Thread: Titan stroker motors?

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

Titan stroker motors?

Does anyone know anything about titan. They are out of florida and have a special on a stroker right now for my jeep. I just put a motor in and found out it was bad. I wont put another used one in unless its real low milage or rebuilt. I don't have time to rebuild one myself.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    A local guy just installed one in his rubicon. Hes having issues with the fuel injectors and is doing his break in right now but he likes it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by atvboo View Post
    Does anyone know anything about titan. They are out of florida and have a special on a stroker right now for my jeep. I just put a motor in and found out it was bad. I wont put another used one in unless its real low milage or rebuilt. I don't have time to rebuild one myself.
    if you get all the parts and stuff i might be able to rebuild one for you
    96 xj rust
    some old chevy rust
    some motorsickles

and a dirtymax

"If i diddnt have bad luck, i wouldnt have any luck at all"

ive heard some bad things about them, but no personal experience. i looked into rtr motors and for the price id rather piece one together. or theres a few kits available with the components and all you need to do is the machine work.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I found a titan for $2000 already built and ready that is just alittle more than the kits and machine work. Not sure what to do at this point don't really have the money for any of it right now. But thanks for the info guys.

LS Series GM V-8 and be done with it The 6.0L is one sweet engine. Give 6 DOF a lil time and you can see the difference as he has the stroker and the 6.0L
    [COLOR=darkred]HighlanderCJ-7[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]If you don't stand behind our troops... [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#8b0000]Feel free to stand in front of them...[/COLOR]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I would love a 6.0 but money and time are becoming very short and quick I am thinking of just throwing some rings and bearings in my motor at this point. I did some searching and the titan motors seem to be hit or miss sic scares me on them I have really bad luck with that type of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by atvboo View Post
    I found a titan for $2000 already built and ready that is just alittle more than the kits and machine work. Not sure what to do at this point don't really have the money for any of it right now. But thanks for the info guys.
    what size motor? the 4.5l-4.6l doesnt require any mandatory machine work. just a parts swap really.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    It was the 4.6 .im talkin a new bore and head being checked. I havent rebuilt anything for awhile but was guessing on the machine work prices

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I think that is alittle over kill for the wife I just figured for $2000 that isn't that much more than a low milage motor

PghOffRoad Regular
    Go with a light weight low slung samurai! You will never need a damn 10000lb monster truck heep again! LOL. I love calling your yj Grave Digger! Sorry bob I just had to mess with you.
    Last edited by book85; 03-11-2011 at 08:10 PM.

why not a 350 swap? i know alot of people on here arent really a fan of em, but you can buy em dirt cheap, a novice could rebuild one over a weekend, and you can build them to push 500HP (with alot of $$)

the one thing i really hate about the 4.0 is the lack of aftermarket support, which i why ive been wanting to do a 350 swap, but with the amount of work that it seems is put into getting one into an XJ it aint worth it. if i had a cj/yj/tj it would have been one of my first upgrades
    96 xj rust
    some old chevy rust
    some motorsickles

and a dirtymax

"If i diddnt have bad luck, i wouldnt have any luck at all"

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    This is for my tj. For on the road I just don't need all that .The price of that stroker was cheap compared to rebuilding the 4.0 completely and there was the time of a rebuild when I could buy the stroker and bolt it in.My wife drives this if it was for me and I had the time and money I would probably do the 6.0 GM now that would run and alot of aftermarkit support. Thanks for all the advice though.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Well messed with my motor yesterday and found some stuck valves hopefully I can get this one to run right. Thanks again for the stroker info though if thus motor don't work I may just build one.

Thread Information