure to what extent. Except for in the fields around here or behind my house I will not touch that damn thing, Its fun to dick around on but for actually riding i'll stick to two or four wheels haha.
    Haha, 3 wheels or no wheels!! That's a nice looking Tri-Z. My R isn't stock, but it's geared more towards low end grunt for the trail rather than all out race. I ported it, CR reed cage, boyesson reeds, CT racing pipe, 34mm carb, CHT gauge, and I'm sure some other stuff. I built up a quadzilla for a friend of mine, man does that thing rip! After riding that I WILL have me 500cc 2 stroke 3 wheeler one of these days...

Used to run it in the winter with paddle tires, but just stick to the sleds now.

1984 Scrambler - On the road again
    1984 Toyota pickup - Rust
    1985 Toyota pickup - More rust
    1990 Toyota pickup - Less rust, more blown timing chain

Bet that R slung the roost with them paddles! I want to get another rear wheel and a paddle for my RM to go to Silver Lake.
    94 YJ MTO

Thread Information