Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

90 Jimmy build thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 90 Jimmy build thread

Trail Leader
    awesome. can't wait to see this start.

PghOffRoad Regular
    thanks, its been a long time coming and i can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. i just wanna run the damn thing instead of draining my bank account into it and only drivin it in and out of the shop.

any thoughts on the color? New Holland yellow tractor paint. reduced with naptha like the can says and sprayed it in my driveway, came out pretty good for my first time painting somethin like that.
    90 GMC Jimmy 1 tons and 44's

Less posting, more wheeling!
    I like it... Roll with it
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

PghOffRoad Regular

got the Ballistic Fab skulls welded on and 2 coats of self etching primer. also picked up my turndowns and a couple more exhaust clamps, gonna try to finish the exhaust tomorrow after work before i go pick up my new pistol.

Trail Leader
    nice

High-horse-ASSumption-master
    the first dent on that new body is gonna be painful.
    -s-10 d60/14bff, 496bbc, th400,205, locked- mud racer, NO PATIENCE

-'15 dmax

me asking about a jeep for sale --- actually its still for sale, I just didn't want it to go to an *** like you

PghOffRoad Regular
    haha i really dont think itll be that bad, considering i gotta take the sawzall/cutoff wheel to it just to get it to fit with the tires. itll be cut the same as in the 1st post, but a little further in front of the rear tire. plus they sell tractor paint in spray can, so i do "trail body work" before i take it home. i still gotta figure out what im gonna do for some sort of inner fenders, with 52's ther'ye gonna hit them i know. and its actually gonna help that the body i got was wrecked and its pushed in a little at the firewall on the drivers side. i might just sledge it in on the pass side and make it match to clear. i should have most of the interior trim out tomorrow, half the dash is out, and im gettin my rustoleum for the floors. i have a buddy with a few 5gal jerry cans, so im gettin 2 of those free and a 48" hi-lift for a case of beer from another friend. i also ordered tube clamps from Ballistic to mount mirrors to the doors.

things left to do: redo front bumper, stereo once body is on, paint front clip & tailgate................ WHEEL THE BITCH!

Trail Leader
    no stereo is needed if you got a nice sound coming from the exhaust!

PghOffRoad Regular
    a stock 90 TBI 350 with headers and cheap single chamber mufflers, im gonna need somethin to drain the sound out. ill worry bout that in 2 weeks when the bodys on. right now its just get the exhaust finished and have most of the interior out so the body swap doesnt take long. were startin on it the 17th, friday night, and wanna be done saturday night. i have 4 or 5 guys helpin me so i hope it goes well.

Trail Leader
    That should be easy. If you got the guys/beer it would be fun and go fast.

PghOffRoad Regular
    true, im gettin all the little shit done so its just a lift and drop come next week. half the dash it out, most of the interior trim im reusuing is out, pass. seat and center console are the only things left bolted. the exhaust is 98% done, completely welded with no leaks, just gotta put hangers in place of the wire at the mufflers. will try to grab a few pics of the finished exhaust ans stripped interior tomorrow.

PghOffRoad Regular
    figured id share my stupidity with everyone to get a good laugh. ordered poly leaf spring bushings from DIY4X, the first time i ordered 2 "sets" which i figured was what i needed for my springs. well they considerd a "set" 1 bushing, so im 2 bushings short. i get on there site to order 2 more, apparently about 1am drunk after the bar isnt the right time. i look and say "yup i need a more set for my springs" so i order them. got it yesterday and i get a small box with 1 bushing in it.

stupid hurts, add drunk to it and you get a bad combination. ordered another bushing this morning. im a dumbass.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar
    lol good stuff!
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

Trail Leader
    haha

PghOffRoad Regular
    yea im an idiot, if thats the worst thing i do for a while i will truely be proud of myself. oh well gotta get it done so whatever, ill wait for parts if thats what it takes.

PS: on a side note, im 24 and hooked up with a 51 year old cougar tonight. go me, she was a freak and i now love older women!

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    ^ Epic Win man. Seems like they are everywhere you look now hahaha
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

Trail Leader
    You are the man!! Gotta love a cougar!

PghOffRoad Regular

got a coat of rustoleum on it today, love the way that shit covers, but i cant get it off my hands. gonna get another coat on tomorrow or wednesday, and i got everything measured to replace the small piece of floor for the drivers seat. i will cut the new metal tomorrow and probly get it in on wednesday. im pretty much in disassembly mode, im gonna try to have the fenders off before it goes to my buddys shop.

PghOffRoad Regular
    been slackin, no more rustoleum yet, no metal cut out, no floor replaced. been playin softball like crazy so its takin up alot of time right now. did get the exhaust completely finished today and the body is back up on blocks waitin for my buddys tiltbed. also got my mirror clamps from ballistic today, now gotta find some mirrors that fit good and mount them up.

PghOffRoad Regular
    well its finally body swap time, any i got a good jump on it tonight especially for only 2 guys doing it.

started with this

then this

to this

thats where she sits right now. soon as i get up its off to tractor supply for some new grade 8 body bolts for the new poly bushings, pressure wash and rustoleum the frame, weld a bit of metal in where the frame rotted at the mounts and drop the new body on and get it all back together. should have about 2 or 3 friends there throughout the day, and the gonna DA the front clip and maybe get a shot at paintin while we do the swappin part. worst part was the dash and wiring, especially since the previous owner hacked the wiring for some foglights and shit which i had to cut and will redo at the end. will get the the updated end result probly sometime sunday when its done. well after an 8 hour day of work and 5 on the jimmy im beat, time to sleep for about 5 hours and put another 10 in tomorrow.

Less posting, more wheeling! gonecheenin's Avatar
    Nice! Lift's make stuff like that SOOOO much easier!!!!!!

Trail Leader
    man I wish I had a lift!. nice progress so far.

PghOffRoad Regular
    lot of progress today, happy with what got done. here the pics.

pressure washed frame, 2 of my buddies painted it with tractor paint.

all painted up with the new poly body mount kit on it.

new body settin on, body bolts just finger tight.

body bolted up, startin to hook shit up.

hooking everything up took a long time, me on the tire workin and my buddy gettin drunk.

same thing, different angle.

good help is hard to come by.

together and running, put a huge smile on my face and a cracked a beer and sat down for a bit.

PghOffRoad Regular
    goin to parts-o-rama early tomorrow, then a laundry list of shit to get done tomorrow.

To Do List:
    fill coolant
    few wires to fix
    vacuum lines, need to cap a few since i got rid of the heat/ac box
    windshield & wipers
    swap VIN tag & install interior
    paint front clip
    paint/install tube doors
    few misc. things

since i went from a 90 body to a 78 body, i have to get a new hood/hinges to make it work. so i might be hoodless for a little bit, but that not a problem. i will post up some better pics when it matches and the doors are on. i plan on everything on that list being done tomorrow and towing it back to my house tomorrow night so this week i can finish little shit and put the tags/insurance back on it and wheel it asap.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    sweet ! cant wait to see it on the trails.
    OFFROAD
    1988 cherokee chief 4.0 inline 6
    locked front and rear
    35x12.5 r 15
    8.5'' lift

TOW RIG
    1994 chevy 3500 dually
    5.7l 454
    auto trans
    4x4 manual shift

Thread Information