Thread: Driveline service in Lawrenceville

Driveline service in Lawrenceville

Just a note as I have reccomended them in the past, they ruined both of the driveshafts on my rubicon and refused to return one of my old shafts. They refused to admit their mistakes, even when I showed the the shaft was significantly longer than the one they were supposed to rebuild.

I would stay away from driveline service.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    I assume this is the same as pgh driveshaft. Same experience here, almost to the "t". i loathe those asshats
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Usually have good experiences with them here, but we really only use them for CV rebuilds and some presswork

Quote Originally Posted by 88wd21 View Post
    Usually have good experiences with them here, but we really only use them for CV rebuilds and some presswork
    I have had good experiences with them in the past but this was awful. They had my old shafts to rebuild but somehow the rear turned out 3 inches too long and with the wrong flange to bolt to my transfer case. The front had a CV with no travel and was also too long. When I took them in and told them they didn't work the guy acted like I was stupid. He found my old rear shaft and we compared them. Instead of saying sorry, I messed up he told me to get the **** out of there. I had to fight to get back my money and one of the 2 shafts I brought in. I am still out one shaft.

To top things off, there are about 10 Sierra Club stickers on the wall there.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    atleast you got youre cash back, but good to know info.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by justin'sbig7 View Post
    I assume this is the same as pgh driveshaft.
    No, Pgh Driveshaft is on 51 by the Pleasant Hills cloverleaf. Hank Does awsome work.
    [quote=OverkillZJ;182503]You poopstick![/quote] [quote=Gibson;183934]i cant get my nut off, my hand is to damn big.[/quote] '94 XJ sport, 4 dr, 4.5" RC lift,and a Logan's front bumper.

Less posting, more wheeling! JeepSteeler's Avatar
    Were your original driveshafts considered "core" exchanges as part of the deal or something? If not, the refusal to return your property to you seems like theft to me...??

"Freedom is something that dies unless its used" -HST

Quote Originally Posted by JeepSteeler View Post
    Were your original driveshafts considered "core" exchanges as part of the deal or something? If not, the refusal to return your property to you seems like theft to me...??
    I don't actually know. He was supposed to put a CV on the rear and retube it but I recieved a whole new shaft that was way too long. The front needed a new CV and they suggested retubing it but they used the old axle side of the front shaft. I would have left my old stuff there if the new stuff had actually fit so it was never discussed.

The front needed a new cv and my cost on a whole new shaft from jeep is $275 so I will just do that. Phil, the owner said they would find my old front shaft but I dooubt I will see it.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! PatF10's Avatar
    just having the sierra club stickers would probably shy me away from them.
    88YJ with some stuff
    74 cj5. 360 powered!
    F150 ecoboost.

Less posting, more wheeling! gonecheenin's Avatar
    Is this the place down past the end of route 8 if you come the whole way down Allegheny BLVD along the river out of Oakmont?

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    it sounds like he just found a shaft he thought would work and gave you that instead of actually working on a new one.
    wow, this will keep me out of their doors. thanks for the info DMG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It really is sad that stupidity isn't as painful for the stupid as it is for those forced to witness it!"

Those are the clowns who I went to for a double cardon front shaft and they installed it backwards (double cardon @ diff).

BTW, I need a new front shaft now that my caster is right (exposed how bad this front shaft has been since day one). How long was your Rubi shaft?
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee - New motor, long arms, 33's | Jeep FSM's & other stuff -> JeepsLimited.com

Less posting, more wheeling! notmYJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonslayer View Post
    No, Pgh Driveshaft is on 51 by the Pleasant Hills cloverleaf. Hank Does awsome work.
    This. I have had nothing but good results from Hank at Pgh Driveshaft. Fair prices, 24hr turn around and will do anything you ask him to.
    92, 4.0, AW4, SOA, 8.8, D30, 37's, etc etc
    92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)

"Send lawyers, guns, and money. The shit has hit the fan" - Warren Zevon

Everytime someone installs a Super35 kit, an angel looses its wings. Do you want that on your shoulders every time you get in the jeep? Why, I think not...

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby View Post
    Those are the clowns who I went to for a double cardon front shaft and they installed it backwards (double cardon @ diff).

BTW, I need a new front shaft now that my caster is right (exposed how bad this front shaft has been since day one). How long was your Rubi shaft?
    The new Rubi shaft I just bought is about 40 inches. I don't recall what theirs was. The CVs they used were ungreasable and have an exposed CV ball. I would look at yours. A PGH winter would destroy the CV they put on my shaft.

Thread Information