Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Project: Recovery Unit - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project: Recovery Unit

Trail Leader
    I am really getting tired of trying to find some 56" springs. I have looked at about 20 trucks and a ton of parts and only have found 52" and some 54" springs. I found one set of 56" but they were trashed. The packs had snapped leaves. By the time I would remove all the leaves I would have the main spring only left.
    [QUOTE=Super Scout;254190]I just slammed my dick in a screen door after reading this thread.[/QUOTE]

High-horse-ASSumption-master
    i have some but don't wanna give them up.

what trucks had 54" springs? should only be 52's and 56's in 73-87 trucks. you are measuring along the arc?
    -s-10 d60/14bff, 496bbc, th400,205, locked- mud racer, NO PATIENCE

-'15 dmax

me asking about a jeep for sale --- actually its still for sale, I just didn't want it to go to an *** like you

Trail Leader
    I looked at some s10's in various years and also some newer vehicles. I didn't bring my print out of what exactly came in what and I couldn't remember off the top of my head. All I could remember was the 73-87 and the 88+ fullsize chevys.
    [QUOTE=Super Scout;254190]I just slammed my dick in a screen door after reading this thread.[/QUOTE]

PghOffRoad Regular
    you should lift the extreme. and place 35s under her...

Trail Leader
    lol Hey bro what's up? I actually am getting the x inspected on Tuesday. I got to start driving a gas saver.

Trail Leader
    Ok I picked up some 56" springs almost brand new. Now I just need to get some hardware, bushings, and u bolts.

Trail Leader
    I got my springs bolted up. Just waiting on the u bolts and will have 14bff in. Next is the front suspension. Hopefully I can have that done before it gets cold out.

Last edited by Davidmichael; 09-09-2011 at 10:54 PM.

Trail Leader
    Well she is now sitting on her own weight. The springs are like brand new so not sure how much more the shackle is going to move.

Now those are 35's on it right now and I need to take out the 3" body lift. So there is a lot of room to fit big meats cause I am also trimming the sheet metal

Let me know what you guys think

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Your build looks good.

If you didn't scrap your spare truck frame yet, I can use the rear axle forward leaf spring mounts to do a shackle flip on my truggy. Let me know. I'll give you a case of beer for them or something.

I have an apartment near Allegheny County Airport so you're not far from me.

Trail Leader
    I cut the frame up already but give me a couple days to go threw my scrap pile.

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Thanks. No rush.

Trail Leader
    I got it running today. She's got a bad exhaust leak at the manifold. Someone literally completely filled the trans with fluid and it was actually shooting out of the dip stick. I will be replacing the tranny with a 350 anyway. It does have an oil leak somewhere that I need to track down. But for letting it run for about an hour it didn't over heat.

Trail Leader
    I got the passenger side b52 bracker half way in. But ran out of time for the bottom bolts. Also need to hone out the rear mount to fit the new brackets.

Trail Leader
    I got all the brackets in. Got the 2wd steering gear in. Just need a new pressure hose. next I have to put my springs in, and mount up the axle.

Thread Information