Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Now The 5.9L Swap - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Now The 5.9L Swap

Less posting, more wheeling!
    So much time so little work, well I'm converting the first 5.9 I found into a air compressor half engine half compressor fully awesome for a nefarious project of supreme secrecy....
    So I found a 1997 5.9 with 87k on the clock for $450 alot better than the first 5.9 so I cleaned it up and got to making is shinny

Powder coated the intake keg and valve covers.

Started working on a new better OBA using a serpintine belt RV2 compressor, the clutch from a York210 fits but the magnet needed some jerry rigging.

I then made a 1/4" plenum fix plate for the keg intake I haven't got around to Tig welding the injector bungs in the airgap intake

Got that all together

Took a small break to 3d print the helmet of the Master Chef Bob, Beta-123 from Call of Battlefield: Advanced Black Warfare - Episode 2: Crowbars of War

Started work on the control box for my OBW, it has a contactor to switch from off, 12v(jump), 24v~26v(spool gun) and 36v~40v(arc), volt meter in the center and two dinse twist lock with lids
    It going to work for now with a extra 160amp durango alternator, on the dual alternator mount.

More things are mounted. RV2 is in place that was bitch to rig up the mount I have to relocate the oil dipstick now some how I think I plug the stock mount and weld a bung onto the oil pan directly for this flex dipstick I have laying around. New waterpump with a cut down nose to clear the radiator fan I got 3/4" of a inch there maybe, powder coated the engine mounts, cut and welded a 45* water outlet to clear the dual alternators (welded that up now I need to powder coat it. Got

[I]"Its not a bondfire unless you can see if from space"[/I]\
    TJ now with the power of a 5.2L vs 2.5L get same gas mileage....crap.

Thumbs up

Dayum...

How much would you charge to build up a 360 Magnum for my Ramcharger?
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

I finally got the engine in, over the 4th had to make a crazy one man, engine movment jig with a old winch a bunch of cinderblock, a sheet of plywood and a bit of duct tape.
    Now to machine the new dual alternator brackets.

This completely not what the bracket will look like, this is a pile of alternators.

On a side note bunny truck is stronk!
    And I now have a milling machine
    Well this was a month ago now......

Hold on, did you powder coat at Tech Shop? Is there anything they don't have?!?
    [U][quote]An operation this size you don't know who's after you. It could be the ATF, FBI... ****in' Patrik Swayze... who knows?[/quote][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by anodyne33 View Post
    Hold on, did you powder coat at Tech Shop? Is there anything they don't have?!?
    Wire EDM?, 5axix CNC router maybe?...

I got nothing done on the engine for a month now but I did start on the new tail gate the other day. I was going to use jeep hard top glass hinges like the
    original set that came with my swagoffroad tailgate kit but I had a few dozen of these 4" door hinges, so I thought 6 of them should work.

I decided not to use the ram 1500 exhuast headers so I got some stainless block huggers instead

Having a bit of problems getting a bolt into the second hole on either end I tried grinding down some flange head bolts, not, button head socket screw nope, I'm almost to the point were I make a own specialty fastener for it.

Well I finally got around to painting the tail gate to get that mounted. As a side know if your painting with chassis saver, use thin coats.....thin coats.
    I was channeling salvador dali strongly when I painting this....
    Now to just getting it mounted and to make another compressor mount...

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade556 View Post
    I was channeling salvador dali strongly when I painting this....

Horsehair, or synthetic brush?
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Horsehair, or synthetic brush?
    Harbor Freight premium bristles......Probably ground hog......

PghOffRoad Regular
    nice job, that's a lot of work you have in to this rig.

Harbor Freight premium bristles......Probably ground hog......
    Probably porcupine!

Finaly got the hinge plate installed on the tube and the tail gate. Fishing the plates that I welded the nuts too into the body was a chore. Let alone when I realized I put them in the wrong(left/right...) Installed the toggle locks to hold it closed, Now to just make some like of straps or bar links to hold the tailgate up when its open.

Somebody SERIOUSLY needs to make another run of those stickers - for those of us who have joined in the last ten years since the LAST batch was made!

Somebody SERIOUSLY needs to make another run of those stickers - for those of us who have joined in the last ten years since the LAST batch was made!
    I still have a bunch of T shirts and hoodies. Much warmer than a sticker.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    You could've got some if you'd have made it to the Cranberry M&G
    ···╔════════╗
    ·█╢░░░░░░░░╟█
    ·._├────────┤_.
    ╘╕Θ║║║║║║║Θ╒╛
    ═══╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═══
    Hyper..... or, just call me Tim
    '13 Jeep JK Wrangler (his)
    '16 Jeep KL Cherokee Trailhawk (her's)

Jeep Ambassador to the FJORC

„ɹǝʇʇods ʎɯ ǝɯɐןq ˙˙˙˙sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı„

Well if your looking for silver, gold, pink, red, four different kinds of blue, green, olive drab, etc, I may have just bought a few 100 yard spools of different vinyl....

Started getting the brakes milled for the alternators, but got side tracked with getting the spindle light ring I made installed on the mill,
    finished that and the Z axis for the DRO, still need to attach the hall sensor for the tachometer from the VFD.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperbuzzin View Post
    You could've got some if you'd have made it to the Cranberry M&G
    My wife will do ANYTHING to prevent wheeling and wheeling RELATED activities.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Sounds like someone needs to have a talk with their wife...
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner97 View Post
    Sounds like someone needs to have a talk with their wife...
    ya, most people think my wife owns all my jeeps. cause she's behind the wheel in all the pics.

Was finally getting around to fighting it today got the exhaust welded up with the new 210MP found the stock 10' gun that comes from lincoln is way to short for my needs.
    But got it welded up, then went into the house, made lunch and smelled something burning.... Must be the new neighbors, started thinking about it and ran back out side
    The blanket I was laying on must have caught some splatter, enter much cursing and stomping, and the throwing of a rapidly combusting movers blanket around the driveway.... That was fun! The neighbors kids loved it....

But I'm going nuts on getting the fuel sync set up when I was putting the engine it I knackered the distrubutor got a new one installed, I hooked up my MT2500 and I have it set at 0 degrees but it still wont idle, I checked the marks,
    But it still wont idle unless I take it to 20 degrees or so even though its at 300ish rpm.

Any thoughts?

Well I found a problem, the CPS was touching the flex plate, it worn open the end so I'll swap that out.
    But thinking back on things this block was older with EGR, he said it was a 1997
    but I'm wondering if it was older like a 1996 because the flex plates changed at obd1 - obd2 I'm wondering if the flex plate is the problem?

Looking at pictures of the block when I got and google images it seems this might actually be a 1995....
    I hope I dont have to swap out the flex plate....
    Last edited by DeathBlade556; 04-30-2017 at 09:36 PM.

I had posted your thread in THIS guy's build thread (elsewhere), but after his experience, I think I'll post HIS thread here!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-...-mopwr-v2.html

Thread Information