Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

M35A2 Part 5: Bobbed deuce going to a new home in TX - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: M35A2 Part 5: Bobbed deuce going to a new home in TX

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Seriously, it looks good. I wanna go out on a trail with you in that. When is the next Ligoneer run? Got to try out the GS in the woods
    ___
    Offroad design and Jeep parts
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    facebook.com/AzzysDesignWorks
    @AzzyDesignWorks

Less posting, more wheeling!
    I agree. It looks better with the Duals unless youdind super singles so to speak. Woulda loved to see the crew cab.
    [COLOR=darkred]HighlanderCJ-7[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]If you don't stand behind our troops... [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#8b0000]Feel free to stand in front of them...[/COLOR]

Less posting, more wheeling! joshs1ofakindxj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    Seriously, it looks good. I wanna go out on a trail with you in that. When is the next Ligonier run? Got to try out the GS in the woods
    Did you get a GS? I missed that breaking news if so! Or are you saying you want to ride mine in the woods to see how easy it is... lol

I would definitely like to wheel this before the snow comes!

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Hey, you got a crane right? We could do both

Yeah, a 99 R1100GS ABS.

http://pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthr...307#post300307
    Last edited by Azzy; 10-16-2014 at 11:31 AM.
    ___
    Offroad design and Jeep parts
    www.AzzysDesignWorks.com
    facebook.com/AzzysDesignWorks
    @AzzyDesignWorks

Test drive tonight was awesome. The truck takes off quicker, pulls hills in top gear, and it turns so much easier! I'm pretty happy with it.

Drove it to work today. All was well till I got to work and there was gear oil all over the inside of the right tires. I'm guessing a stuck vent is pushing the fluid out. That hub is really hot as well so I'm going to adjust the brakes again. It's a pretty big pain.

Oregon trail ready. Found the axe, pick, and shovel for cheap at the flea market and got the three reproduction straps online. It's a shame I even have to do it, but I'll have to figure out a way to lock these all up so they can't be stolen. Probably drill a hole in each tool and lock them all to the rack with a cable.

New Stanton Mack-Volvo had nice giant mud flaps for $9 ea! Working on mounting those now.

This thing is a blast to drive.

Trail Leader
    Are you now getting better power for take off than before since losing literally a ton of weight? I sure do miss mine as was thinking of doing this same thing but now have the Hmmwv instead and much more fun with A/C,,,,lol. I will have to get with ya to check it out and see how much better it is now bobbed but still taking your word for it. Just my own curiosity I guess. Holler when ya can.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#8b0000]If it has Wheels and involves dirt...I can Break it!!

Red Jeep Club Member #640
    Z.O.R.U. #300[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Gotta ask..... why'd ya mount the flaps so far in-board of the tires?
    ···╔════════╗
    ·█╢░░░░░░░░╟█
    ·._├────────┤_.
    ╘╕Θ║║║║║║║Θ╒╛
    ═══╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═══
    Hyper..... or, just call me Tim
    '13 Jeep JK Wrangler (his)
    '16 Jeep KL Cherokee Trailhawk (her's)

Jeep Ambassador to the FJORC

„ɹǝʇʇods ʎɯ ǝɯɐןq ˙˙˙˙sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı„

Quote Originally Posted by chux72vette View Post
    Are you now getting better power for take off than before since losing literally a ton of weight? I sure do miss mine as was thinking of doing this same thing but now have the Hmmwv instead and much more fun with A/C,,,,lol. I will have to get with ya to check it out and see how much better it is now bobbed but still taking your word for it. Just my own curiosity I guess. Holler when ya can.
    To me, it seems like a significant improvement in take off, holding speed up hills, and even stopping, but part of it might be I haven't driven it in about a year and I'm just so flippin excited. The bed I took off was almost exactly 2000 lbs, the M105 bed that went on is about 900 lbs, the axle removed with tires, wheels, brakes is probably around 1200 lbs, and the suspension changed probably netted me 500 lbs, so yes, over a 2000 lb reduction in weight. Which reminds me I need to change my bridge plate number on the front!

Quote Originally Posted by hyperbuzzin View Post
    Gotta ask..... why'd ya mount the flaps so far in-board of the tires?
    When I get super singles and flip the hubs it will look right. I didn't want to come up with a way to mount the mud flaps outside of the edge of the bed just to have to change it next summer. I agree it looks goofy but it's just for a little while.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs1ofakindxj View Post

When I get super singles and flip the hubs it will look right. I didn't want to come up with a way to mount the mud flaps outside of the edge of the bed just to have to change it next summer. I agree it looks goofy but it's just for a little while.
    Ahhh... make sense now.
    Super singles should look different, in a good way!
    ···╔════════╗
    ·█╢░░░░░░░░╟█
    ·._├────────┤_.
    ╘╕Θ║║║║║║║Θ╒╛
    ═══╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═══
    Hyper..... or, just call me Tim
    '13 Jeep JK Wrangler (his)
    '16 Jeep KL Cherokee Trailhawk (her's)

Jeep Ambassador to the FJORC

„ɹǝʇʇods ʎɯ ǝɯɐןq ˙˙˙˙sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı„

I gave the Charleroi VFW Women's Axillary a ride in the Monessen Veteren's Day Parade this past Saturday and made front page of the regional print paper I'm told.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/article/20141108/NEWS01/141109494#.VGKCuxa9EaA

I need to put the hard top back on because first, winter is coming, and second, that damn exhaust is a lot louder with the soft top on!

I gave the Charleroi VFW Women's Axillary a ride in the Monessen Veteren's Day Parade this past Saturday and made front page of the regional print paper I'm told.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/article/20141108/NEWS01/141109494#.VGKCuxa9EaA

Schweeeeeeet... you just needed a Pittsbrugh Offroad sticker in the front window, though!

Don't know if you're on Pirate or not, but if you are, I'd post this there - it's cool enough that no one will give you any crap over it!
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI
    '92 Dodge Ramcharger - 4 1/2" lift, 35's, 318 Magnum... a work in progress...

Well the truck has been for sale and finally a few weeks ago a nice fella near Dallas TX decided to buy it. He mailed the check, it cleared, and now I'm prepping it for the journey for him. He will pay for a truck to haul it down if he can find something close to $1200, or fly up and drive it down himself if he has to. He bought all the spare parts, including the spare engine, so I'm starting the game of tetris that is loading everything in the back.

Last night I drove the truck an hour to my parent's house to put the engine in the back. First I put in 6 spare tires and wheels up front, then the motor fit perfectly between the wheel wells in the M105 bed. That worked out well. I had to grab a torch and trim the bed floor braces near the tires, they were getting close to the inner tires with the added weight. I was worried they would rub if I hit a good bump, so I trimmed them at a 45. I'll dress them up with a grinder and some paint before the truck hits the road.

On the way back, she road nice with the added weight, but the tach quit working. When I got home, I popped out the gauge cluster and a hiss started, which turned into a POP and then a WOOOSH as 120 PSI was dumped in my face. That was exciting. The rubber air hose from the gauge to the fire wall blew at the one end. Must of been on its last leg. I had a spare and replaced it quickly, then pulled the tach cable to find the end was broken. The truck buyer is a great guy, and when I told him what happened he bought one online and is having it shipped to my house. I'll be happy to toss it on for him. He paid my asking price for the truck and spare parts, with my promise that I would have the truck serviced and ready to make the drive if needed with everything working, so I'm happy to stand by that, with the understanding between us that it is an old truck and ANYTHING is possible.

So far I've changed the oil (Rural King oil is awesome), and the fuel filters are next, along with a few other odds and ends. It's not bad spinning wrenches on the truck one last time. I think that was my favorite part of owning it.
    Last edited by joshs1ofakindxj; 04-21-2016 at 10:38 AM.

Well the truck has been for sale and finally a few weeks ago a nice fella near Dallas TX decided to buy it. He mailed the check, it cleared, and now I'm prepping it for the journey for him. He will pay for a truck to haul it down if he can find something close to $1200, or fly up and drive it down himself if he has to. He bought all the spare parts, including the spare engine, so I'm starting the game of tetris that is loading everything in the back.

Last night I drove the truck an hour to my parent's house to put the engine in the back. First I put in 6 spare tires and wheels up front, then the motor fit perfectly between the wheel wells in the M105 bed. That worked out well. I had to grab a torch and trim the bed floor braces near the tires, they were getting close to the inner tires with the added weight. I was worried they would rub if I hit a good bump, so I trimmed them at a 45. I'll dress them up with a grinder and some paint before the truck hits the road.

On the way back, she road nice with the added weight, but the tach quit working. When I got home, I popped out the gauge cluster and a hiss started, which turned into a POP and then a WOOOSH as 120 PSI was dumped in my face. That was exciting. The rubber air hose from the gauge to the fire wall blew at the one end. Must of been on its last leg. I had a spare and replaced it quickly, then pulled the tach cable to find the end was broken. The truck buyer is a great guy, and when I told him what happened he bought one online and is having it shipped to my house. I'll be happy to toss it on for him. He paid my asking price for the truck and spare parts, with my promise that I would have the truck serviced and ready to make the drive if needed with everything working, so I'm happy to stand by that, with the understanding between us that it is an old truck and ANYTHING is possible.

So far I've changed the oil (Rural King oil is awesome), and the fuel filters are next, along with a few other odds and ends. It's not bad spinning wrenches on the truck one last time. I think that was my favorite part of owning it.
    Do the spare parts include your balls in a baggie???
    Never blame the beer. It's only there to lend a hand.

Hey I'm still allowed to have toys. I'm picking up one of these tonight:

Bu bye!

Wink

Well that SUCKS. I always wanted to run across a deuce while offroad. Your next project better be "Ramcharger" or cooler.
    '07 Commander - 2" Daystar lift, 32x17x10 Cooper ATPs, Flowtech exhaust, aFe CAI

Wink

Hey I'm still allowed to have toys. I'm picking up one of these tonight:

A mannequin head?! Cool!

Back yard is now secure!

Chupacabra in the treeline?

Trail Leader
    that looks like it would be pretty useful for shooting coyote

Back yard is now secure!

85 4Runner "Garage Wheeler"

Thread Information