Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
4dr midsize pickups

Thread: 4dr midsize pickups

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

4dr midsize pickups

I am in the market for a new vehicle, I have a rental now (2011 Dakota Bighorn) I am loving the idea of a 4dr truck. I don't want a full size, I have no need for it. Whats ya'lls oppinions on midsize, early 2000s, 4dr trucks?
    "If guns don't kill people, people kill people, does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toasts toast?"

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    tacoma
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    That's actually the direction I have been leaning. Any info on them, like what I should avoid or look for?
    "If guns don't kill people, people kill people, does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toasts toast?"

Less posting, more wheeling!
    x2 on the Tacoma. I've known quite a few people that have been very happy with theirs. IIRC, the TRD edition comes with a rear selectable locker.

My DD is a 4 door Ram 1500 and love having the back seat. It's great for dry storage that won't go sliding all over the place when you slam on the brakes. Plus you still have the bed for the messy stuff. If I didn't need to tow a Jeep with my truck, I could definitely see me in something like a Tacoma.
    [URL="http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7670"][/URL]

x3 tacoma trd. if you can find it theres one that supercharged.
    if i could afford a 03-09 i would jump on it in a second

x4 on the tacoma, used ones arent cheap tho. plus, tim will have another taco buddy
    96 xj rust
    some old chevy rust
    some motorsickles

and a dirtymax

"If i diddnt have bad luck, i wouldnt have any luck at all"

Trail Leader
    :facepalm:
    1999 RCSB Silverado, 4.8, clapped out 4l60E, NP241 swap, SYE, 3-Link SAS, King 2.5 10'' travel coilovers, 300/350 dual rate, Dana 44/60 combo, 4.10s, 16x10 simulated steelies, 35 MT ATZ's (SOLD)
    2002 ECSB, 5.13, Cammed, Stalled, Work in Progress
    2004 ECSB 5.3, LT's, No Kittens, K&N CAI, 412 Motorsports tuned
    85 K10 work in progress

I'm a fan of frontiers. I had an extended cab and loved it. Make sure to get the V6 though.
    2007 Quad cab frontier LE
    1998 wrangler with pink wheel centers (hers)
    2004 trx450r stress reliever.

www.RalphsOffRoad.com RalphDogg's Avatar
    I would recommend a tacoma or 2nd gen frontier. The 1st gen frontier is awesome but it had a small v6 and torsion bar front end.

what the......i swear someone said he was sellin a jeep to get a cheaper payment...which usually means a mini 4-cyl with a fart can exhaust type of car....but a 4 door truck? Confused......

But to answer the question.....4 door dodge dakota. It's full of surprises! I had a 2000 dodge dakota and loved it to death. It's was an awesome truck that had ZERO issues in the 4 years I owned it. They look damn good too.....lifted....with big rubbers.......and lockers......and.......

My ex.....

Last edited by muddeprived; 07-15-2011 at 09:30 AM.

ctd.

Doty, 95-04 are notorious for having shit frames that rust out. There's a recall out for them, but I think there is a certain time of ownership that you have to have in order to apply to it. This is because people were buying up cheap shit ones with beat frames and toyota was buying them back for 1.5x KBB excellent retail value.

Also, 4drs of that generation only came in autos. F that.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    x2 on the Tacoma. I've known quite a few people that have been very happy with theirs. IIRC, the TRD edition comes with a rear selectable locker.
    Yup, only on the 6 cyl trucks though, but I think I only remember hearing of one 4dr 4cyl first gen tacoma (95-04)

Quote Originally Posted by sethman15210 View Post
    x3 tacoma trd. if you can find it theres one that supercharged.
    if i could afford a 03-09 i would jump on it in a second
    They never came blown from the factory unless you ordered a supercharger....the Frontiers had packages that had superchargers standard....iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by pittim View Post
    ctd.
    this

Trail Leader
    But to answer the question.....4 door dodge dakota
    This

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post
    But to answer the question.....4 door dodge dakota. It's full of surprises!
    Since they share driveline with Durangos, I surmise they also surprise drivers by shooting parts out the oil pans and eating transmissions.

Ship an older 4 door from out of country, be cool and have RHD to screw with drive-thrus!

Subura Baja, or FULLSIZE with an extended cab. Bigger and better. I was joking about the BAJA
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by 88wd21 View Post
    Since they share driveline with Durangos, I surmise they also surprise drivers by shooting parts out the oil pans and eating transmissions.

Ship an older 4 door from out of country, be cool and have RHD to screw with drive-thrus!
    Haven't heard of that happening alot but tires and knuckles falling off was pretty normal. They have top notch china ball joints LOL. Of course the TSB takes care of it. I still loved that Dak, every inch of it, and really drove it hard at times. Redlining it was pretty fun.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post
    what the......i swear someone said he was sellin a jeep to get a cheaper payment...which usually means a mini 4-cyl with a fart can exhaust type of car....but a 4 door truck? Confused......

But to answer the question.....4 door dodge dakota. It's full of surprises! I had a 2000 dodge dakota and loved it to death. It's was an awesome truck that had ZERO issues in the 4 years I owned it. They look damn good too.....lifted....with big rubbers.......and lockers......and.......
    I "can" barely afford the Jeep, if I get something with the same or better mileage and a much lower payment, or no payment and lower insurance I will be happy. Hence now wanting a fourdoor truck. I just don't want a car again. I do, but I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Doty152 View Post
    I "can" barely afford the Jeep, if I get something with the same or better mileage and a much lower payment, or no payment and lower insurance I will be happy. Hence now wanting a fourdoor truck. I just don't want a car again. I do, but I don't.
    plus if you got a tacoma you'd get something reliable.

Thread Information