Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
M416 Resto - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M416 Resto

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidmichael View Post
    When I made my trailer, I just went through Maine. You could say it's a homemade trailer since you did restore it. I don't have a title, as none is needed. There is no inspection required. I also only pay $50 for 5 years. They sent me a plate in the mail and I was good to go.

Can you pm or post details on doing this, I have a trailer I need to get tagged.
    I'm not completely worthless, I can always serve as a bad example.

[COLOR=red]Every time I walk into a singles bar I think of my mom's wise words, "Don't pick that up, you don't know where it's been." [/COLOR]

Less posting, more wheeling!
    This looks to one place that doe
    http://www.mainetrailerregistrations.com/
    [I]"Its not a bondfire unless you can see if from space"[/I]\
    TJ now with the power of a 5.2L vs 2.5L get same gas mileage....crap.

Trail Leader
    Don't go to the DMV. Go to this place. It eliminates a lot of hassle for you. I used http://www.mainetrailerregistrations.com/ Scroll down to #6 and it gives you all the info you need. It's $90 for 5 years if over 2k pounds loaded. $50 if under. All you need to do is send them a statement with all the info of the trailer. No pictures necessary. Call it a utility trailer. And as a vin they will tell you to use your phone number. Give them your phone number and other information. Then they will call you to take a payment over the phone. After everything goes threw it will only take a couple days to get your plate and registration card. You will not get anything else. Just a plate and piece of small paper. But by all means call them to verify for yourself.
    Last edited by Davidmichael; 10-04-2011 at 01:21 PM.
    [QUOTE=Super Scout;254190]I just slammed my dick in a screen door after reading this thread.[/QUOTE]

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by combatmedic View Post
    Where can I find a pintle and drop leg kit?
    Just saw your question...those are the most expensive parts to replace, based on what I've seen on a few military part websites. I can't even remember what sites I saw them on, but they're out there. Check ebay too.

The ring part of the pintle is called a lunette and the "drop leg" is called a landing leg.

$50 later, I have a trailer registered in Maine for 5 years. Good deal!

Smart phone, dumb Wrecker! Wrecker's Avatar
    Good deal.
    Gotta be a special place in heaven for those girls who believe in making a lot of guys happy instead of making one miserable

Free Frank!

Trail Leader
    I am glad it worked out
    [QUOTE=Super Scout;254190]I just slammed my dick in a screen door after reading this thread.[/QUOTE]

PghOffRoad Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post
    $50 later, I have a trailer registered in Maine for 5 years. Good deal!
    so does it have a maine plate on it? and after the 5 can you register it here in pa?
    [B]You have'nt been wheeling untill you get stuck and/or break something[/B]
    '99 TJ parting out and not much of it left

Trail Leader
    It's not worth registering a trailer in PA unless it's a factory built one.

It will have a Maine plate. Since Maine isn't issuing a title, just a registration, I still won't be able to register in PA after the 5 years. No big deal.

Finally got around to finishing this.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Looks cool man turned out nice
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

Trail Leader
    me likey

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    does your jeep there have independent rear suspension?
    I never knew they made them, and I'm super curious about it now that I do. It seems so wrong...
    though I can see yours has leaves, so I'm guessing no you don't. but I have no Idea how they set em up I guess it's possible to have independent with leafs.. some sort of cv drive shaft.. I dunno. you got answers?
    oh I like the trailer alot. And when I get a trailer now I know how to take care of it. yinz guys are a wealth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It really is sad that stupidity isn't as painful for the stupid as it is for those forced to witness it!"

Not sure where you're getting the independent suspension. You're probably confusing my CJ5 painted as an M38A1 as a M151 MUTT which would have actually towed an M416 trailer in the 60's. M151's had independent suspension front and rear.

MUTT info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M151_MUTT

The guy I bought my trailer from has an M151 he is looking to sell. He told me when the government was selling them they would cut the jeeps in 4 big pieces right down the centers with torches so people couldn't use them. Well people just welded them back together and this is one of those jobs. This one has all parts on hand, as well as a spare drive train I think, it just all needs put together and painted he says. I know it has the full roll cage because I had to take it out of the trailer when I picked it up.
    Last edited by joshs1ofakindxj; 11-16-2011 at 11:47 AM.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    I am thinking of a MUTT, and My uncle might be into buying the one your talkin about, pm me flicks I'll get you in touch with him if he's into it. He was just talking about it./
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It really is sad that stupidity isn't as painful for the stupid as it is for those forced to witness it!"

Zombie thread, AH!

So my 5 year Maine plate expired on this trailer. I can get another 5 year registration from Maine for $55 again or I can register it in PA using the Maine registration and get a real title for about $100. What to do, what to do...

post the info on how to get a Maine tag without a title. I have a small 5x10 trailer my parents gave me. They live in Sc and Sc doesnt title or reg trailers if they stay in the state. I have the Cert. of Origin but I might need the bill of sale.
    Owner

www.trailbrightled.com

It's been 5 years since I did this, and the rules may have changed. The website I used no longer exists or has changed enough that I don't recognize it. Here are some sites I found:

http://www.mainetrailerregistration.com/how-it-works/

https://mainetrailerregistrations.com/

http://www.mainetags.com/

http://aceregistration.com/

I struck out at the first notary. Their computer system couldn't process what I wanted so they folded. I should of went to my usual notary first, but he was on vacation. Last night he did the paperwork by hand instead of using his computer and said it will be no problem.

$131 later I have a trailer titled in PA.
    Last edited by joshs1ofakindxj; 07-14-2016 at 08:32 AM.

Are you gonna have to get it inspected?

Nope.

I thought pa required all trailers to get inspected? Mines still Florida registered but the tags expired cause I'm not down there anymore. I've got the registration card which Florida says is as good as a title, I haven't tried to see if pa will accept it as a title. Florida excepted the trailers army serial number as the vin.

PghOffRoad Regular
    From what I understand any trailer with more than 1 axle (2 or more) needs inspected by law,, I've never had issues with my 10k trailer and its not inspected ,, 3500 lbs is the max for a single axle trailer if it is bigger it needs an additional axle and inspection if I recall it right,, laws in pa are vague until you get hit with a fine lol
    ~Aaron

Thread Information