Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Pick my new DD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pick my new DD

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar

Pick my new DD

2011 JK 2 door w/ a hardtop, 6 speed trans and the power group OR a 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Lone Star. Both would be black.

Payment is the same on both. Keep in mind I already have a 2006 Ram 2500 that I'm "leasing" to my business. Also have an offroad only TJ on 36s.

Neither will be used offroad, only to drive to work and tow my stand up jetski or dirtbike on a small trailer.

Which would you pick and why?

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Tough Call Tom, but the Ram will be more comfortable than the Jeep. However that JK will more than likely do better on fuel and be easier to run around town in. I'd get the Ram, but that is just me, the Lone Star is a really nice package.
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

OR

I wasn't even considering the Wrangler before I saw someone running doorless this afternoon...makes me miss a streetable Jeep. To make things worse, I have to decide before tomorrow night!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    You have a truck....I would take the Jeep. The Jk's ride is very comfortable especially if you get some bells and whistles haha. I love the open top, doors off driving. But then I am baised haha.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I'd go Jeep personally... But I have enough people who can throw me the keys if I need a pickup for anything

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    2500 diesel. nuf said
    [quote=OverkillZJ;182503]You poopstick![/quote] [quote=Gibson;183934]i cant get my nut off, my hand is to damn big.[/quote] '94 XJ sport, 4 dr, 4.5" RC lift,and a Logan's front bumper.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Wait, WAT?????? I just remembered a conversation wit da boss the other day, diesel is supposed to be going up to around $5.00 a gallon this summer. AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [quote=OverkillZJ;182503]You poopstick![/quote] [quote=Gibson;183934]i cant get my nut off, my hand is to damn big.[/quote] '94 XJ sport, 4 dr, 4.5" RC lift,and a Logan's front bumper.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Are you a member of Tread Lightly?

If not, sign up...you can get 1% below factory invoice on Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler vehicles...

http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/chrysler_discount

Oh, and I'd go Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by pittim View Post
    Are you a member of Tread Lightly?

If not, sign up...you can get 1% below factory invoice on Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler vehicles...

http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/chrysler_discount

Oh, and I'd go Ram.
    Well the fact that his families business is Hillview Jeep, I think he will get a little better discount...
    Never blame the beer. It's only there to lend a hand.

Trail Leader
    Id shoot for the truck that way you can haul if your 3/4 ton was in the shop, plus they are so comfortable for trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerguy37 View Post
    Well the fact that his families business is Hillview Jeep, I think he will get a little better discount...
    Ah, didn't know who he was, and now that you mention it, I remember him pulling his TJ in an enclosed trailer with the 2500 on the superbowl run.

Tom, can you use your 2500 whenever you need to or does the business get first dibs? If business gets first dibs, I'd go with the Ram. If you get first dibs, I'd go JK.

I'm leaning towards the Ram, it stickers for $40k and leases for $300 a month. A $27k JK leases for $390.

I can use the 2500 anytime, I'm leaving it titled in my name and leasing it to the business to cover the new car payment. We put 25000 miles on it in the past 8 months, hopefully using it only as a work truck will prolong its life. Plus, the new Rams ride like a dream compared to my 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepGeneral View Post
    I'm leaning towards the Ram, it stickers for $40k and leases for $300 a month. A $27k JK leases for $390.
    wait, so you're LEASING? i vote for something actually fun to drive then since you have a tow rig and off road only jeep... maybe not a wrangler, but definitely someting fun...

i missed having a street legal jeep so bad, and then my wife bought one! it's tough not having something like that for nice summer days.

just fyi, the new titan off road editions (fx4?) have like 8 grand in rebates! just something to look into
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Must be a C/J/D product, their lineup of "fun" cars suck

Quote Originally Posted by JeepGeneral View Post
    Must be a C/J/D product, their lineup of "fun" cars suck
    Challenger? Lol... I dunno... I dd a truck but if I could I'd have a jk to drive around too. In a month or two when wifey gets too preggo to get into her jk I will get hers hehe...

But the thought of leasing a jk and leaving it stock... I don't think I could do it.

fiat 500 FTW
    03 s10 4x4
    89 irocz mullet mobile
    90 miata v8 project

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Even if you lease the JK when the lease is over you if opt to buy it you would have more paid on it right? Either one would be cool to drive around but the girls love convertibles so I say jeep.

The Ram hands down! You already have a TJ. I just rented a new Ram like that. Absolutely loved that truck. Get the Cummins if you can afford it, if not the Hemi. I had the 4.7 it runs good but the power doesn't come on strong till 4000 RPMs. The ride on the half ton is incrediable it's a smooth as a caddy. I just rented a 4dr JK too. It rode and handled like a brick, it was severly underpowered.
    [COLOR=darkred]HighlanderCJ-7[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]If you don't stand behind our troops... [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#8b0000]Feel free to stand in front of them...[/COLOR]

Jeep cuz it's topless. We love topless wom.....err...jeeps.

Going in now we shall see what I come home with....

I bet he'll come home with one of these:

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Hemi Ram.
    Something catchy goes here.

Quote Originally Posted by dan58 View Post
    Hemi Ram.
    That's what I'm betting he drives home

Thread Information