Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice for ring and pinion

Trail Leader
    I'll find that book, cause id like to learn being one of the only things I don't know How yo
    97 tj, 4.0, ax-15, 8.8 rear, 3.73s, trussed, long armed, and 35" baja claws on wagon wheels.grand and big daddy steering.

Trail Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner97 View Post
    Mark didn't like you because he could tell you were gay!

In all reality, I think your the only person i've ever heard of having trouble with any work they performed...
    What makes you say your gears and locker are junk? You said you have more time to wait til they break, are they howling or what, enlighten us as to your issue with them, i'm curious now!
    Jon - Yeah making tons of noise and leaking gear oil out of the breather. The directions for installing ARB lockers in a D44 state to drill one small hole on each side of the axle tube inside the housing (the new gears are bigger and the holes are needed to allow the fluid to drain properly). So they didn't do it, and when I brought it back, they told me it was fine...even though it wasn't. So I'm waiting until something breaks so I can sue them (on a lawyer's advice ).
    Originally Posted by [B]skeebs[/B]
    [I]there should be specific criteria people must meet in order to purchase a jeep

[/I][QUOTE=mangotango;227621]^^^Gettin' laid in the shower and you're complaining about the water? Really?
    That's like having someone give you a million bucks and complaining about the color of the check.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=dan58;233662]The ugly as hell police says illegal.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by PAFirefighter49 View Post
    Jon - Yeah making tons of noise and leaking gear oil out of the breather. The directions for installing ARB lockers in a D44 state to drill one small hole on each side of the axle tube inside the housing (the new gears are bigger and the holes are needed to allow the fluid to drain properly). So they didn't do it, and when I brought it back, they told me it was fine...even though it wasn't. So I'm waiting until something breaks so I can sue them (on a lawyer's advice ).
    I've never heard about drilling drain holes. I've had mine installed in the D44 for 1.5 years now without any issues with the oil blowing out. I do have a small air leak I need to track down though.
    Never blame the beer. It's only there to lend a hand.

PghOffRoad Regular
    I guess you don't get to pay your attorney until he gets to sue someone! Maybe you should just spend the money to get it looked at by someone else and move on. I know I wouldn't want to go four wheelin if I knew something was not going to hold up. For the record they installed all of the stuff on my Jeep and I haven't had any problems. They also do all the vehicles where I work,2.4million miles driven by fleet last year, and we have never had a problem.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by PAFirefighter49 View Post
    I would find a new attorney. It would cost what 1500 dollars for a new axle ? If that ? So you run it till it breaks Greensburg driveline is going to pay to replace the axle and that is ONLY if your attorney can prove that they caused the failure (not offroading it) So you will have to find a witness who will need to tear down the axle and determine what caused the issue this also cost money. I dunno it just seems at the end of the day you will have several thousand dollars tied up in getting a 1500 dollar (maybe) axle repaired. I had a similar situation involving a transmission and a dealership. My attorneys advice was not run it till it blew. He simply wrote them a letter and a few weeks later the truck was repaired.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

Trail Leader
    It's not really about the cost of getting it fixed...I'm just pissed that it cost a lot more than they said it would, and that the job still isn't done even after I brought it to their attention.

@ Dana: The D44s in the Jeeps for some reason don't drain well with the larger size of the ARB carrier. It's in the directions http://store.arbusa.com/Assets/PDF/RD113_i.pdf Page 10 in section 3.1. The Reader's Digest version: Some Salisbury axles were built with shaky drainage to begin with and the ARB carrier makes it so that one or both of the axle tubes can become pressurized. Lucky for me, the driver's side does it so it blows it out the breather instead of blowing out my seals or pressurizing my airm system in the carrier.
    Originally Posted by [B]skeebs[/B]
    [I]there should be specific criteria people must meet in order to purchase a jeep

[/I][QUOTE=mangotango;227621]^^^Gettin' laid in the shower and you're complaining about the water? Really?
    That's like having someone give you a million bucks and complaining about the color of the check.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=dan58;233662]The ugly as hell police says illegal.[/QUOTE]

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Have you made sure yours doesn't have the drainage holes? That says that some do and some don't. Your locker just might be a leaky piece of shit like Dana's! hehehehehehe
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

Thread Information